Check your account email address ×

US National Debt Surges $273,859,000,000 in Two Months

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you're good with sending money to Ukraine and paying off student loans for everyone?  :news:

No, I'm not but hopefully you get the point. BTW, PPP was far worse than student loans and that passed along congressional lines and 200 billion alone was fraud. Now we have to pay big money to all the 3 letter agencies to investigate the fraud. :news:

• Platinum Contributing Member
41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so you're good with sending money to Ukraine and paying off student loans for everyone?  :news:

Aren't you good with sending money to Ukraine?  

How about more taxpayer money to constantly come up with bullshit against Trump?  I mean, it's all in the name of cutting down on gov't spending, right? :news:

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

can you show me Trump or the current crop of Republicans plan(s)?   we sure as fuck realize there's no plan from the Democrats.  

Wanting and the ability to get cuts is a different reality.   I will say this again....IMHO Trumps most significant failure in the WH was not shutting down the govt to get better budget and border deals. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-budget/trumps-2021-budget-would-cut-16-trillion-from-low-income-programs

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/commentary/trump-budget-cuts-size-federal-government-bolder-reforms-needed

24 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

No, I'm not but hopefully you get the point. BTW, PPP was far worse than student loans and that passed along congressional lines and 200 billion alone was fraud. Now we have to pay big money to all the 3 letter agencies to investigate the fraud. :news:

and how any of those who were part of it would get re-elected is beyond me.  same with the Wall St bailout.  reward the sinners.

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Aren't you good with sending money to Ukraine?  

if I have to choose between American soldiers or weapons we make being sent there... it's fairly simple.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Wanting and the ability to get cuts is a different reality.   I will say this again....IMHO Trumps most significant failure in the WH was not shutting down the govt to get better budget and border deals. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-budget/trumps-2021-budget-would-cut-16-trillion-from-low-income-programs

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and-spending/commentary/trump-budget-cuts-size-federal-government-bolder-reforms-needed

why'd he cave? 

who's going to clean up the boomers mess? 

Also, what's he proposing for 'next year' aside from retribution and authoritarianism? 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and how any of those who were part of it would get re-elected is beyond me.  same with the Wall St bailout.  reward the sinners.

if I have to choose between American soldiers or weapons we make being sent there... it's fairly simple.  

At least the banks paid back the TARP loans, PPP was a straight up giveaway to the already wealthy. 

16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:lol:   That's a cop out answer.   We wouldn't have to send either.   Let Europe handle their own mess. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why'd he cave? 

who's going to clean up the boomers mess? 

Also, what's he proposing for 'next year' aside from retribution and authoritarianism? 

I think a second term a President is far more likely to stand their ground than when trying to win re-election.  

25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

At least the banks paid back the TARP loans, PPP was a straight up giveaway to the already wealthy. 

that's sorta true... they got bigger, leaner and meaner.  buying out the competition is easy when the taxpayers made them whole. 

PPP... that was on Donny's watch.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   That's a cop out answer.   We wouldn't have to send either.   Let Europe handle their own mess. 

I didn't realize you were a Putin boot licker? 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I think a second term a President is far more likely to stand their ground than when trying to win re-election.  

I think he's actually going to lose... again.  Then, there goes the economic and border matters for another four years.  Especially if the Dem's take the House and Senate. 

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

three decades of boomers in leadership without a pay as you spend policy will do that 

but, tax breaks.... 9_9

oh look, two boomers are the leading contenders for POTUS 

:suicide:

Looking backwards will not get you anywhere.

The problem is here, now and needs to be dealt with. 

Who is going to serve up the sour medicine we need?

I have hope that Poilievre understands the gravity of our situation and once elected, act to mitigate.

I've less hope you have such a champion in the pipe.

Edited by Voodoo

7 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Looking backwards will not get you anywhere.

The problem is here, now and needs to be dealt with. 

Who is going to serve up the sour medicine we need?

I have hope that Poilievre understands the gravity of our situation and once elected, act to mitigate.

I've less hope you have such a champion in the pipe.

no one from either party is going to do a thing in regards to the mess they both created... that would be political suicide.   ;)

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's sorta true... they got bigger, leaner and meaner.  buying out the competition is easy when the taxpayers made them whole. 

PPP... that was on Donny's watch.  

I didn't realize you were a Putin boot licker? 

I think he's actually going to lose... again.  Then, there goes the economic and border matters for another four years.  Especially if the Dem's take the House and Senate. 

In 21 Trump proposed a $4.4 trillion budget.   For 25 Biden has proposed $7.3 trillion.   :lol:

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/11/biden-budget-2025-priorities-plans-credits

No Putin boot licker I just think he's proven Russia wasn't the threat our IC made them out to be.  I know big shock right.  I also firmly agreed with Trump saying most of NATO has sat on the sidelines and not held up to the agreements military spending all while enrichening Russia themselves buying their energy.  Fucking stupid our money or boys fighting for the rest of NATO considering what has occurred.     

If you didn't agree with us going into Iraq it didn't mean you were a Saddam boot licker.    FFS what is it with you war mongers.   

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Trump did it, Joe is doing it, and the next one will continue it.  It’s nothing new.

Neal

Yes the cesspool of our government well continue with their fucked up habits.

goverment toilet.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

no one from either party is going to do a thing in regards to the mess they both created... that would be political suicide.   ;)

So you simply admit you’re fucked. Give up, let the global finance system fuck you over.

Ive been balls deep in debt. I came up with a plan and’ paid it off. I’m one dude, the American government should have people that can figure out the same.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

So you simply admit you’re fucked. Give up, let the global finance system fuck you over.

Ive been balls deep in debt. I came up with a plan and’ paid it off. I’m one dude, the American government should have people that can figure out the same.

I have no personal debt.

Maybe that's why the topic grinds my gears?  :dunno:

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in the big picture, that's unfortunately spit in a 55 gallon drum..

didn't learn anything from the short article eh?

Gotta start somewhere why deny it

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

That's what most cowards do, they Just except it 

7 hours ago, snoughnut said:

That's where you're wrong, most people could give 2 shits about our debt because they know it's out of there hands.

The people you hang out with that define "most people" to you are very different than the ones I hang out with.  Sad.

7 hours ago, snoughnut said:

In most elections Americans care mostly about 1 thing and that's how well their household is doing financially 

In that case, almost everyone I know and hang out with should vote for Biden.  It's been a ridiculous year.  That being said, the great majority aren't going to.

I have no personal debt.

Maybe that's why the topic grinds my gears?  :dunno:

Same.  Don't understand why people work so hard to pay interest.

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Don't understand why people work so hard to pay interest.

imo, a lot of it is because people just 'want' shit and are willing to go into debt to get it.

it's harder to spend money you have earned and saved, imo. 

spot on... :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

imo, a lot of it is because people just 'want' shit and are willing to go into debt to get it.

it's harder to spend money you have earned and saved, imo. 

spot on... :thumbsup:

Yes, we wanted a house so we are in debt. That's our only debt though.