Check your account email address ×

John deere rumor

They are in the process of buying Cat from Textron.   Recently Deeres social media pages have been advertising that they used to make snowmobiles, they also came out with a line of retro JD snowmobile appeal.  They are creating buzz and excitement around the nostalgia of the brand before announcing they are getting back into the sport by acquiring Cat

Edited by Boonbocker1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

interesting rumor. Not saying your right or wrong.. But WTF would JD want back into snow biz for? And if Textron wanted out why not sell to Yamaha if they offered? (rumor was they did offer some time ago)? 

Edited by jonlafon1

2 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

interesting rumor. Not saying your right or wrong.. But WTF would JD want back into snow biz for? And if Textron wanted out why not sell to Yamaha if they offered? (rumor was they did offer some time ago)? 

Its as odd as Textron wanting Cat all those yrs back.  

Got a great JD story.. Involves a liquifire.  3 guys one sled that wont start. So they tilt the trailer back and get the sled off. First guy pulls and pulls no go. Second guy takes over pulls pulls no go. Third guy says let me have at it, no go.. They tinker with the hood off usual shit back in the day.. Plug starter fluid, etc.. Nothing.. Guys start pulling nothing.. They are pretty exhausted and sick of fucking around.  One guy says all right one last try.. Pulls and the thing goes wide open into the back of the trailer and breaks into hundred pieces.. IF the trailer was still tilted it would have cleared the tow vehicle. The sled was about 20 feet behind trailer. Took off wide open. 

:beer_cheers:  then the beer flowed! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Bring back the liquifire!!  :bounce:

honestly a liquifire is a big part of my addiction to sleds. before that we were struggling with old junk elans , some cats, just kids trying to ride . my buddies dad comes home with a brand new liquifire. some guy bought it, couldn't afford it so he sold it cheap. as teenagers we start riding this thing and holy shit, that thing flew! we had a big farm to ride on and when it got hard packed it was crazy . got hot real easy . just couldn't get enough of that thing. his dad ruined it dragging firewood out, which is why he bought it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

honestly a liquifire is a big part of my addiction to sleds. before that we were struggling with old junk elans , some cats, just kids trying to ride . my buddies dad comes home with a brand new liquifire. some guy bought it, couldn't afford it so he sold it cheap. as teenagers we start riding this thing and holy shit, that thing flew! we had a big farm to ride on and when it got hard packed it was crazy . got hot real easy . just couldn't get enough of that thing. his dad ruined it dragging firewood out, which is why he bought it. 

There is the 80 or 81 Liquifire 440 here that needs some work, but really looks quite reasonable for $400.

It may be coming to a new home tomorrow.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

There is the 80 or 81 Liquifire 440 here that needs some work, but really looks quite reasonable for $400.

It may be coming to a new home tomorrow.

i always thought of having one. such fond memories. it was so different than the stuff we had with the engine by your balls. it sounded better too. but that power was something. we were just kids, we weighed nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Ufd1233 said:

John Deere’s marketing department would be the best thing to ever happen to cat. 

yeah how many wear jd hats but have nothing to do with them

Edited by sleepybrew

7 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

Yes !! I have a similar experience. Friends dad came home with 2. And wow were they snappy. Remember the cleats on the track? The story above was one of those sleds. Completely destroyed it 

4 minutes ago, Ufd1233 said:

John Deere’s marketing department would be the best thing to ever happen to cat. 

If you've seen the price of the top of the line Deere equipment, I'm not sure how they couldn't make money if they price the sleds just as proud.

That is used, and in Freedom Bucks, BTW.

image.png.75228a58cb3fa15070575cd36e430bc2.png

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yes !! I have a similar experience. Friends dad came home with 2. And wow were they snappy. Remember the cleats on the track? The story above was one of those sleds. Completely destroyed it 

the cleats are what finished it. his dad broke them pulling logs with it, then my buddy is ripping and the track got all wound in the suspension . got left in the woods and his dad must have sold it. but man the fun we had

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

If you've seen the price of the top of the line Deere equipment, I'm not sure how they couldn't make money if they price the sleds just as proud.

That is used, and in Freedom Bucks, BTW.

image.png.75228a58cb3fa15070575cd36e430bc2.png

they could price cats 10% above the competition and tell you you’ll get it back on the resale. 😂