Check your account email address ×

The impossible to get, sold out catalyst on sale at a discount???!

13 minutes ago, krom said:

image.png.b7be9d43087cd1e29fc8712e25bcfdfc.png

How can this be???

If conditions there are anything like here, then very little snow is my guess. That being said, someone on here claimed they were sold out far before any snow had arrived. ;)

16 minutes ago, wrinkly balls said:

Wish prices were that cheap here in canada. One year warranty?

If its a snow check, that gets registered in the original order's name, 2 year.  If its ordered for dealer stock, 1 year.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

If its a snow check, that gets registered in the original order's name, 2 year.  If its ordered for dealer stock, 1 year.

Mine was ordered by the VP of Sales at Arctic Cat on my behalf.  I forgot to ask which warranty I got when I picked it up.

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Mine was ordered by the VP of Sales at Arctic Cat on my behalf.  I forgot to ask which warranty I got when I picked it up.

If you really want to know, post, or pm me the vin

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Sucks to be sitting on all those units, and no snow this late into the selling season.  I guess its still early in the riding season, but those are leftovers now.  Textron has already eliminated their "minimum advertised price" policy on 24's, so with no snow anyplace dealers are going to be dumping them, and cutting each others throats  to get out of paying interest on them.

Will be interesting if Textron sticks to their guns on "no rebates, no extended floor plan, ever again".

Edited by krom

41 minutes ago, krom said:

If you really want to know, post, or pm me the vin

Sucks to be sitting on all those units, and no snow this late into the selling season.  I guess its still early in the riding season, but those are leftovers now.  Textron has already eliminated their "minimum advertised price" policy on 24's, so with no snow anyplace dealers are going to be dumping them, and cutting each others throats  to get out of paying interest on them.

Will be interesting if Textron sticks to their guns on "no rebates, no extended floor plan, ever again".

They will back pedal real fast when dealers don’t order anything new or send their shit back to cat and tell them they are done. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Not only on sale, but for less than what Jimwit paid.  Add that to his aging and now antique procross and he screwed the pooch financially on his purchases.

:lol:

Polaris and Ski Doo dealers near me are all offering discounts and low interest on their carryovers.  My formative years were heavily influenced by small businesses and I sincerely feel for these dealers.  However:

1 - This is a necessary market correction that is good for consumers, and

2 - Dealerships on the verge of collapse after surviving the rona and the boom that followed didn’t learn anything and should be reevaluating their business model.

Same with Cat dealers who were taken by surprise by Cat’s 2025 model year reveal.  It’s a bump in the road, not a big deal for any dealership who was being run correctly.

Country Cat has had sleds when everyone was sold out in the past.  They seem to be able to get sleds when others can’t, and they seem more willing to carry inventory at times of the year when others aren’t.  It’s a risk, but as long as they can be successful - and they seem to be - then it’s a risk worth taking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

Polaris and Ski Doo dealers near me are all offering discounts and low interest on their carryovers.  My formative years were heavily influenced by small businesses and I sincerely feel for these dealers.  However:

1 - This is a necessary market correction that is good for consumers, and

2 - Dealerships on the verge of collapse after surviving the rona and the boom that followed didn’t learn anything and should be reevaluating their business model.

Same with Cat dealers who were taken by surprise by Cat’s 2025 model year reveal.  It’s a bump in the road, not a big deal for any dealership who was being run correctly.

Country Cat has had sleds when everyone was sold out in the past.  They seem to be able to get sleds when others can’t, and they seem more willing to carry inventory at times of the year when others aren’t.  It’s a risk, but as long as they can be successful - and they seem to be - then it’s a risk worth taking.

Issue for most dealers right now, is that the amount of risk is unknown.

Textron has said lots of times that they won't be offering rebates, and they won't be helping with floorplan.  If they stick to that, its going to be tough for a lot of dealers.  Country Cat will be fine, because they are an online parts store, not a sled dealer, they can easily subsidize the sales side of the business with profit from the parts side.

In the past you could count on rebates being released with the new models, reducing the risk.

The dealers who are stupid enough to order 800's are going to pay dearly for it

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

rebates on 2012's @krom

Screenshot_20240112-054945.thumb.png.a28fade86434f0d3ec367e5083ac430c.png

That rebate has actually been around for a while, they have been doing a free second year warranty on mountain 800s since Nov 22

Edited by krom

1 hour ago, ICG said:

Sale ???    Sure would be nice to see the prices listed!!!!!     

That's the great thing about Country Cat, everything is online.  Took me 5 seconds to find the prices:

https://www.countrycat.com/machine-inventory?cat=3815&product_list_limit=24

Edited by p51mstg

On 1/12/2024 at 6:37 AM, krom said:

In the past you could count on rebates being released with the new models, reducing the risk.

The dealers who are stupid enough to order 800's are going to pay dearly for it

Not necessarily. There’s an old saying that you never buy the first year of any new snowmobile engine. Polaris does it the worst but Cat isn’t exactly setting any dependability standards since they dropped Suzuki with 2-strokes. 

52 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Not necessarily. There’s an old saying that you never buy the first year of any new snowmobile engine. Polaris does it the worst but Cat isn’t exactly setting any dependability standards since they dropped Suzuki with 2-strokes. 

Worst year of new cat engine is still spectacular compared doo or poos 850 release. 

14 600, 18 800, 20 800. None of them had wide spread engine failures. 

Worst engine issues cat has had since 98 was the second year of the gen 2 800. 

Even that was a fraction of the percentage of poo 840s or Doo 850s that blow up every year 

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1