Check your account email address ×

cheep chain saws

Ez ryder

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I see the echo stuff is sporting a 5yr even on the under 250 buck stuff . echo better ?

Echo is a good saw. I've 5 saws, Jonsereds have been trouble free, one Jonsereds I bought in 1971 is still running great, broke a recoil spring years ago, that was the only problem I had.

5 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I'm in cny, so that would only require what?? Maybe 3 naps for you to get here?? Plus think of all the fun you could have at the truck stops on the way..

Hey, elaborate some more on your curved bar theory :stoned:

was watching some video on the ego you talked about . looks decent and something the wife could grab and use when alone at the cabin with out 10 calls to me on how to start lol . are the big box store ones the same as the rest ? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

was watching some video on the ego you talked about . looks decent and something the wife could grab and use when alone at the cabin with out 10 calls to me on how to start lol . are the big box store ones the same as the rest ? 

Yes, Home Depot carries it, but if you can, try and buy it from your local authorized dealer, the prices should be the same, and you will get better service from a knowledgeable employee rather than an idiot at the Depot. Here is a link to their dealer locator, just type in your zip code. Or I can ship you one UPS we can do a credit card over the phone..

https://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-locator

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

We bought  the string trimmer and the leaf blower, the wife loves the trimmer it's light quiet and surprisingly powerful, she likes it because she can just pick it up and use it changing the batteries is easy plan to sell off my gas powered shit next spring.

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yes, Home Depot carries it, but if you can, try and buy it from your local authorized dealer, the prices should be the same, and you will get better service from a knowledgeable employee rather than an idiot at the Depot. Here is a link to their dealer locator, just type in your zip code. Or I can ship you one UPS we can do a credit card over the phone..

https://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-locator

lol I see my ridding bud is a dealer . I had no idea and I am in his shop a few times a yr will stop in this morning

decent margins on the ego?  I want to go beat up the wifes uncle on price on one of the blowers and hedge trimmers.  Snowblower i bought i got a better price at another Toro dealer than he had but my choice is him or the depot or going gas from the stihl dealer.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

decent margins on the ego?  I want to go beat up the wifes uncle on price on one of the blowers and hedge trimmers.  Snowblower i bought i got a better price at another Toro dealer than he had but my choice is him or the depot or going gas from the stihl dealer.  

Dealer make about 20-25%, I work for the distributor and sell to dealers.. if you need a price on something, hit me up, as i said above, we ship UPS daily and can do a CC over the phone..The only thing that sucks is the freight aspect..

Just now, Ez ryder said:

lol I see my ridding bud is a dealer . I had no idea and I am in his shop a few times a yr will stop in this morning

There you go, keep the prices I quoted you between you and I please, Just make sure you get the 16" with the 5 amp hour battery.. That battery is worth the extra coin..:bc:

10 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so are the cheep stihl like the ms170 worth it or are they just junk with a name ?

I very rare use them

my last saw was a cheep poulan wild thing I had for over 15 yrs . only reason I am shopping is something fell on it and busted the handle.

I bought a 16" ms180 last fall. it does ok. prior to that I had another stihl. I'm not a serious wood cutter by any means, but I've never found a perfect chain saw. they're all a pita to start and keep running smoothly.

I have the Eco 320 . Bought it because of the 5 year deal. Only use it a few times a year. @Ez ryder it sounds like the perfect saw for you. I. Think I paid 260 for it a few years ago. The 5year is only for home owners. Don't buy it on a company CC, you will only get a 2 year then.

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

I bought a 16" ms180 last fall. it does ok. prior to that I had another stihl. I'm not a serious wood cutter by any means, but I've never found a perfect chain saw. they're all a pita to start and keep running smoothly.

That's because you're basically a gay person, dealing with manly equipments. 

My saws are 10 years old, one of them is 19 years old. and as I posted about a week ago, they all run perfectly. 

The difference is your saws are cheap POS, and you're a fruitcake.

I, on the other hand own close to FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of world-class, powerful, professional-grade, manly saws. Manly saws, for a manly man. 

16 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so are the cheep stihl like the ms170 worth it or are they just junk with a name ?

I very rare use them

my last saw was a cheep poulan wild thing I had for over 15 yrs . only reason I am shopping is something fell on it and busted the handle.

Somebody remind me to NEVAH, EVAH offer chainsaw advice to a group of homo sapiens. 

I should have known that just the fact that they are asking a semi-gay website what chainsaw to buy, proves that THEY'RE GAY!!!! P9120009.thumb.JPG.ce583235d036734243c1a348762e4ab7.JPG

13 minutes ago, polaris550 said:

That's because you're basically a gay person, dealing with manly equipments. 

My saws are 10 years old, one of them is 19 years old. and as I posted about a week ago, they all run perfectly. 

The difference is your saws are cheap POS, and you're a fruitcake.

I, on the other hand own close to FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS worth of world-class, powerful, professional-grade, manly saws. Manly saws, for a manly man. 

Bahahahaha,  you have husky's 2ND string saws,  one of my race saw costs double of all your power equipment put together without a chain or bar on it..:slacker:

• Haha 1