Check your account email address ×

do you suck at driving?

if you're reading this probably not as you're old, quite fat and likely white

is it cell phones, factory installed driver aids, shitty tires, increased MPH on the interstate, too much powa', or just the utter f'ng incompetence of society today?

idk, but it's likely a combination give or take other parameters not mentioned... 

The number of fatal car crashes in each state has risen significantly over the last several years. From 2018 to 2022, the number of deadly accidents in the United States increased by more than 16% — from 36,835 fatal car crashes in 2018 to 42,795 fatal car crashes in 2022.

https://www.usatoday.com/money/blueprint/auto-insurance/fatal-car-crash-statistics/

the great news is auto related deaths are lower than vaccination deaths for those in the back of the room. 

when our daughter got her D/L a year ago I taught her not only defensive driving, but offensive driving with all the safety nanny's on my wifes car turned off on the icy/snow covered hills and parking lots nearby as that's the way I was taught, numerous decades prior.  

7 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Figured the new fancy driver assist features would be helping lower.

Yeah unless they're on their phone not paying attention and hit someone..

• Like 3

around here it's the cell phone. the tell tale signs of braking, weaving, etc , 99% of the time i blow by they are on the phone. i drive up a mountain to work. 2 passing zones for slow fucks to sight see. do they move over? no , they make you blow by on the right. it's like a combo of tech, stupidity, lack of courtesy, entitlement , and lack of concern all rolled in to one. i have a friend who drives the same road in a juiced up ram truck. he is a maniac , i can just imagine what they think of him!

• Like 5

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

around here it's the cell phone. the tell tale signs of braking, weaving, etc , 99% of the time i blow by they are on the phone. i drive up a mountain to work. 2 passing zones for slow fucks to sight see. do they move over? no , they make you blow by on the right. it's like a combo of tech, stupidity, lack of courtesy, entitlement , and lack of concern all rolled in to one. i have a friend who drives the same road in a juiced up ram truck. he is a maniac , i can just imagine what they think of him!

Nailed it

Way too many people using their phone while stopped in traffic or driving down the road then horns start blowing and sometimes road rage follows. More road rage happing now a days then I can remember from past years.

27 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They worry about people distracted by phones and what do they do, put a giant touch screen on the dash to play with. :lol:

Or just allow the car to run on auto pilot so you can browse the internet on your phone. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They worry about people distracted by phones and what do they do, put a giant touch screen on the dash to play with. :lol:

neither of my vehicles have that, but the vehicles we sell do. they work like shit half the time so you know they are distracted. you see some now higher on the dash so you don't look down, but now they are an obstruction 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Had 1 accident in 1966 or '67, never had any tickets except $24 one for burning rubber in 1969.

I used to have 22 points on my license with several 30 day loss of driving privileges mixed in.:lmao:...mostly speeding tickets, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident (hit a friggin road sign).  Really got expensive after a while..I went from ticket after ticket to zero tickets since 1989. 

It was like a light switch was turned on and I guess I grew up and became responsible. Not saying I still don't like to speed and do some spirited driving but I am much more careful and selective on where I do and add in a little luck 🤞

More drivers under the influence of marijuana and other drugs.   :pc:

That's surely to get the pot heads fired up.  :lmao:

Edited by Highmark

• Gold Member

Its nice having Big Bass in the trunk. 

I see someone playing on their phone at the stop light ill creep up quiet and then do a bass drop 2 inches from their bumper unexpectedly and watch em jump out their seat. :lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

More drivers under the influence of marijuana.   :pc:

No shit. Dude blew a stop light the other day I catch up to Him at the next one like "wtf dude" Hes like "What ?what did I do " as hes htting a vape pen. He apologized but those are the fuckers that will kill a motorcyclist :( 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Its nice having Big Bass in the trunk. 

I see someone playing on their phone at the stop light ill creep up quiet and then do a bass drop 2 inches from their bumper unexpectedly and watch em jump out their seat. :lol:

What's a "Big Bass"? Large Mouth or Smallie?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

What's a "Big Bass"? Large Mouth or Smallie?

No, it's a look at me speaker for idiots who need attention. Most grow out of that phase before they hit 30.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

No, it's a look at me speaker for idiots who need attention. Most grow out of that phase before they hit 30.

Mad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Ok Boomer. 

• Gold Member

Ill be a bass head for life. 

Ive been to competitions and seen Guys there in their 60s with nutty systems. 

You either like loud bass or dont . Its a hobby. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I figured you meant a speaker, just teasing.

I know a Guy in SE Wisconsin that has some kind of Cell Phone signal blocker/Jammer that he says he has used when people are on their Cell Phones while driving, says it works perfectly.:3gears:

• Like 1

As @sleepybrew pointed out, It simply boils down to paying attention and disposing of distractions.

You can avoid 99.99% of everything including tickets if you are just paying attention 100% of the time.

• Like 1