Check your account email address ×

First wedding

37 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

My parents paid for their own wedding, my wife and I paid for ours, I'm expecting the same from my kids.

I'll pay for the bar and help out on stuff but if they want to spend a house downpayment on one day, that's their lesson to learn.

Weddings have become a huge scam. Tell them you are having a big party and the rentals are one price, tell them it's a wedding and it triples.

That's awesome.

I'll make my wife and kid happy as fuck and have a great time.

I have no issue in this regard to following tradition.

EDIT: Does the pic in the OP look like a 'rental hall'?

Edited by Snake
  • Like 2

Traditions are made up by those that have the most to gain financially, and are followed by the weak. 

Amazing how so many people are brain washed thru advertising. The diamond people come to mind.

Like I mentioned earlier, IF people can afford to blow money away without causing financial hardships in other areas, great, but unfortunately in a lot of cases, that ain,t the case. This stuff is done mainly to " keep up with the Jones, or whomever ".

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Snake said:

That's awesome.

That's because you're a bootlicker :bc: 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Traditions are made up by those that have the most to gain financially, and are followed by the weak. 

Amazing how so many people are brain washed thru advertising. The diamond people come to mind.

Like I mentioned earlier, IF people can afford to blow money away without causing financial hardships in other areas, great, but unfortunately in a lot of cases, that ain,t the case. This stuff is done mainly to " keep up with the Jones, or whomever ".

No Jones in my neighborhood. :bc:

Opinions vary and there are some good facts in this statement.  My wife and I went to the JOP and headed out on a drunken weekend.  We let our parents know when we got back and sobered up.  My parents laughed and sent cash.  Her parents found it less than funny.  Which made it really funny to me. :lmao:

We should all spend it where and how it makes us happy.  Makes no difference to me, to each their own.  My daughter will get a choice of cash for her and her other to get a nice jump on their lives or she can have a wedding.  Thinking about giving her a cash option for college also.  A four year liberal indoctrination is looking more and more like the fastest way to be unsuccessful.  We'll see.

I don't know of one couple who had a big wedding that actually paid for it themselves.  I'm sure if that was the case, it would not happen.

my daughter's wedding was an outdoor affair last june. she wanted the whole "rustic charm" thing. i was a little sceptical at first, but it was one of the more simple and fun weddings that i'd attended. reception was your basic pig roast in the country and all the trimmings. didn't break the bank either. super casual. 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

That's awesome.

If that is what makes you happy then by all means pay for it. 

Edited by revkevsdi

14 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I don't know of one couple who had a big wedding that actually paid for it themselves.  I'm sure if that was the case, it would not happen.

the girl i've been seeing coordinates receptions at a swank country club in michigan. prices start at $175,000 and run to $250,000. crazy shit. 

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

the girl i've been seeing coordinates receptions at a swank country club in michigan. prices start at $175,000 and run to $250,000. crazy shit. 

One of my sons friends parents are wedding planners.  The dad is the actual planner and the mom does the catering.  They live in a $3 million home.

They were both teachers and they said fuck it.

For the bride to be who just wants that dream wedding.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Nice edit you douche bag

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

x3.  And yep.

Just more smart-ass liberal repugnancy from his stupid ass.  Status quo.

Says a lot about a person when someone starts a thread like this, and they so overwhelmed with cuntness that they cant just scroll by.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What would you consider a big wedding? Wife and I paid for ours. About 250 people, real nice place.

Nothing like my cousins weddings though. 100k dress, over 500 people. Hey, if you can afford it...

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Zozoesque?  

RevFag took a dirt bag shot at the color and looks of the Hall his daughter (presumably) picked out for her wedding. Dick move and he must have realized it when he edited it out.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

What would you consider a big wedding? Wife and I paid for ours. About 250 people, real nice place.

Nothing like my cousins weddings though. 100k dress, over 500 people. Hey, if you can afford it...

We had about 300, a fair size 100 from my side and 200 from hers. Would never do that again.   I would call a large wedding when they go over 400 people and you don't even know half the people.

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

RevFag took a dirt bag shot at the color and looks of the Hall his daughter (presumably) picked out for her wedding. Dick move and he must have realized it when he edited it out.

It doesn't help him as we all know what he is like.:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I forgot that this was your safe place. I remembered in enough time to delete it. The tears would have caused a flood that even you couldn't raft safely. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I forgot that this was your safe place. I remembered in enough time to delete it. The tears would have caused a flood that even you couldn't raft safely. 

Why would I get all teary eyed over you being a complete douche bag ripping on another forum members daughters choice of where to have her wedding/reception? 

I bet you felt all empowered you first typed it then got scared...like the class 4 rapids...and then went back to edit it out :lmao: 

5 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Why would I get all teary eyed over you being a complete douche bag ripping on another forum members daughters choice of where to have her wedding/reception? 

I bet you felt all empowered you first typed it then got scared...like the class 4 rapids...and then went back to edit it out :lmao: 

Empowered by typing on a forum. Lol. This means a lot to you doesn't it?

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Empowered by typing on a forum. Lol. This means a lot to you doesn't it?

It's obvious you are a thin skinned weakling so of course they way your original post was typed out came across as you taking a shot at him and/or his daughter and their/her choice of venues. Why? Because you're a complete DB.

From what I have been told little girls start thinking about what their wedding will be like before  they are 10 years old. It's a big deal for women. If she wants the fancy wedding with all the trimmings and you can afford it, go for it. It's a day you both will remember for a lifetime. 25 years ago, including the honeymoon we paid just under $40K for our wedding. My wife wanted the traditional old church, ice sculptures, a reception at the golf & country club with floor to ceiling glass overlooking the pond and a lot more. She got everything she wanted. I got a very happy wife and a very memorable day. A couple of times a year she will dig out the wedding album and look at the pictures with a big smile on her face. Looking back, worth every penny to give her the wedding she wanted.  

One of the best bits of advice I got for the groom was... agree to whatever she wants, show up and say I do. It will be a fabulous day for her and a great night for you.