Check your account email address ×

Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

Since Friday night Port Severn has gotten about 20 inches of snow. Spoke with a friend of mine who was on Georgian Bay yesterday from Midland to Honey Harbour. They were blowing through up to 3 ft of fresh powder. One of the guys on an older low profile style sled was having trouble seeing where he was going due to the powder coming up and over his windshield. Snow in the forecast every day this week.

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Rock Pine doing well in this doom and gloom Ontario 

Sorry for the long lines at our Restaurant 

27500721_977095845774968_297289297899883

and if they weren't one of the few places with snow there wouldn't be anyone there

15 minutes ago, 02sled said:

and if they weren't one of the few places with snow there wouldn't be anyone there

As if, there is trails open all over and every restaurant looks like that today. If you actually got out and rode you'd know that. :nuts:

30 minutes ago, Reevester said:

As if, there is trails open all over and every restaurant looks like that today. If you actually got out and rode you'd know that. :nuts:

Give it a rest... until yesterday morning you essentially had to go to Sudbury or further to find any real riding. Or in this case beyond North Bay. Kind of explains why Cochrane, Hearst, Kirkland Lake and North Bay were so busy the past month maybe huh! You think all those places would be jammed if there was lots of Muskoka riding available. Riding this week, Tuesday until whenever... what about you?

Edited by 02sled

Just now, 02sled said:

Give it a rest... until yesterday morning you essentially had to go to Sudbury or further to find any real riding. Kind of explains why Cochrane, Hearst, Kirkland Lake were so busy the past month maybe huh! You think all those places would be jammed if there was lots of Muskoka riding available.

Those place are always fairly busy because a lot of us like to get up there and ride even in good winters. You wouldn't understand unless you have a "buddy" up there too giving you reports. 

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Those place are always fairly busy because a lot of us like to get up there and ride even in good winters. You wouldn't understand unless you have a "buddy" up there too giving you reports. 

Too bad you don't have friends. Unless you count a handful of people you ALLEGEDLY ride with. I don't have a compulsion to drive over 4 hours to go snowmobiling. If you do, good for you. Have at it. The fact remains if they didn't have any snow there they wouldn't have any snowmobilers there either. Because they have snow it's not a reflection of how the Ontario economy is doing which is what Fail posted.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Too bad you don't have friends. Unless you count a handful of people you ALLEGEDLY ride with. I don't have a compulsion to drive over 4 hours to go snowmobiling. If you do, good for you. Have at it. The fact remains if they didn't have any snow there they wouldn't have any snowmobilers there either. Because they have snow it's not a reflection of how the Ontario economy is doing which is what Fail posted.

Reeves is alone even when he rides with people because he rides pretty fast :lol: he waits for you while having lunch 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I've rode with plenty of people on this forum and OC geriatrics. 

Enjoy your bubble. The rail line from coldwater to Orillia is open. Maybe you'll put some miles on after all, pending isn't to cold or snowing. :lol:

10 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Reeves is alone even when he rides with people because he rides pretty fast :lol: he waits for you while having lunch 

I was going up the C trail from Timmins to Cochrane and past 20 some people and then get to the warm up shack and light the stove. Couple guys come in and say "holy fuck you were hauling the mail".  I said " yep, I didn't want the shack to be cold when you guys got here". We all had a good laugh. :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 02sled said:

Not a reach around, but of all the guys, Kyle seems to extend and follows through with open offers to ride with just about anyone.....and he has zero issues with just doing it solo!

Riding solo actually rarely ends up solo......lots of folks/strangers on the trail to meet up with and have a good ride with :bc:

2 hours ago, Reevester said:

I was going up the C trail from Timmins to Cochrane and past 20 some people and then get to the warm up shack and light the stove. Couple guys come in and say "holy fuck you were hauling the mail".  I said " yep, I didn't want the shack to be cold when you guys got here". We all had a good laugh. :lol:

Good thing they stripped 02 of his powers and his vest otherwise he would be in hot pursuit.

smokey-and-the-bandit-5af1106190d7230b.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Not a reach around, but of all the guys, Kyle seems to extend and follows through with open offers to ride with just about anyone.....and he has zero issues with just doing it solo!

Riding solo actually rarely ends up solo......lots of folks/strangers on the trail to meet up with and have a good ride with :bc:

Allowing what was once stranger's to come to camp and drink with me that turns into great sledding friendships. :lol:

Solid reach around. :bc: