Check your account email address ×

Is it too early to start talking about sleds?

6 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hahaha.

If I were getting a new sled this year it would be an 850 Summit X 165x3".  The Doo just has too many cool features that put it ahead of all the others.  I spent some time on a 17 this past winter.  Pretty incredible sled for sure.  

well at least it would have like 7 updates from last yr the Summits were chewing up belts faster than a 12 cat turbo . that summit is dainty just pulling on the bars the fucking post and plastic around it moves ALOT . just standing on the boards they sag and i am under 2 bills . ultra light is not the only thing that matters 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

not much they are pretty spot on from the get go. Poo has had a top notch clutching guy ever since they nabbed Rory from Black magic 

Oh my goodness.  You couldn't be more wrong.  Poo has been slapping the exact same clutching on their 800 motored sleds from 2008 to today.  It doesn't matter whether you buy a 2008 800 dragon or a 2016 Pro RMK 163 you get the exact same clutching on both sleds.  The differences in those two sleds is undeniable.  

Why do you post shit like this?  

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Tell us more.  What did you replace them with?  What year and model sleds are we talking about 

pretty much every pro RMK I ride with has popped at least 1 glue joint per trip . if in a pinch back to a stock other wise most of my buds eventual went with alternative impact.

the new axis arms are real nice .only 1 guy    I ride with keeps a rmk more than 2 seasons most know better .the lone wolf is on motor 3 on the 12  

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Oh my goodness.  You couldn't be more wrong.  Poo has been slapping the exact same clutching on their 800 motored sleds from 2008 to today.  It doesn't matter whether you buy a 2008 800 dragon or a 2016 Pro RMK 163 you get the exact same clutching on both sleds.  The differences in those two sleds is undeniable.  

Why do you post shit like this?  

same clutch and secondary yes .are you telling me they have the same springs weights and helix  

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

pretty much every pro RMK I ride with has popped at least 1 glue joint per trip . if in a pinch back to a stock other wise most of my buds eventual went with alternative impact.

the new axis arms are real nice .only 1 guy    I ride with keeps a rmk more than 2 seasons most know better .the lone wolf is on motor 3 on the 12  

Dude.  I don't know one Axys RMK that hasn't broken a lower a-arm.  After 13 the glued aarms were solid as far as the glue joint goes.  

Just now, Ez ryder said:

same clutch and secondary yes .are you telling me they have the same springs weights and helix  

Yes, same springs, weights and helix.  The 600 and 800 share the same helix regardless of year.  The 600 and 800 share the same primary and secondary spring too.  

bs the glue joint fail on all the pro. I have seen it many times . the prob was IMHO was they did not sand the end of the arm before inserted in to joint . paint was the week point . did not take  to big of a hit even with a rivet of screw . I have only seen 2 axis bust a lower  both hits would have bent a cat arm also. the rear rail bracket is unbelievably thin on that axis a down hill roll from stuck in pow in to a tree trunk snapped that bracket    

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Rory Haugen?

yes he went to poo after the first time BM closed its doors . been a few yrs from the last time I saw him but he was   doing clutching 

Edited by Ez ryder

Just now, Ez ryder said:

bs the glue joint fail on all the pro. I have seen it many times . the prob was IMHO was they did not sand the end of the arm before inserted in to joint . paint was the week point . did not take  to big of a hit even with a rivet of screw . I have only seen 2 axis bust a lower  both hits would have bent a cat arm also. the rear rail bracket is unbelievably thin on that axis a down hill roll from stuck in pow in to a tree trunk snapped that bracket    

Never seen one fail bs ! Funny cat has been worst sled of last 10 years fact ! :bigfinger::bigfinger: 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I know the first Rush sleds weren't holding up the best to a good pounding, but haven't heard much about the trail sleds breaking since then.  

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

yes he went to poo after the first time BM closed its doors 

I thought he was at Cat for some reason.  

1 minute ago, 800 Dragon said:

Never seen one fail bs ! Funny cat has been worst sled of last 10 years fact ! :bigfinger::bigfinger: 

so you must never level the trail with your 6th grade girls . your name is dragon and you have the balls to call anything a pile of shit . you name is imply s junk  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I know the first Rush sleds weren't holding up the best to a good pounding, but haven't heard much about the trail sleds breaking since then.  

he was he did all there clutching and also worked at BM doing there clutching . when BM closed up Poo offered him a big incentive to move.

I use to deal with him a lot when we were getting or sleds off cats race program through BM 

also dont think the trail sleds had glued arms even the switchback had the no glue joint arms . just the pro from what I know 

Edited by Ez ryder

he was he did all there clutching and also worked at BM doing there clutching . when BM closed up Poo offered him a big incentive to move.

I use to deal with him a lot when we were getting or sleds off cats race program through BM 

For some reason I thought he ended up at Cat.  I have a bunch of old BM stuff from back in the day.  Gotta love the black and purple!

Just now, Ez ryder said:

so you must never level the trail with your 6th grade girls . your name is dragon and you have the balls to call anything a pile of shit . you name is imply s junk  

Bs u know nothing of sleds cat is slipping into 4th sales and rounding for 2nd bankrupt  !! :baby::baby:

1 minute ago, 800 Dragon said:

Bs u know nothing of sleds cat is slipping into 4th sales and rounding for 2nd bankrupt  !! :baby::baby:

They got bought out recently by a big company. They're not going bankrupt. 

:ashamed:

2 minutes ago, 800 Dragon said:

have fun on that dragon when you have a baseball size hole in your crankcase. dont worry cat makes a strong bumper to pull that pile home  

have fun on that dragon when you have a baseball size hole in your crankcase. dont worry cat makes a strong bumper to pull that pile home  

What part of Minnesota is the best area to experience the performance of an Axys RMK or 850 Summit X? :dunno:  

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

:lol:Wtf are you talking aboot.  I have 3 buds ,not including myself who have yet to bend or tweak something on our 10,11, and 2 13 rush sleds 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

What part of Minnesota is the best area to experience the performance of an Axys RMK or 850 Summit X? :dunno:  

MN prob a mile off the big lake that I why we put about 8k   on the truck a winter heading west . I have lodging booked for 18 days already for this winter . 2   9 s and will prob keep truck and trailer in Kremling  and fly out 2 more times  

2 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

:lol:Wtf are you talking aboot.  I have 3 buds ,not including myself who have yet to bend or tweak something on our 10,11, and 2 13 rush sleds 

Some of the 2010's that were XC raced didn't fare so well.  I don't think they had any chassis issues with the newer ones.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Some of the 2010's that were XC raced didn't fare so well.  I don't think they had any chassis issues with the newer ones.

Oh ok.... xc raced is different from what we do lol.  I thought you were talking about regular riding 

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

MN prob a mile off the big lake that I why we put about 8k   on the truck a winter heading west . I have lodging booked for 18 days already for this winter . 2   9 s and will prob keep truck and trailer in Kremling  and fly out 2 more times  

So let me try to interpret your post.  

Nowhere.  

Am I close?