Check your account email address ×

***Official BBQ / Smoker Thread***

21 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

yearly family get together.........the snake method worked very well in big cooker steady temp thru out entire cook:bc:

Cool, glad to hear that it worked in your big cooker :bc:

32 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool, glad to hear that it worked in your big cooker :bc:

keeping steady temps has been the only thing keeping us from trying a cook off , there are a few bbq cook offs in our area. used 3 bags of charcoal and started it with 2 small bags of match light kept temps within 20* all day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

keeping steady temps has been the only thing keeping us from trying a cook off , there are a few bbq cook offs in our area. used 3 bags of charcoal and started it with 2 small bags of match light kept temps within 20* all day

The snake method is what I've found works best on the Kettle. Good to hear that it works in other cookers :bc:

3 hours ago, Doos said:

Love mine, use it 4-5 times a week. I would describe the Kamado style grills as the best all around style that you can buy, they're good at everything. Maybe not the best at individual ways of cooking, like low temp smoking, but still really good. You'll be amazed how much better the food is off of them.

Dont screw around with a cheap knock off. Get one the decent quality options like BGE, Kamado Joe, or Primo. They're a bit costly but have a lifetime warranty and will serve you well for 20+ years no problem.

BGE money got spend after I posted that.  Maybe next year.:bc:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2017 at 4:06 PM, Doos said:

Love mine, use it 4-5 times a week. I would describe the Kamado style grills as the best all around style that you can buy, they're good at everything. Maybe not the best at individual ways of cooking, like low temp smoking, but still really good. You'll be amazed how much better the food is off of them.

Dont screw around with a cheap knock off. Get one the decent quality options like BGE, Kamado Joe, or Primo. They're a bit costly but have a lifetime warranty and will serve you well for 20+ years no problem.

totally disgaree ...the knockoff will cook nearly identically to the ceramic ....the only thing it wont do is last as long. For 20% of the money I'll take the knock off all day long 

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Clearing out last year's pork. New 4h pig is coming this weekend! 

Sweet deal, I picked mine up this summer already.  I have one year old ham left.  Going to do another smoke and glaze:

hamr.jpg

hams.jpg

Used the rosebud tip torch to crisp up the glaze...

hamf.jpg

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Do eeet! 

It all depends on what I have going on this weekend. I'm supposed to go fly the drones with rob tomorrow afternoon. Then a buddy from NH might be coming up tomorrow night through Sunday afternoon. He is bringing his Jeep if he comes and wants to go explore the woods roads around here.

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

It all depends on what I have going on this weekend. I'm supposed to go fly the drones with rob tomorrow afternoon. Then a buddy from NH might be coming up tomorrow night through Sunday afternoon. He is bringing his Jeep if he comes and wants to go explore the woods roads around here.

Have you checked out the Spark yet?  That little sucker looks badass!

Neal

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Have you checked out the Spark yet?  That little sucker looks badass!

Neal

It's cool for short distances, but can't reach as far as the P4 or Mavic because it only uses wifi. It also doesn't shoot 4K. I'm waiting to see what DJI does with the next version of the Phantom or Mavic :bc:

13 minutes ago, ckf said:

Man, sounds like there's enough time there somewhere :lol:

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

What are you using for smoke generation? 

Neal

There's a tray above the element for chips. There's also a trap door in the side to add more without opening the door. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Man, sounds like there's enough time there somewhere :lol:

Everything came together at the last minute for this weekend. But it should be a good time if it all works out. My buddy from NH always has the good stuff with him :roll: