Check your account email address ×

Is Bernie Going To Bail Out Dump....

SnowRider

• Platinum Contributing Member

Notice all the R'a co-sponsoring the bill... :snack:   Let the Clown Posse :backpeddle: begin..

Bernie Sanders To Introduce Single-Payer Bill With Major Support In Senate

Bernie Sanders To Introduce Single-Payer Bill With Major Support In Senate

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will introduce on Wednesday a new version of his plan to give everybody government-run health insurance, potentially opening a new chapter in the ongoing debate over how to make health care in the U.S. more affordable and available.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) will introduce on Wednesday a new version of his plan to give everybody government-run health insurance, potentially opening a new chapter in the ongoing debate over how to make health care in the U.S. more affordable and available.

The plan calls for an overhaul of American health insurance with a souped-up, more generous version of Medicare replacing nearly all private health insurance ― and government exerting far more control over the cost of medical care. It would arguably be the most ambitious social welfare initiative in U.S. history, but Sanders told HuffPost in an interview Tuesday that he believes America is ready for it.

“The American people are catching on to where the Republicans are coming from, they see the limitations of the Affordable Care Act and they’re looking at the alternatives,” Sanders said. “And this is a rational alternative.” 

Sanders has been waging a frequently lonely crusade for this kind of universal health care since the early 1990s, when he first came to Congress. In 2013, when he introduced a previous iteration of the bill, he had no support from his colleagues. But in a clear sign of the idea’s increasing popularity, as well as Sanders’ influence within progressive politics, 15 Democratic senators are co-sponsoring the bill.

That’s fully one-third of the Senate Democratic caucus. Staffers told HuffPost they had expected less than half as many senators to sign on, and they attributed the broad appeal to a five-month drafting period in which they solicited input from the offices of 19 senators, including several who they knew never had any intention of getting behind the bill.  

That roster of co-sponsors includes a who’s-who list of potential Democraticpresidential candidates for 2020, including Cory Booker of New Jersey, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, Kamala Harris of California and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts. Also backing the bill are Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, Jeff Merkley of Oregon, Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Martin Heinrich and Tom Udall of New Mexico, Brian Schatz and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut, and Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-introduce-single-payer-120000343.html

And the right wing lies have already started:

Of course, Republican political strategists say they are equally eager to engage in a fight over single payer, because they are convinced that Americans will oppose it, particularly as they learn more about it. Where advocates like Sanders see a chance to achieve what countries including Canada, Sweden and Taiwan have (universal coverage, generally strong health outcomes and far less spending), critics in the GOP and elsewhere see the specter of taxes choking the economy and government rationing vital care.

Single payer is “guaranteed to raise taxes on the middle class, create massively long wait times and put the government in the middle of you and your doctor’s health care decisions,” said Michael Ahrens, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee.

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

And the right wing lies have already started:

Of course, Republican political strategists say they are equally eager to engage in a fight over single payer, because they are convinced that Americans will oppose it, particularly as they learn more about it. Where advocates like Sanders see a chance to achieve what countries including Canada, Sweden and Taiwan have (universal coverage, generally strong health outcomes and far less spending), critics in the GOP and elsewhere see the specter of taxes choking the economy and government rationing vital care.

Single payer is “guaranteed to raise taxes on the middle class, create massively long wait times and put the government in the middle of you and your doctor’s health care decisions,” said Michael Ahrens, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee.

Our single payer isn't paid for by Federal taxes, its all provincial (state) and accounts for half the budget.

That said, the US is long overdue.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I suppose Hillary will support this now that she knows its popular .....bitch was never out front of a single issue in her miserable existence 

:lol: Remember their Healthcare initiative in the 90's? :lmao: You should focus on the right wingers on here that will oppose it 👍

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our single payer isn't paid for by Federal taxes, its all provincial (state) and accounts for half the budget.

That said, the US is long overdue.

Regardless - you have better care on average for half the price. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

I remember when Hillary said this would never happen...

yah ....what was that......like 16 months ago :lol: fucking worthless bitch. Good thing the dems ran her instead of the Bern 

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

Where is the R support and Dump's leadership on the issue?  :snack:

The R's have never supported it and neither has Dump. Bernie did though but you guys had to run Hillary up the flag pole and hand deliver us Dump. That stupid cunt was just as opposed to single payer as Ted Cruz was......real progressive you supported there moron 

16 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The R's have never supported it and neither has Dump. Bernie did though but you guys had to run Hillary up the flag pole and hand deliver us Dump. That stupid cunt was just as opposed to single payer as Ted Cruz was......real progressive you supported there moron 

Trump has mentioned it before. He agreed it was a good idea. The pubes will fight it furiously. 

:lol:   Single payer.  I love the la la land you guys live in. 

1. What do you do with all the current HCI companies and their assets?

2.  If we can drop our HC costs per American down 40% it would still cost almost $2 billion per year.  How are you going to tax a family of 4 $24,000 a year and if you can't who picks up the rest?

You will see Dem's lose battleground states seats left and right if their candidate pushes this.   

I've never seen one reasonable plan that address all the issues surrounding NHC in America.   Not one.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

2.  If we can drop our HC costs per American down 40% it would still cost almost $2 billion per year.  How are you going to tax a family of 4 $24,000 a year and if you can't who picks up the rest?

You will see Dem's lose battleground states seats left and right if their candidate pushes this.   

Maybe I'm missing something here but $2 billion divided by 325 million people is about $6 per person.  What am I missing here?  

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly.  The only people opposed to single payer are the ones beholden to the insurance companies.  

Bullshit.   I'm not beholden to them in any way shape or form.   I'm just realistic about the numbers.   Medicare ALREADY has trillions in unfunded liabilities coming and we think we can use that type of program for everyone?   :lol:  

I know on the surface it looks like such a fabulous idea but come on guys use just a bit of common sense here.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Maybe I'm missing something here but $2 billion divided by 325 million people is about $6 per person.  What am I missing here?  

My bad I meant $2 trillion.  

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

2.  If we can drop our HC costs per American down 40% it would still cost almost $2 billion per year. How are you go ing to tax a family of 4 $24,000 a year and if you can't who picks up the rest?

I've never seen one reasonable plan that address all the issues surrounding NHC in America.   Not one.  

Higher income earners, and the fact of the matter is we have been subsidizing the under and uninsured for many years through higher premiums because we know the hospitals and insurance companies are not eating the losses caused by those who enter the hospital seeking care without the ability or the inclination to pay there bill.

• Like 1