Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

19 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's  -11F here and showing a little milder overnight and warmer with fkn rain over the wknd. 

Just might be an ugly weekend in Southern Ontario? Getting to the point now where I'm beginning to think we are not going to have a winter? It reminds me of the year my son played rep hockey back in 15/16. We had nothing and I never got out riding once. 

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on11#81431488904808047202001090503ws1171cwto

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's  -11F here and showing a little milder overnight and warmer with fkn rain over the wknd. 

It was -12 here at 6am, going to be +5 by midnight with rain starting Friday morning. Close to 2 inches of rain over Friday/Saturday. Looks like North Bay and Sudbury will be the dividing line. Those areas are to get snow (20-30cms), everyone south of that will see rain.

Second week of January with green grass and no snow in the 2 week forecast.   :mc:

Oh well. I leave for St Lucia on Saturday. Maybe things will turn around after I get back.

54 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's above freezing and they have a weather warning with freezing rain starting later and thru the wknd. Looks like everything will be fkd again if that happens

Yeah, it's not looking good here either. Still calling for lots of rain and the potential for lots of freezing rain away/north of the lake, and if that happens, with the forecasted strong winds, it will be ugly.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on11#2030347492134297999202001090503ws1171cwto

• Platinum Contributing Member
53 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! It's above freezing and they have a weather warning with freezing rain starting later and thru the wknd. Looks like everything will be fkd again if that happens

Yep, its going to be messy.

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! I'm looking into a snorkel kit and pontoons for the sled lol. The rain is brutal here and doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon

Yeah its fucking ugly. Sounds like a river in my sump pit. Looks to get ugly for us in a few hours, I'm just heading to get gas for my gennies and help a buddy get his started. 

Edited by Reevester

1 minute ago, Reevester said:

Yeah its fucking ugly. Sounds like a river in my sump pit. Looks to get ugly for us in a few hours, I'm just heading to get gas for my gennies and help a buddy get his started. 

I haven't gone into the utility room to check on the pumps and they haven't run yet but imagine they will eventually. So much for all the snow we had around here.

54 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I haven't gone into the utility room to check on the pumps and they haven't run yet but imagine they will eventually. So much for all the snow we had around here.

Hopefully that's the last of the warm up for weeks. 

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Morning! I'm looking into a snorkel kit and pontoons for the sled lol. The rain is brutal here and doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon

It's almost +10 here and just started raining like a mo-fo. The latest weather update doesn't show us getting any freezing rain here but it's a different story just 20 minutes north of me in Port Perry and the surrounding area. 

9 minutes ago, irv said:

It's almost +10 here and just started raining like a mo-fo. The latest weather update doesn't show us getting any freezing rain here but it's a different story just 20 minutes north of me in Port Perry and the surrounding area. 

We we're supposed to go to Napanee this morning and decided to stay put as the return home might not be good

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

We we're supposed to go to Napanee this morning and decided to stay put as the return home might not be good

Don't blame you! Once you get east of Port Hope/Cobourg, it can be a whole new world down that way.