Check your account email address ×

*** Official Mayweather/McGregor Fight Thread ***

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Mayweather said the fight was not going to go the distance, and he delivered on that promise. Things went just the way that most pundits said they would. McGregor would have no way of connecting cleanly with Mayweather. He landed a few touch punches but nothing solid the entire fight. And given that U.F.C. fights are much shorter than boxing matches, McGregor’s stamina was in question. And he certainly seemed to tire in the late rounds as Mayweather made easy work of him.

:lol: 

I mean if you know anything about boxing you knew the pundits were right all along. 

17 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

the call for fight was weak

I did have Mayweather ahead by 1 round but come on let them fight

The fight was over midway through the 9th, there was no point letting him take more damage.

14 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

The fight was over midway through the 9th, there was no point letting him take more damage.

Yes there was, bring on the beating if so

UFC that fight isn't even close to being stopped

biggest Boxing fight in a decade ended with a weak calll

even the second figth for the belt - weak call on that fight

24 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes there was, bring on the beating if so

UFC that fight isn't even close to being stopped

biggest Boxing fight in a decade ended with a weak calll

even the second figth for the belt - weak call on that fight

If you think that's a weak call you clearly haven't been watching much boxing in the last 5 years. There was no way out of that for McGregor. His hands were down and inactive, his feet were still, the fight was over.

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

.. And it's over. Hard concussive, accurate punches rain in from Mayweather who is hurting McGregor who stumbles across the ring and into the ropes from a right hand, off balance, and is close to going down. The attack continues. Left. Right. Left. McGregor's head is torqued across his shoulders. This is nasty dominance now and Mayweather looks the great boxer and McGregor the MMA fighter. Brilliant, valiant effort by McGregor. After two lefts on the ropes, referee Robert Byrd has seen enough, protects McG and waves it off.

:lol: 

He was a punching bag at the end. Lucky for Connor mayweather doesn't have that big power!

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

He was a punching bag at the end. Lucky for Connor mayweather doesn't have that big power!

Did you see Conor at the end? That's gonna' be you outside your garage, when I come up there. :slapping:

So Conor was respectable in the boxing ring against one of the greatest boxers of all time. 

Didn't watch it but sounded like I should of. :bc: 

Dave owes Bhen money now which will be used for Coors Light and flying lessons? Simultaneously?  :lol: 

3 hours ago, bussman said:

So Conor was respectable in the boxing ring against one of the greatest boxers of all time. 

Didn't watch it but sounded like I should of. :bc: 

Dave owes Bhen money now which will be used for Coors Light and flying lessons? Simultaneously?  :lol: 

x2.  He went 10 rounds, and the article I read said McGregor dominated the first 3-4 rounds.  Mayweathers fights lasted an average of 31 minutes, McGregors lasted like 10, so I think that is what made the difference. :bc:  I give them both a bunch of respect.