Check your account email address ×

Las Vegas shooting: Clinton blasts NRA, fellow Dems renew call for gun control after attack

Pete

Democrats swiftly renewed their push for gun control within hours of the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, with congressional Democrats urging legislation and Hillary Clinton going after the National Rifle Association.

A gunman killed at least 50 people in the massacre in Las Vegas, which also left more than 400 hospitalized. The casualties exceeded those of the Pulse nightclub tragedy in Florida more than a year ago.

And as with the Pulse attack, the Las Vegas shooting led to prompt calls from Democrats for gun legislation, though the party has struggled to tighten laws even when the Obama administration was in power.

Though details are still emerging about Sunday’s massacre, Clinton, the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, took to Twitter to hammer the NRA over a push to ease federal rules for silencers.

“The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots. Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get,” she tweeted, adding: “Our grief isn't enough. We can and must put politics aside, stand up to the NRA, and work together to try to stop this from happening again.”

59 minutes ago, racer254 said:

How was chicago over the weekend?  Plenty of strict gun laws there that seem to work????

Only 4 dead this past weekend.  September actually marked the seventh straight month of reduced shooting incidents   Murders are down 7% and shootings are down 16% for the year so far. 

Source

7 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Leave it to cunt bag Dems to not waste a tragedy that is only hours old....fuckers should be ashamed.

So there shouldn't be a waiting period to buy a gun but there should be a waiting period before referencing a tragedy to spur political action - noted.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

So there shouldn't be a waiting period to buy a gun but there should be a waiting period before referencing a tragedy to spur political action - noted.

Save the fucking politics at least until victims stop dying you miserable hack.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Save the fucking politics at least until victims stop dying you miserable hack.

Like the Smails/Clown Posse answer......there is nothing we can do :snack:

I put this post up to see if the 2 resident ass fucking holes would nibble and sure enough here we are. You 2 are the most pathetic liberal assholes to grace our country. And cunt Clinton is right there with you. Patheitic piece of shit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Like the Smails/Clown Posse answer......there is nothing we can do :snack:

53 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

How long did our current President wait after the Orlando shooting before tweeting?

Tweet

51 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

poor smails :lol:

Well once again show me where I said there is nothing we can do and if you want to start a thread about Trump taking advantage of a tragedy only hours after it happened then I will call him a cunt as well. These little gotcha games you jerkoffs are trying to play are pretty fucking lame and juvenile.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, COPO said:

I put this post up to see if the 2 resident ass fucking holes would nibble and sure enough here we are. You 2 are the most pathetic liberal assholes to grace our country. And cunt Clinton is right there with you. Patheitic piece of shit

You're one stupid worthless fuck Dopo and that's a fact.  Just completely fucking stupid and a worthless simpleton. 

12 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You're one stupid worthless fuck Dopo and that's a fact.  Just completely fucking stupid and a worthless simpleton. 

Wow that’s all you got? Yeah we all know how you and you’re ilk want this to be about the nra and trump. Both of you are the biggest piece of shit I ever conversed with. Now go fuck  yourself .. little worthless piece of shit

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You're one stupid worthless fuck Dopo and that's a fact.  Just completely fucking stupid and a worthless simpleton = I got nothing but the usual insults and name calling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, COPO said:

2 minutes ago, T1R9sledder said:

You're one stupid worthless fuck Dopo and that's a fact.  Just completely fucking stupid and a worthless simpleton = I got nothing but the usual insults and name calling.

:snack:  Selective Outrage Braindead Bob?