Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Is that your prediction? 580 predicted 30,000.

If your guessing 18,000 then you probably want to change your opinion about the President being responsible for the market. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

If your guessing 18,000 then you probably want to change your opinion about the President being responsible for the market. 

No...thats roughly where it started when Trump took office....think 18700 approx....

so what is it youre actually rambling on about anyway?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

You want a prediction?  The market will gain an average of 8% a year for the next 10 years.  Because thats been the average for over 90 years.  Bull markets last longer than bear markets.  Every study you can cite proves its not timing the market,  its time in the market.  There are 3 facts that even a 3 year rookie in the business knows, that you can't dispute.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

You want a prediction?  The market will gain an average of 8% a year for the next 10 years.  Because thats been the average for over 90 years.  Bull markets last longer than bear markets.  Every study you can cite proves its not timing the market,  its time in the market.  There are 3 facts that even a 3 year rookie in the business knows, that you can't dispute.  

Thanks. I'll remind you of that prediction.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, DAVE said:

No...thats roughly where it started when Trump took office....think 18700 approx....

so what is it youre actually rambling on about anyway?

6 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

6500 - 19000.....:snack:

• Platinum Contributing Member

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That's exactly what will happen . With a correction / minor recession about every 10 yrs Typicaly around the turn of each decade.

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Gotta love it when guys on the sidelines are worried about the markets.  "If only it goes down a bit more I will get back in, Damn, missed it again".

The funny thing is one even has professional advice, and not just any, I mean the kind where minimums need to be had.:lol:

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

That's exactly what will happen . With a correction / minor recession about every 10 yrs Typicaly around the turn of each decade.

Buy on the dips if you can and ride it out long term.:bc:

5 hours ago, snopro31 said:

8.9% increase in lithium shares friday.

not a bad close to the week

I bought a Canadian Lithium company stock for a client recently.  Its performance has been a little bumpy.  The name escapes me, but he's convinced its going to go way up in price.

5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can't believe that I can possibly make as much in 2018 as I did in 2017. I sure the fuck hope I do but I can't see that happening. 

I'm up 5.5% ytd, likely better than last year at this time, it's good to be diversified in other countries and even emerging markets.  You can't bank on or expect 25% returns year after year.:lol:

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I bought a Canadian Lithium company stock for a client recently.  Its performance has been a little bumpy.  The name escapes me, but he's convinced its going to go way up in price.

Hopefully its not a significant part of his portfolio.  

On 2018-01-16 at 9:44 PM, DriftBusta said:

Anyone who doesn't call their financial advisor or pull their money to the sidelines.

Timing the Market.  So did you pull anyone to the sidelines at 26,000?

On 2018-03-14 at 11:30 PM, DriftBusta said:

You'd be an idiot to time the Market.  Did you talk people out of moving to the sidelines at 26,000?