Check your account email address ×

Are The 2015 CTEC 600’s Any Good

10 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not really. 1100 plus miles on a gallon of Ctec 2 oil. $50.00, what I paid for, 6-7 gallon reserve. No filter, no mess and no dealer upcharge. 14 mpg. Most years, 1100 miles or more. No more chaincase oil changes as well. Just sayin.

Doo's 600R motor pulls down way better mpg's then any CTEC 600 will out trail riding.

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Doo's 600R motor pulls down way better mpg's then any CTEC 600 will out trail riding.

It's a doo. POS!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

It's a doo. POS!

IDK, it has been easy on gas and oil, reliable, the chaincase oil is actually easy to change, comfortable, came with an Ice Ripper from the factory, etc.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

IDK, it has been easy on gas and oil, reliable, the chaincase oil is actually easy to change, comfortable, came with an Ice Ripper from the factory, etc.

Just won $1,100 on the snow-drifters raffle. No interest in studs, but gas will be cheap next winter. Chain case oil changes are neither cheap or easy. Just messy and a pain.

7 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Just won $1,100 on the snow-drifters raffle. No interest in studs, but gas will be cheap next winter. Chain case oil changes are neither cheap or easy. Just messy and a pain.

It costs me like a whole dollar to change chaincase oil in the Enticer and takes like 15 minutes at most.

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

It costs me like a whole dollar to change chaincase oil in the Enticer and takes like 15 minutes at most.

$25.00 for cat oil ( with tax). Real sled, not a toy. 24 hours if I dont pull the cover, care to not over torquing the bolts. Fuck that bullshit. My 22 will be gone after next winter. Repurposed by another Catalyst. Maybe used, maybe new.

2 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

$25.00 for cat oil ( with tax). Real sled, not a toy. 24 hours if I dont pull the cover, care to not over torquing the bolts. Fuck that bullshit. My 22 will be gone after next winter. Repurposed by another Catalyst. Maybe used, maybe new.

You know what is really nice about that Ski Doo?

It has a fucking drain bolt for the chaincase!

• Like 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

It is still a doo. POS!

27 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Both cheap and easy.  Buy in bulk and once you've done it once the disassembly doesn't take long nor is it hard.  If you aren't retarded.

21 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Wait. You guys have a chaincase? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Wait. You guys have a chaincase? :lol:

Those Firecat Diamond Drives were also fun to change the 3.? ounces of fluid in.

Of course someone told me the trick to not make a mess after I sent the last one of those down the road.

31 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Both cheap and easy.  Buy in bulk and once you've done it once the disassembly doesn't take long nor is it hard.  If you aren't retarded.

Well you have to buy the SCL in bulk, they fuckin whack ya over the head for that quart too. I always find my leftovers from the year before after I buy a new quart servicing sleds in the fall.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Those Firecat Diamond Drives were also fun to change the 3.? ounces of fluid in.

Of course someone told me the trick to not make a mess after I sent the last one of those down the road.

Just never change it. That’s the easiest way to go. 

• Haha 1

If you're just changing the DD fluid and not splitting the case,I just tip in one side to empty and tip on the other side to fill.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Just never change it. That’s the easiest way to go. 

I think that is what most people did on those.

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

If you're just changing the DD fluid and not splitting the case,I just tip in one side to empty and tip on the other side to fill.

That drain and fill plug in the tunnel was great.  I'd run the flush too, but gernaded 2 or 3 of them that year.  Turns out they didn't like being held WFO landing off approaches.  

The trick to not making a mess was to order up a adapter with the same side thread and a 1/4 barb on the other side.  Flip it to one side, take the plug out, install the adapter, and tip it back to drain.  

On 3/7/2024 at 9:01 PM, ZR6000RR said:

It is still a doo. POS!

still #1 in sales... which explains why they have so much FU$ to spend on racing

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

still #1 in sales... which explains why they have so much FU$ to spend on racing

They’ve been #1 for a long while now….and don’t always feel racing was their best money spent.  They used to treat their teams and racers like shit.  Glad that’s turned around.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

They’ve been #1 for a long while now….and don’t always feel racing was their best money spent.  They used to treat their teams and racers like shit.  Glad that’s turned around.  

between their investments in the machine and top level riders, they've dominated SX for a while.   they also kicked some ass with CBR at the lake races recently.   having FU$ does that.  

did you ever go down to Aurora or just start planting tulips early?

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

between their investments in the machine and top level riders, they've dominated SX for a while.   they also kicked some ass with CBR at the lake races recently.   having FU$ does that.  

did you ever go down to Aurora or just start planting tulips early?

Dirt trails and dirt tracks are very unmotivating.

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Dirt trails and dirt tracks are very unmotivating.

yeah... this definitely has been a weird one.  

maybe I'll run mine on the track stand this weekend to piss off the neighbors