Check your account email address ×

New Ski-Doo's

irv

55 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Shot is a fantastic feature, not for everyone mind you.  But the tech is awesome.  Who doesn’t want 20-25 lbs. less weight off one side of the sled?

Ski doo is retarded 

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so you see no benefit of not having a 19lb battery and a,5 lb starter under the hood of a dimond pounder ? 

I do for sure he'll just the not having to buy a new one every 2 yrs is enogh reason for shot 

oh and it is not for when digging out it is for less effort when ridding on its side and or javing to pull it over and around 

TBH no-  I want electric start for the first pull of the day.  Starting a warm engine isn't a big deal i did it for 2 years and 6k miles on my 12 freeride which only had the rope but i hated the morning start.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Anler said:

That's not a trail dummy and that snow is probably 4' deep. 

It’s a park road or trail......and if the snow is 4’deep you’re riding on 3’6” of hardpack :lmao:  Let me know when you jump off your sled and you’re eye level with the running boards.  👍

Edited by SnowRider
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It’s a park road or trail......and ifthe snow is 4’deep you’re riding on 3’6” of hardpack :lmao:  Let me know when you jump off your sled and you’re eye level with the running boards.  👍

I should have had him take the picture of when I got off the sled 5 minutes prior. I went in up to my waist. That's why I'm sitting on the sled. 

15 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

zero reason for shot on a trail sled,  it's designed to save weight when your having to dig a sled out not while riding groomed trails.  Shocked no 129 900's,  they already have the chassis not a big deal to attach the 129 tunnel on it.  

It's 20lbs of weight savings... Saying that doesn't matter on trail is like claiming 4-strokes are as nimble as 2-stokes.

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it's low and closer to center and is immaterial vs a heavier motor and exhaust further forward.  

What’s stupid is not having a recoil when you get electric start. 

SHOT is a neat feature but only works when the sled is warm and easy to pull over. I’d choose electric start on a trail sled every time. Just give me a damn cord for when the battery or starter shits the bed. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

What’s stupid is not having a recoil when you get electric start. 

SHOT is a neat feature but only works when the sled is warm and easy to pull over. I’d choose electric start on a trail sled every time. Just give me a damn cord for when the battery or starter shits the bed. 

agreed,  my starter stuck last time up,  fortunately i have the recoil behind the panel.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Only a retard would buy a 2-stroke without a recoil starter.:lol:

Why? If something does fail it takes literally seconds to grab a strap s d start it off the clutch. I agree its dumb they dont include them but estart is probably just as reliable as a recoil rope now days

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Why? If something does fail it takes literally seconds to grab a strap s d start it off the clutch. I agree its dumb they dont include them but estart is probably just as reliable as a recoil rope now days

Its an option.  Why would I want to rope start a new sled?:lol:

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

agreed,  my starter stuck last time up,  fortunately i have the recoil behind the panel.  

Mine was acting up last weekend too. Happened at a busy gas pump, luckily I got the gear to extend after a few taps on it. Still gay doo shit though. 

Made me have a flashback of my buddies cavalier in high school. He used to make his little brother crawl under his car before school and whack on the starter until it would eventually roll over.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Mine was acting up last weekend too. Happened at a busy gas pump, luckily I got the gear to extend after a few taps on it. Still gay doo shit though. 

Made me have a flashback of my buddies cavalier in high school. He used to make his little brother crawl under his car before school and whack on the starter until it would eventually roll over.  :lol: 

Put a recoil on it....not overly expensive 

:bc:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

it's low and closer to center and is immaterial vs a heavier motor and exhaust further forward.  

Where do you think Doo puts the battery? I'll give you a hint: it sure as fuck ain't central :lol: 

53 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Where do you think Doo puts the battery? I'll give you a hint: it sure as fuck ain't central :lol: 

forgot they moved it to the seat on the G4 but thats still relatively centralized.  theres 60 pounds of fuel right there with it and the battery is what 8 lbs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

forgot they moved it to the seat on the G4 but thats still relatively centralized.  theres 60 pounds of fuel right there with it and the battery is what 8 lbs

I do think it's better back there than under the hood. I'd still prefer the 20-25lbs weight savings, especially when you only have to pull start it once a day. 

How hard is it to pull over these new engines? If SHOT can start it with a quarter turn of the crank I can't imagine a cold start would take more than 2-3 pulls with a bad hangover... 1-2 if you didn't drink too much the night before AND you don't even have to fuck around with a choke or a primer. Are sledders really that lazy now?

10 hours ago, Anler said:

I should have had him take the picture of when I got off the sled 5 minutes prior. I went in up to my waist. That's why I'm sitting on the sled. 

Uhhh, why isn't the other dude standing off his sled up to his waist then? I could rip that terrain on my shorty without a problem dude.

Edit: I went back and there's no one sitting on their sled in that pic... were you taking it from your seat on a 3rd sled and riding with an invisible 3rd guy?

Edited by Wildboer
I'm Sherlock Holmes bitch.
  • Like 1