Check your account email address ×

Friday/Saturday night post anything thread

SSFB

Just now, Kivalo said:

How the hell have you never had a quahog? Serious question...

Honestly I've never noticed the on the menu at any of the seafood restaurants I've been in. Are they a southern New England / New York thing?

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

You've never had fried clams? Really? Very popular here in New England :bc:

Agreed on the calamari :bc: 

I can't remember having them I should say. I probably have at some point. 

5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Why all the hate for oysters?  Some of you guys need your heads checked!!!  Delicious!!  :bc:

I really like Sushi, cold shrimp, etc. and other cold seafood but the texture of cold oysters just isn't appealing to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

I really like Sushi, cold shrimp, etc. and other cold seafood but the texture of cold oysters just isn't appealing to me. 

Are you done golfing for the season in SD?

When I was in Ireland I had a Seafood Bake that was like a Chicken Pot Pie but stuffed with different seafood. It had a giant crab's claw and some mussels sticking out of it when they brought it to me. It was fucking incredible. Combine that with several Guinness and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats pretty awesome Buss.  Love Patsy.  My 83 year old mother still does a pretty mean version of "Crazy" :lol: 

Had a killer ribeye I hand cut off the grill, gonna get tuned and sit in the hot tub, reflect on the awesome snowmachine I have to tackle the season with. :bc: 

Steak and cheese calzone. Already tuned, cigar, 16 year old scotch, and out of the tub. Hot shower, hit the recliner button. Maybe some cherry pie later.

• Like 3

Just now, ckf said:

Are you done golfing for the season in SD?

For the most part. November is really hit or miss. This first half of the month has been decent, but all of the nice days have been M-F when I'm working. :lol:Last time I played was November 4th. 

We get some weird weather here too so it's not terribly uncommon to be able to play maybe once in December or January. There has been years where I have played every month here but that hasn't happened for a couple years now. 

Sunday is suppposed to be about 55, sunny and calm so as long as that forecast holds, I'll be out there. :bc:

Still got the snow you had or did it melt?

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Steak and cheese calzone. Already tuned, cigar, 16 year old scotch, and out of the tub. Hot shower, hit the recliner button. Maybe some cherry pie later.

Now I want a cigar. :lol::bc:

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

For the most part. November is really hit or miss. This first half of the month has been decent, but all of the nice days have been M-F when I'm working. :lol:Last time I played was November 4th. 

We get some weird weather here too so it's not terribly uncommon to be able to play maybe once in December or January. There has been years where I have played every month here but that hasn't happened for a couple years now. 

Sunday is suppposed to be about 55, sunny and calm so as long as that forecast holds, I'll be out there. :bc:

Still got the snow you had or did it melt?

Most of it melted, but today was cold with temps in the mid 20's, windy and on and off snow showers.

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

for good reason

:lmao:

:bc:

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Most of it melted, but today was cold with temps in the mid 20's, windy and on and off snow showers.

:bc:

Was about 48 degrees here, felt pretty good. :bc:

Just now, ckf said:

I haven't had a cigar in 2 or 3 years now. Can't say as though I really miss them :dunno:

I enjoy a good cigar once and a while. Few weekends ago I was at my sister's place and me and my BIL got hammered on the deck and smoked some cigars. :joint:

Just now, SSFB said:

Was about 48 degrees here, felt pretty good. :bc:

I don't think we will see many more days in the 40's here this year. It could happen, just not likely due to the elevation. I think it only got up to the the upper teens at Rob's today because he is about 1000' higher than us.

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I enjoy a good cigar once and a while. Few weekends ago I was at my sister's place and me and my BIL got hammered on the deck and smoked some cigars. :joint:

I could probably be talked in to it under the right circumstances :lol:

17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

A good calzone is hard to find in Chicago.

• Gold Member
34 minutes ago, ckf said:

Honestly I've never noticed the on the menu at any of the seafood restaurants I've been in. Are they a southern New England / New York thing?

Southern NE for sure, not so much NY tho.

30 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I used to not like them but I had some in New Orleans and Ive been hooked ever since.  :bc:

• Like 1