Check your account email address ×

April 8th eclipse

Are any of you guys planning on trying to catch the eclipse on Monday?

As long as the sky is clear it will be passing directly over us here in northern Vermont.

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member

I plan on doing some looting while everyones staring at the skies. There will be great deals on Craigslist soon!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My buddy in maine invited us up for an eclipse party, if I wasn't so busy at work I probably would go.

I didn't realize that it was going to be as popular as it appears to be. From what I understand a lot of the available rooms and vacation rentals in the area are booked due to the event.

Potential shit show here in the NEK. Rooms are booked solid. One of my wifes friends has 36 family members coming from all over to see it. Farmers are renting sites for campers for 500/day. Don't know if merchants are ready with staples for the 50k+ coming to the area. Buy what you need today or tom! 

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Potential shit show here in the NEK. Rooms are booked solid. One of my wifes friends has 36 family members coming from all over to see it. Farmers are renting sites for campers for 500/day. Don't know if merchants are ready with staples for the 50k+ coming to the area. Buy what you need today or tom! 

They are giving away 1000 pairs of eclipse glasses to the first 1000  people at the park in Island Pond. This might just eclipse the turnout for the Friday Night Lives in the past. :lol:

I know not funny 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ckf said:

They are giving away 1000 pairs of eclipse glasses to the first 1000  people at the park in Island Pond. This might just eclipse the turnout for the Friday Night Lives in the past. :lol:

I know not funny 🤣

You had to be there!

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

As long as the sky is clear it will be passing directly over us here in northern Vermont.

Can you fly one of your drones up so we can get a closer view? 100,000ft would be ideal.

• Haha 1

Our local airport expects near 100 planes coming in over the weekend. I would be surprised if they see 100 incomings in 3 months! We're in the 100% swath.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ckf said:

It's passing right over our area, local governments have already declared state of emergency due to traffic, businesses are shutting down planning on Armageddon, thinking of dressing up as a homeless person and stand on our local bridge with a sign reading "the end is near"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

It's passing right over our area, local governments have already declared state of emergency due to traffic, businesses are shutting down planning on Armageddon, thinking of dressing up as a homeless person and stand on our local bridge with a sign reading "the end is near"

We are pretty much in the bullseye area too.

Maybe you could just pay Freddy to hold the sign for you. :dunno:

Keep America working :usflag:

:lol:

Just now, ckf said:

We are pretty much in the bullseye area too.

Maybe you could just pay Freddy to hold the sign for you. :dunno:

Keep America working :usflag:

:lol:

Freddy is in rehab

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Freddy is in rehab

I wasn't aware that he was back on the bottle. Or was it cough medicine again?  :dunno:

Just now, ckf said:

I wasn't aware that he was back on the bottle. Or was it cough medicine again?  :dunno:

Minnie got him hooked on meth, she's been miserable after she got conned into paying someone's unpaid toll

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

I didn't realize that it was going to be as popular as it appears to be. From what I understand a lot of the available rooms and vacation rentals in the area are booked due to the event.

Travel agency looses $30,000 after hotel(s) cancel rooms booked 2 years ago in Buffalo New for the eclipse. Watch if you want 

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

We are close to 90% coverage but no plans other than to watch it with my wife.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, ckf said:

I dont think I'll get the full eclipse here in Philly, probably 3/4 of it. But back home in the fingerlakes we will get the full effect.  :bc:

• Like 1