Check your account email address ×

Friday/Saturday night post anything thread

SSFB

My grandparents were at Patsy Cline’s baby shower and my brother’s mother in law went to the prom or homecoming (can’t remember) with Gene Cernan (last man on the moon). 

Almost every day I want to take guitar lessons again (I did around 8 years old) but I fear with my carpel tunnel from wrenching it’ll only exasperate more. 

just got done filling over 40 contractor bags of my motherinlaws shit that has been taking up my trucks space in the garage since she went in to memory care this may. goodwill or bust open at 830 .my wife can clean out her cars spot if she wants to park inside this winter 

next her house 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, bussman said:

My grandparents were at Patsy Cline’s baby shower and my brother’s mother in law went to the prom or homecoming (can’t remember) with Gene Cernan (last man on the moon). 

Almost every day I want to take guitar lessons again (I did around 8 years old) but I fear with my carpel tunnel from wrenching it’ll only exasperate more. 

Are you shitting me....Patsy Cline....love Patsy Cline.:thumbsup:

• Platinum Contributing Member

I went to see Kid Rock at The Saginaw Civic Center probably 10 years ago with my brother and two of his friends. Just got hammered drunk and I swear Kirk Gibson was there but was trying to be low key and I keep yelling his name....Gibby, Gibby....he kept shaking his head no but it was him..I know it. Pretty sure at one point I fell backwards over a bunch of chairs and couldn't remember most the show the next day. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are you shitting me....Patsy Cline....love Patsy Cline.:thumbsup:

None of the family knew until a few years ago when grandma gave my aunt her diary. Says she forgot all about it. lol

They also had dinner at Liberace’s house. My grandpa was a music teacher and session player on accordion and electric organ so I’m guessing that’s the connections. 

• Gold Member

Lunch: pastrami & corned Beef with melted swiss and slaw on toasted rye bread with thousand island plus a bowl of sweet chili.

Dinner: a dozen oysters on the half shell and some chicken and andouille sausage in a spicy creamy tomato sauce with penne

FUCK YEAH!  :bc:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Lunch: pastrami & corned Beef with melted swiss and slaw on toasted rye bread with thousand island plus a bowl of sweet chili.

Dinner: a dozen oysters on the half shell and some chicken and andouille sausage in a spicy creamy tomato sauce with penne

FUCK YEAH!  :bc:

Pastrami good, Oysters not so much.

1 hour ago, bussman said:

Thats pretty awesome Buss.  Love Patsy.  My 83 year old mother still does a pretty mean version of "Crazy" :lol: 

Had a killer ribeye I hand cut off the grill, gonna get tuned and sit in the hot tub, reflect on the awesome snowmachine I have to tackle the season with. :bc: 

41 minutes ago, ckf said:

Pastrami good, Oysters not so much.

I love almost all seafood but I don't care for Oysters that much. I'll usually eat only one. 

Mussels in a cream sauce however is one of my favorite things in the world. 

3 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I love almost all seafood but I don't care for Oysters that much. I'll usually eat only one. 

Mussels in a cream sauce however is one of my favorite things in the world. 

My favorite seafood is fried clams. Can't stand steamers though :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

My favorite seafood is fried clams. Can't stand steamers though :dunno:

Never had it I don't think but I'm sure I'd like it. 

If it's done right, fried Calamari is great IMO. Some places don't do it right though and it is rubbery. 

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Never had it I don't think but I'm sure I'd like it. 

If it's done right, Calamari is great IMO. Some places don't do it right though and it is rubbery. 

You've never had fried clams? Really? Very popular here in New England :bc:

Agreed on the calamari :bc: 

• Gold Member
Just now, ckf said:

I don't think I've ever tried quahogs, but coming from an oyster lover I'm not sure if I would want to try them :lol:

How the hell have you never had a quahog? Serious question...