Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

13 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

We were all very surprised that the G4 850 broke a rod. It was a great running sled. Tom had the clutching figured out before the first ride so he never did have any belt issues. When you can reduce belt heat by over 100F it really puts the power to the track. 

what did he have to do to get clutches lined up? 

mine was real bad and still not perfect.  to get it nuts in under load we would have to Aug out the mag side motor mount  hole to get it moved enough . but real close now

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good to take dogs out and make trips to garage.  I wear shorts and a t-shirt all year.  I like the long jacket.

What do you people have against pit jackets?  But somehow, riding with sled matching gear isn’t for posers?

LOLOLOLOL!

I race SkiDoos and wear Polaris gear. 

When play riding I wear Klim. 

Anything else?

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yes.  Why do you race Doo and wear Poo gear?  Why not wear Klim gear while racing and “play riding”?

Because my Polaris gear has my name and number on the back. Its blaze orange and matches my Doo. 

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Because my Polaris gear has my name and number on the back. Its blaze orange and matches my Doo. 

Jesus.  You are literally boring me into submission!!!  I actually find it somewhat of an admirable plan.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I bet that trailer has torsions!!!!

:lol:

Hahaha. It does. I have to get it perfectly level when towing or it wears the tires on the loaded axle more. 

Good thing its rated for 10k and rarely weighs more than 4k. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha. It does. I have to get it perfectly level when towing or it wears the tires on the loaded axle more

Good thing its rated for 10k and rarely weighs more than 4k. 

You know its funny you mention that...i had that issue on that stupid stealth trailer....i wonder if it was a flexing issue...never had that on any other enclosed.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You know its funny you mention that...i had that issue on that stupid stealth trailer....i wonder if it was a flexing issue...never had that on any other enclosed.

You probably towed your other trailers loaded properly. 

My Pace is a very good trailer. It tows really well even when improperly loaded. 

It doesnt really wear the tires unevenly because its so under loaded all the time. 

49 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

what did he have to do to get clutches lined up? 

mine was real bad and still not perfect.  to get it nuts in under load we would have to Aug out the mag side motor mount  hole to get it moved enough . but real close now

There is no way to properly align a G4 without this tool. You can preload the clutches and simulate both the motor moving back and the secondary moving down. 

Without this you are just guessing what the secondary is going tondo under load. 

4910E216-F6AB-4FCF-8BE0-2BBE1591BCBC.jpeg

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They all break and they are all good.  Ride what you like.  My independent repairs far more Doo's than all others combined, so by numbers that would dictate they all have issues.  

Your independent also has more Doo's on the trail than the the others.

3 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They all break and they are all good.  Ride what you like.  My independent repairs far more Doo's than all others combined, so by numbers that would dictate they all have issues.  

When you have sold roughly 45%+ of sleds the last few years the numbers don't lie. It stands to reason why you'd see more.

3 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

When you have sold roughly 45%+ of sleds the last few years the numbers don't lie. It stands to reason why you'd see more.

What’s bizarre is there aren’t that as many Doos around here. Hell, we’d have several group rides that I was the only one or maybe just one more.  All Poo and Cat.  :dunno:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

What’s bizarre is there aren’t that as many Doos around here. Hell, we’d have several group rides that I was the only one or maybe just one more.  All Poo and Cat.  :dunno:

There are virtually no Cats aroubd here. If they werent giving them away to the Iron Dog teams I dont think I would see any.