Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Just now, Dave said:

Seems to be a common theme this yr...guys are riding on snirt here.

While not uncommon to have shitty conditions this time of year, we usually have gotten more snow by now and lost it. I don't think we've had more than 16" fall here so far this year.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

While not uncommon to have shitty conditions this time of year, we usually have gotten more snow by now and lost it. I don't think we've had more than 16" fall here so far this year.

We're on our 3rd round of snow sofar this year. The 1st and 2nd were about 6" each followed by rain that basically got rid of it. The 3rd round was another 6" that has been pounded down to snirt in alot of spots. They're running the trail behind us non stop for almost 2 weeks now and this morning is no exception. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ckf said:

Everytime were suppose to get a huge dump its a dud....lol

• Like 1

Random thought for the day, stolen of the FB:

Ford: let's make our Mustang a four door and electric. And we should also make our trucks less truck like with an electric motor.
Chevy: we should make our C8 Corvette a electric hybrid. Also we should change the logo to move into the electric car age
Dodge: *bumps coke off a stripper's ass*. We could put a fucking Hellcat motor in a fucking minivan.
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Random thought for the day, stolen of the FB:

Ford: let's make our Mustang a four door and electric. And we should also make our trucks less truck like with an electric motor.
Chevy: we should make our C8 Corvette a electric hybrid. Also we should change the logo to move into the electric car age
Dodge: *bumps coke off a stripper's ass*. We could put a fucking Hellcat motor in a fucking minivan.

:lol:

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Awesome! These drones are very user friendly. My buddy has the Mini 2 and I can't get over how small it is.

I'm really gunshy when it comes to letting it out of my site because my last drone was so unreliable. I can see now these dji drones are way ahead of all the other consumer hobby grade drones.

2 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Flew the drone out to our fish house, about 1 mile away. Went perfect. I made a gif of a little piece of video.

2021_01_10_14_29_14_Cache_1.gif

Nice!!!   Tip number one.....turn on the grid in your camera settings. After that.....adjust the gimbal down to show about 1/3 sky and 2/3 ground.   That's part of the rule of thirds in photography  :bc:

Here's one that I lucked in to late this afternoon. 

Clarksville, NH

20210110-DJI_0264.jpg

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Nice!!!   Tip number one.....turn on the grid in your camera settings. After that.....adjust the gimbal down to show about 1/3 sky and 2/3 ground.   That's part of the rule of thirds in photography  :bc:

Here's one that I lucked in to late this afternoon. 

Clarksville, NH

20210110-DJI_0264.jpg

Thanks, I need a mentor. LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I cut a 2 minute clip of the flight out to my fish house. Not to bad. I need to get used to the flight controls. They are very touchy.

Check in the control tab in the app. I think you can fine tune the sticks and gimbal wheel.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Back in the south today after a short week of mostly gloomy, low snow days in N. MN.  Returning to 40 degrees and rainy here.

God hates me...BUT, biscuits and gravy for me this morning so he can suck it!

tenor (1).gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Not CKF quality but pretty good short clip from Saturdays flight. No filters added.

Dreary overcast can be really beautiful.

Cool video. . I'm glad that you like I and are having fun. Isn't it amazing at the tech a few hundred bucks gets you?

We've had similar conditions. Forecast is call for mostly cloudy all week :sad:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ckf said:

A good friend of mine just lost his mother to covid-19.   :sad:

Sorry to hear that. I have known several people who've had it and several others who have lost people from it but I. personally, don't know anyone who has died from it.

• Thanks 1

Redpolls finally showed up in our yard. They are only around during winters when the seed crops in the northern boreal forests are poor.  This is an Irruption Year for them here in the northeast. Do you guys see them at your feeders in the Midwest?  @SnowRider

20210112-IMG_2954.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Redpolls finally showed up in our yard. They are only around during winters when the seed crops in the northern boreal forests are poor.  This is an Irruption Year for them here in the northeast. Do you guys see them at your feeders in the Midwest?  @SnowRider

20210112-IMG_2954.jpg

Cool little bird.  I have not seen any at my feeders.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ckf said:

20210112-IMG_2954.jpg

We've seen a few at the feeder at the cabin.

• Like 1