Check your account email address ×

Trump's 'bone spurs' are a lie: Daughter of podiatrist who helped get president out of Vietnam service

Trump's 'bone spurs' are a lie: Daughter of podiatrist who helped get president out of Vietnam servi

Source: The Raw Story

The daughters of the late Dr. Larry Braunstein, a one-time podiatrist based in Queens, have told the New York Times that their father helped President Donald Trump escape getting drafted during the Vietnam War by fabricating a diagnosis of bone spurs in his feet. 

56-year-old Dr. Elysa Braunstein tells the Times that her late father implied that Trump did not suffer from a debilitating foot ailment, and that he offered the bogus diagnosis as a favor to Trump patriarch Fred Trump. 

“I know it was a favor,” explains Elysa Braunstein, whose account was also corroborated by her sister, Sharon Kessel. “What he got was access to Fred Trump. If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and Trump would take care of it immediately. That was the small favor that he got.” 

The daughters also believe their father was assisted by Dr. Manny Weinstein, a podiatrist who first moved into a Trump-owned apartment in the same year that the future president got his exemption from the military draft. The daughters aren’t certain that Weinstein, who passed away in 1995, helped their father concoct Trump’s foot ailment, but they said their father “often mentioned” Weinstein when discussing the Trump deferment scheme.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trumps-bone-spurs-lie-daughter-podiatrist-helped-get-president-vietnam-service 

The NY Times story:  Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam? 

In the fall of 1968, Donald J. Trump received a timely diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels that led to his medical exemption from the military during Vietnam. 

For 50 years, the details of how the exemption came about, and who made the diagnosis, have remained a mystery, with Mr. Trump himself saying during the presidential campaign that he could not recall who had signed off on the medical documentation.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

the Dr.'s daughter would have been 5 at the time if you do the math...:lol:

and,  do you not think that something they may have discussed when she got older

End of the day WGAF,  plenty of real issues to have with trump without resorting to 50 year old rumors and innuendo

18 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump's 'bone spurs' are a lie: Daughter of podiatrist who helped get president out of Vietnam servi

Source: The Raw Story

The daughters of the late Dr. Larry Braunstein, a one-time podiatrist based in Queens, have told the New York Times that their father helped President Donald Trump escape getting drafted during the Vietnam War by fabricating a diagnosis of bone spurs in his feet. 

56-year-old Dr. Elysa Braunstein tells the Times that her late father implied that Trump did not suffer from a debilitating foot ailment, and that he offered the bogus diagnosis as a favor to Trump patriarch Fred Trump. 

“I know it was a favor,” explains Elysa Braunstein, whose account was also corroborated by her sister, Sharon Kessel. “What he got was access to Fred Trump. If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and Trump would take care of it immediately. That was the small favor that he got.” 

The daughters also believe their father was assisted by Dr. Manny Weinstein, a podiatrist who first moved into a Trump-owned apartment in the same year that the future president got his exemption from the military draft. The daughters aren’t certain that Weinstein, who passed away in 1995, helped their father concoct Trump’s foot ailment, but they said their father “often mentioned” Weinstein when discussing the Trump deferment scheme.

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/trumps-bone-spurs-lie-daughter-podiatrist-helped-get-president-vietnam-service 

The NY Times story:  Did a Queens Podiatrist Help Donald Trump Avoid Vietnam? 

In the fall of 1968, Donald J. Trump received a timely diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels that led to his medical exemption from the military during Vietnam. 

For 50 years, the details of how the exemption came about, and who made the diagnosis, have remained a mystery, with Mr. Trump himself saying during the presidential campaign that he could not recall who had signed off on the medical documentation.

LAME AS FUCK

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

and,  do you not think that something they may have discussed when she got older

End of the day WGAF,  plenty of real issues to have with trump without resorting to 50 year old rumors and innuendo

Well if he was still alive as Trump was running for president I would definitely think it would be possible.. But the Dr. died in 2007 and trump was just a private citizen at that time.. I dont think it would be something that would come up in normal conversation between a father and daughter over dinner or something.. Ya know, why would it come up?? Just seems odd and fabricated..

and I agree on the 2nd sentence.

Just now, Rigid1 said:

Well if he was still alive as Trump was running for president I would definitely think it would be possible.. But the Dr. died in 2007 and trump was just a private citizen at that time.. I dont think it would be something that would come up in normal conversation between a father and daughter over dinner or something.. Ya know, why would it come up?? Just seems odd and fabricated..

and I agree on the 2nd sentence.

Well, number 1 he would be breaking his Hippocratic oath as well as breaking the law.  Fine father they have.  :lol:  

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well, number 1 he would be breaking his Hippocratic oath as well as breaking the law.  Fine father they have.  :lol:  

Not to even speak to how convenient that he’s dead and she is the only one who can speak to the story. I mean come on lol... 

I wouldn’t doubt for a second thag Trumpo skated his way out of the draft for BS reasons, but this is dumb as fuck.

7 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Not to even speak to how convenient that he’s dead and she is the only one who can speak to the story. I mean come on lol... 

I wouldn’t doubt for a second thag Trumpo skated his way out of the draft for BS reasons, but this is dumb as fuck.

^^^^This^^^^

Not to mention.   Prior to 68 he received college deferments and like them or not many took them.  

June 14, received a high number which would have given him a low probability to be called to military service even without the 1-Y.

Edited by Highmark

55 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

the Dr.'s daughter would have been 5 at the time if you do the math...:lol:

:lol:

trumps have been well known in NY for a long time. This story could have easily “stuck around”, columbo.

Edited by Snoslinger

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

trumps have been well known NY for a long time. This story could have easily “stuck around”, columbo.

It could have. Only if said DR. is a scumbag, whom breaks the hippocratic oath he took when he became a DR.

5 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

trumps have been well known in NY for a long time. This story could have easily “stuck around”, columbo.

Funny theyve never been brought up till he was president. 

Did you learn about them in 2nd grade?

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

What I don’t get is how you can be eternally butthurt over this :lol: 

Hes butthurt about everything!!!

The guy is a mess.

The idiot makes fun of me about my truck...but said if he got that truck he wouldnt be able to sleep hed be so excited.

:lol2: