Check your account email address ×

New Ski-Doo's

irv

43 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

For what it's worth I think this years XRS would look better with a black skid-plate. 

I'm going to do red ski loops and red hyfax when I throw on a RipSaw2.  It will make a difference

30 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Be nice if the blue and red were available on the trail sleds. 

Yep

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

wrong-  manta green is tremendous

Worst color ever.  It's a massive faggot color.  It's no wonder it's your favorite. :news:

On 2/22/2019 at 1:11 PM, Rod Johnson said:

Mine was an 04 x package with a 1.75. Snow was snow deep you couldn’t walk. I got around ok. But I was probably only 160 lbs then 

the switchback guys would just plow through the snow and get stuck everywhere. I had to break trail lmao 

My buddy went out and bought a 97 XLT SP after I had to break trail years ago when we were up in Madawaska. We headed up before christmas and there was easily 3-4 feet of snow. My bud was on a 95 Indy 500 then and the snow was so deep it was falling over/around the windshield getting all over the dash and on his lap. He said you try leading, which I did. Having the XTRA 12 suspension and the 1.25 lug track I was able to ride on top of the snow. Best sledding I ever did in my life. You didn't even have to steer, you just leaned where you wanted to go. 

It snowed so hard the next day we had to get off the trail and hunker down in a gas station until it passed. Have never seen snow like that since. 

two_hooptie_Polaris_sleds.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, irv said:

My buddy went out and bought a 97 XLT SP after I had to break trail years ago when we were up in Madawaska. We headed up before christmas and there was easily 3-4 feet of snow. My bud was on a 95 Indy 500 then and the snow was so deep it was falling over/around the windshield getting all over the dash and on his lap. He said you try leading, which I did. Having the XTRA 12 suspension and the 1.25 lug track I was able to ride on top of the snow. Best sledding I ever did in my life. You didn't even have to steer, you just leaned where you wanted to go. 

It snowed so hard the next day we had to get off the trail and hunker down in a gas station until it passed. Have never seen snow like that since. 

two_hooptie_Polaris_sleds.jpg

That’s how this was. I’ve never seen as much snow since. Like you said you couldn’t steer you had to lean and turn left to go right 

5 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

That’s how this was. I’ve never seen as much snow since. Like you said you couldn’t steer you had to lean and turn left to go right 

It was unbelievable. We went into Whitney one morning for breakfast and we both seen this old lady, who was likely in her 80's, coming out of the restaurant and she overheard my bud and I talking about all the snow. Without missing a beat she said, it has snowed now for 6 fucking days straight! My bud and I laughed so hard we almost fell down. She looked at us wondering what was so funny not realizing it wasn't everyday you heard old people using the F bomb. :lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'm going to do red ski loops and red hyfax when I throw on a RipSaw2.  It will make a difference

Yep

Worst color ever.  It's a massive faggot color.  It's no wonder it's your favorite. :news:

Shame you spend 15k and get a useless track and have to swap right away :news: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'd get the 1.5" Ice Ripper XT before I spent extra money on a Ripsaw 2. If you want traditional studs just throw 90/135 down the middle on top of the pre-installed shits.

3 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I'd get the 1.5" Ice Ripper XT before I spent extra money on a Ripsaw 2. If you want traditional studs just throw 90/135 down the middle on top of the pre-installed shits.

Are you fucking retarded. 

That's a ripsaw ....its junk. Add faggot ass screws and it's still complete fucking junk. The rip2 is 1000x the track 

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Yep, one of the things I hated about skidoo spring check. Polaris does that shit right, build the sled you want with the track you want. :bc:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That's a ripsaw ....its junk. Add faggot ass screws and it's still complete fucking junk. The rip2 is 1000x the track 

I like this cobra better than the last 2 rip2's I had. Maybe it's the assault skid but this this just hooks. 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The new pattern really makes it better than having the taller 1.5" lug? I figured the taller lug would compensate.

14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup rip2 is so much better than the original Shitty version 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The new pattern really makes it better than having the taller 1.5" lug? I figured the taller lug would compensate.

Yes....for sure. The 1.5 old pattern really adds nothing in the way of benefit. The new pattern is one of the best tracks I've ridden. I've been a massive fan of cobra tracks going back 7-8 years.....the new rip is just as good

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes....for sure. The 1.5 old pattern really adds in the way of benefit. The new pattern is one of the best tracks I've ridden. I've been a massive fan of cobra tracks going back 7-8 years.....the new rip is just as good

I think the rip 2 is better. The cobra is a good design but too soft. Rip2 is a better compound 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The original rip is fucking unbelievable garbage. Like a sick joke. 

The original rip was a game changer when it came out. Most sleds had tracks less than an inch back then. On hard pack it's good, in loose snow not so much. 

Just now, Anler said:

The original rip was a game changer when it came out. Most sleds had tracks less than an inch back then. On hard pack it's good, in loose snow not so much. 

Its absolutely garbage....the predator was 1000x better 

Just now, Anler said:

It was not. It was just new and exciting. The original doo 1.25” paddle and The cat 1-3/8 were so much better 

back in 08? I put 2.52 drivers on my xp and a new 1.25” doo paddle. The paddle hooked so much better it was unreal. Could cat walk the sled right on the back wheels at will 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes....for sure. The 1.5 old pattern really adds in the way of benefit. The new pattern is one of the best tracks I've ridden. I've been a massive fan of cobra tracks going back 7-8 years.....the new rip is just as good

You're gonna laugh at this but my '19 XRS' Ice Ripper XT has been throwing studs out of the central lugs and I've been torn between studding it with 90 traditional studs or ditching the ripper and going for a taller lug. That new 1.5" Storm with 90 or 135 down the middle sounds tempting.