Check your account email address ×

How to Remove an Engine the Easy Way

XCR1250

37 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow.  The cylinder head was completely gone and all the liners were pushed right out of the block.  I hope no one was hurt by that cyl head that probably went 500' in the air.  

No the cylinder head was still on. What happens when those straight engines let go like that is they break the block right above the crank shaft which gives you 75% of the engine going out the hood. You can see the bottom of the bores at the end of the video.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

No the cylinder head was still on. What happens when those straight engines let go like that is they break the block right above the crank shaft which gives you 75% of the engine going out the hood. You can see the bottom of the bores at the end of the video.

Yea I thought that may be the case.  I looked at it again and stop framed it.  You are exactly right.  The crank, rods and pistons are still sitting in the chassis hooked to the transmission.  

That was some violent shit right there.  

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea I thought that may be the case.  I looked at it again and stop framed it.  You are exactly right.  The crank, rods and pistons are still sitting in the chassis hooked to the transmission.  

Yah think????? :guzzle:

7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I thought you were on vacation from this place for a while.  It sure was nice not having you around............  :bigfinger: 

Vacation? Must have went to Thailand to taste the local cuisine 

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

The irony is once these guys get up near 100 psi of boost they stumble into jet engine math. What they end up with is a weak jet engine for the amount of fuel and a fragile power turbine (ie the Pistons and block).  They could just get an old turbine Allison off of a C130 and it would make that kind of power stock.

52 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

$75,000+.  A guy I know did something similar to his pulling tractor and said it was going to be a minimum of $80k to get another engine, not including all the other shit he wrecked.  

Thats a lot of coin just to turn hydrocarbons into noise.