Check your account email address ×

Winter 2018

dirtybeacher

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I would rather fly to Revelstoke, or if I was Dave, just drive.

I'm probably going to book out there in the next couple of days.  I was going to do the guided tour from Abitibi to Moosonee and back but by the time I pay for that, gas, and my drive up and back and a possible hotel room it's pretty much the same price.

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

When you leaving?:lol:

Rolled into novar just after 11 pm last night...from KL....hopped into my truck and got to my Dads at 3:30 am this morning..in Niagara..The wife should have the truck loaded to go at 7am tomorrow morning. :lol:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Rolled into novar just after 11 pm last night...from KL....hopped into my truck and got to my Dads at 3:30 am this morning..in Niagara..The wife should have the truck loaded to go at 7am tomorrow morning. :lol:

:goodpost:

13 hours ago, DAVE said:

I like driving....i must have been a long haul trucker in another life. :lol:

At one time long drives never phased me. In my youth drove with a buddy to Orlando non stop except for switch ups. 4 hours on 4 hours off behind the wheel. We were going to see an all girl rodeo. Wouldn't and probably couldn't do that type of thing today.

Edited by 02sled
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, 02sled said:

At one time long drives never phased me. In my youth drove with a buddy to Orlando non stop except for switch ups. 4 hours on 4 hours off behind the wheel. We were going to see an all girl rodeo. Wouldn't and probably couldn't do that type of thing today.

I did all the driving out here...1st was 14 hrs to thunder bay....2nd day made it to my dads in St.Davids in Niagara. Was about 28 hrs approx.

I find since ive lost weight...i dont get drowsy at all like i use to....i nibble on popcorn here and there.

3 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

I can't do crazy long hauls.  A buddy of mine did a drive to Miami to pick up an offshore boat and turned right around and drove straight back to Orillia.  Only stops were to fuel up.  

Wow... that is insane... I thought our trip to Orlando and back over a long weekend was insane... we were in our early 20's at the time.  I remember waking up in the passenger seat, looking out the window and my buddy was running up and down the hill on the side of the highway.... get the blood flowing and wake up

1 hour ago, 04nightfire said:

I can't do crazy long hauls.  A buddy of mine did a drive to Miami to pick up an offshore boat and turned right around and drove straight back to Orillia.  Only stops were to fuel up.  

Thats about a 56 hr drive give or take...longest ive done is straight to key west. I was pretty bagged to say the least....usually takes a day to recover now...back then it was a good 4 hr power nap a ready to rock.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

Thats about a 56 hr drive give or take...longest ive done is straight to key west. I was pretty bagged to say the least....usually takes a day to recover now...back then it was a good 4 hr power nap a ready to rock.

I don't know how he did it.  Just had some snacks and water to keep him awake.

5 hours ago, DAVE said:

Halifax to Orillia was my longest non-stop - 23 1/2 hours IIRC. I was a lot younger then and even still I was pretty much buggered for the entire next day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pete Z said:

Halifax to Orillia was my longest non-stop - 23 1/2 hours IIRC. I was a lot younger then and even still I was pretty much buggered for the entire next day.

Thats a good haul.