Check your account email address ×

Extended forecast for Northeast looks bleak

I was just looking at the 10 day forecast for Island Pond and it doesn't look all that great for snow lover's.  There are a couple of chances of an inch or two.

There isn't any real cold weather either. Only one night in the single digits showing as of now.

Edited by ckf
  • Sad 1

• ckf changed the title to Extended forecast for Northeast looks bleak
5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

My wife was just saying she heard the news talking about a storm coming in Sunday night. Maine sled site was saying 2 coming in within 5 days of each other.

Must be coastal storms??? I have not looked at the NWS forecast discussion recently.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ckf said:

Must be coastal storms??? I have not looked at the NWS forecast discussion recently.

She said coast was the only chance of mix , rest of state is snow.

It was looking pretty good here until mid December. There were limited trails open on opening weekend, December 16th. Then it warmed up and rained.

Supposedly a Noreaster Saturday night into Sunday....not sure how far inland this will hit.  We may get snow to rain here or if stays snow they are calling anywhere from 2 to 12. Very uncertain at this time.

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Supposedly a Noreaster Saturday night into Sunday....not sure how far inland this will hit.  We may get snow to rain here or if stays snow they are calling anywhere from 2 to 12. Very uncertain at this time.

I just checked out the forecast here and they are calling for 2 inches. Things could change though :dunno:

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I just checked out the forecast here and they are calling for 2 inches. Things could change though :dunno:

Yeah, change to a dusting lol. 

• Gold Member

Oddly this make me feel ok. I got 2 more weeks on this hitch and I was worried it would be a long two weeks if everyone else was riding.

9 hours ago, Shifty said:

Yeah, change to a dusting lol. 

You nailed it. Now it's just a couple of flurries in the forecast for the weekend, lol

8 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Oddly this make me feel ok. I got 2 more weeks on this hitch and I was worried it would be a long two weeks if everyone else was riding.

rest easy fellow NY'er nothing but brown up here for the forseeable future:sad:

• Sad 3

15 hours ago, ckf said:

thas what i saw in the forecast.  i'm plannign for QC next week, couldn;t get a room this week then my wife got sick and is in the hospital so this week couldn't happen.  

• Sad 1

• Gold Member

Might have to write this winter off SMH. 

Got a couple buds going to Daytona in March. Seriously considering saving my Sledding funds for hauling the Harley down there instead for a week and forget sledding this year .

Maybe just a day trip or two if we ever get snow. :sad:

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

thas what i saw in the forecast.  i'm plannign for QC next week, couldn;t get a room this week then my wife got sick and is in the hospital so this week couldn't happen.  

Damn that sucks! I hope that it isn't anything serious with your wife.

It isn't going to amount to much but it is at least snowing a bit here this morning.

The weekend forecast is back up to 3 inches between Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I mean I hope wmur is right so at least maybe get a rail bed rip in but it’ll be gone by Wednesday with more warm and rain coming:sad:

“Our first snowfall forecast with this storm puts much of southern NH in a 6-12 inch band. Lesser amounts, 4-6 inches, in the Lakes Region, then even lesser the more to the north you go”

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:48 PM, HSR said:

Worst year EVER up here in my life.

About the same here but there’s a enough snow in the hills now. They’re grooming 

• Like 1