Check your account email address ×

Is Bernie Going To Bail Out Dump....

SnowRider

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Seems like you are defending a broken system to protect the perpetrators of the broken system.

Im not saying that by just making the govt in charge of health care fixes everything. There are multiple things that need to happen. Personally I think things could get fixed (Completely fixed) if health insurance was done away with all together. If everyone had to pay for their own health care out of pocket between you and your doctors. You would see alot of cures for shit that havent been available before because there is no money in curing anything. 

I'm defending a private system or whats left of it, don't confuse the two.   No different than I would defend the industry your in staying private even though I don't like you. :lol:  :taunt:

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm defending a private system or whats left of it, don't confuse the two.   No different than I would defend the industry your in staying private even though I don't like you. :lol:  :taunt:

Its not private when you HAVE to buy it or your employer is REQUIRED to provide it. Its not like we can decide NOT to own health insurance. Our whole medical system is designed around INSURANCE and not around HEALTH. It should fall just like every other made up rule. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Its not private when you HAVE to buy it or your employer is REQUIRED to provide it. Its not like we can decide NOT to own health insurance. Our whole medical system is designed around INSURANCE and not around HEALTH. It should fall just like every other made up rule. 

And who mad it mandatory to buy it? 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Or your forced to by X policy.   Some good points here.   I really don't care if they go Medicare for all (who wants it) just don't force everyone to pay for it if they want to opt out.   Same thing should have been done from the beginning with SS for everyone just like some pension plans have negotiated out of it.  

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Or your forced to by X policy.   Some good points here.   I really don't care if they go Medicare for all (who wants it) just don't force everyone to pay for it if they want to opt out.   Same thing should have been done from the beginning with SS for everyone just like some pension plans have negotiated out of it.  

Well alot of those pension plans are going tits up. Not a great decision for the workers. 

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well alot of those pension plans are going tits up. Not a great decision for the workers. 

Most of them are state or teachers pensions I believe.  Too many promises.  

Bernie is claiming his latest program will cost $1.4 trillion per year.   That divided by the 320 million American's comes out to around $4375 per person.   Not sure how we are going to cut costs that great without massive hits on quality or availability.   I'm surprised that of the $3.2 trillion we already spend on HC that only around 5% is on nursing home care.  

Data are for the U.S.

• Per capita national health expenditures: $9,990 (2015)
  • Total national health expenditures: $3.2 trillion (2015)
  • Total national health expenditures as a percent of Gross Domestic Product: 17.8% (2015)

Source: Health, United States, 2016, table 93[PDF – 9.8 MB]

• Percent of national health expenditures for hospital care: 32.3% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for nursing care facilities and continuing care retirement communities: 4.9% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for physician and clinical services: 19.8% (2015)
  • Percent of national health expenditures for prescription drugs: 10.1% (2015)

Source: Health, United States, 2016, table 94[PDF – 9.8 MB]

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/health-expenditures.htm

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bernie is claiming his latest program will cost $1.4 trillion per year.   That divided by the 320 million American's comes out to around $4375 per person.   Not sure how we are going to cut costs that great without massive hits on quality or availability.   I'm surprised that of the $3.2 trillion we already spend on HC that only around 5% is on nursing home care.  

Other countries do it and it works ...what we have is broken. The end 

Bernie is claiming his latest program will cost $1.4 trillion per year.   That divided by the 320 million American's comes out to around $4375 per person.   Not sure how we are going to cut costs that great without massive hits on quality or availability.   

Cut the military in half and combine it with medicare and medicaid. 

Just now, Anler said:

Cut the military in half and combine it with medicare and medicaid. 

Cut the military in half, bring all the troops home and balance the budget.  

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Other countries do it and it works ...what we have is broken. The end 

We are not other countries and from where we are starting is completely different.

Screenshot_20170912-162012.jpg

Just now, SnowRider said:

What is your boy Dumps position on military spending...:snack:

Dude you do realize you don't have to agree with your preferred candidate on everything.   I know that is a concept above your head but ask your wife or someone else to explain it to you.  

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

you know THAT isn't going to be a real number.

it'll be more like $1.4 trillion / 175 million.

that's $8000 / person....not family.

Edited by oleroule

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Apparently you've never heard of 'economies of scale'.

Some business maven you are. Fucking joke.

Why are you even replying.   You don't believe in NHC.   A true communist society you don't pay for anything and the govt controls nothing because there is no govt.   

Moto: Hey doc you want to pull out this gerbal, I got some pot to trade ya. :lol:  :taunt:

The Paul's do.  :bc:

2/3rds of "republicans" think those two are kooks. neocons only want to hear about more military, less taxes and deport mexicans... And Jesus. even tho jesus in the antithesis of the prior mentioned. :lol: