***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

@ckf I just bought a Cannon EOS 850D from amazon. You know a good place online that has a video series or something that can help me learn the do's and dont's of picture taking?

No problem. Check out this playlist to get started. You will also need to get to know your camera. Knowing what button/dial does what is a huge help when needing to change settings quickly while out in the field. I run Cannon to so feel free to ask any questions. After Rob taught me, he also taught me the importance of passing it along to anyone that was serious about it :bc:

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, ckf said:

No problem. Check out this playlist to get started. You will also need to get to know your camera. Knowing what button/dial does what is a huge help when needing to change settings quickly while out in the field. I run Cannon to so feel free to ask any questions. After Rob taught me, he also taught me the importance of passing it along to anyone that was serious about it :bc:

Thanks, I'll give that a look later on tonight. I have a feeling this camera is much much more talented than I ever will be. 

36 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Thanks, I'll give that a look later on tonight. I have a feeling this camera is much much more talented than I ever will be. 

The camera is just a tool. Now you need to learn how to use it.  Between where you live in NY and summers on a boat, you should have plenty of chances to put it to use. :bc:

7 hours ago, ckf said:

The camera is just a tool. Now you need to learn how to use it.  Between where you live in NY and summers on a boat, you should have plenty of chances to put it to use. :bc:

I hear a boat can come in handy if you have a drone.

• Haha 1

Cleaned out the trailer and am selling some shit I won't be needing anymore.  

Good God, I'm not sure what other people do to be able to swing by at their leisure, but everyone seems to think I should be available during normal work hours to sell them shit.

Sorry, I'm not jumping out of meetings to sell you a $20 or $50 item...

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Cleaned out the trailer and am selling some shit I won't be needing anymore.  

Good God, I'm not sure what other people do to be able to swing by at their leisure, but everyone seems to think I should be available during normal work hours to sell them shit.

Sorry, I'm not jumping out of meetings to sell you a $20 or $50 item...

Few do anything personal on their own time anymore.  Everything seems to get done during business hours now.  It's just fucking weird.  

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Few do anything personal on their own time anymore.  Everything seems to get done during business hours now.  It's just fucking weird.  

Look at all the posting that takes place around here during business hours. :lol:

10 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

found some tires i wanted to buy,  guy said he couldn't meet till this weekend but sold them this afternoon SMH.  I can fortunately bounce out whenever so i rarely lose things i want.   

I can typically get out to pick up something if need be, but we are in the purge mode right now, so there isn't much shit I race out to get.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

When Im sceduling in the spring Im amazed that I get around 100 sceduled before someone says " no that day and time dosnt work. And then it,s usually because they are on vacation.