Check your account email address ×

isn't it a bit early for SOTY?

I just hope history is not repeating itself.

Fun sled untill the crank snapped, still have my 2001 Mountain cat with a 98 ZR 600 motor in it.

Screenshot_20231130_081337_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231130_081819_Photos.jpg

20211217_101424.jpg

Edited by Jerr2Star
Additional info
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jerr2Star said:

Fun sled untill the crank snapped, still have my 2001 Mountain cat with a 98 ZR 600 motor in it.

20211217_101424.jpg

It's fine.  Just degrease it before you put on the JB Weld.  :thumbsup:

Every time I think of older sleds, I remember how easy they were to work on.  Fortunately, I forget all the bad stuff.  That is how it should be.

Seems appropriate, since I'm feeling nostalgic....

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been, and there you will always long to return" - John Hermes Secondari

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tripleflipper said:

Could be based on the in depth analysis provided by the fellow who tested the 600 Catalyst back to back with the Poo 650.

This made me LOL ... one of the guys who sits near me gave me the, "What's so funny Bontz?" :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jerr2Star said:

20211217_101424.jpg

They had a stop ride, bring in your sled for an all new pistons and cylinders for free in summer of 98. I hope 25 years later they do better. My uncle claims his never ran right after the update. When the crank went out the next season he bought skidoos 

its friggin rigged everyone knows my kawasaki is the sled of the year fastest sled to 45 and most reliable at 45 (but not 50 but who wants to put their life on the line to go that fast)

My wife told me how awesome my sled was while we did missionary so we could stare into each others eyes while my nephson video taped while my niecaughter was the lube girl.

Bout time Cat won it. SOTY is about new tech representing the future of the sport. The 24 Cat is the first factory belt drive trail sled.

Course a certain 24 mustard bucket does feature the first weight penalty free electric start found on a trail sled. 

Does Polaris have any firsts for 24?

Edited by nacapster

First back to the dealer as well. A 24 Boost owner made it 78 miles before seizing it up on the first ride up in Quebec. Not a rookie who justs gas's and goes either.Asked my son if he'd sell him his 24 850 Turbo Comp and take his in trade.

15 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

First back to the dealer as well. A 24 Boost owner made it 78 miles before seizing it up on the first ride up in Quebec. Not a rookie who justs gas's and goes either.Asked my son if he'd sell him his 24 850 Turbo Comp and take his in trade.

Yuck ... what a way to start the season for that guy :wall:   $25K (CAD) and 78 miles before it gets towed in and back to the dealer.  I hope for that guy's sake, they figure out WHY vs. throwing a new top end (or whatever is needed) to get him back on the trail.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yuck ... what a way to start the season for that guy :wall:   $25K (CAD) and 78 miles before it gets towed in and back to the dealer.  I hope for that guy's sake, they figure out WHY vs. throwing a new top end (or whatever is needed) to get him back on the trail.

It’s ONLY $25K, seriously WGAF? Have you priced a top of the line SXS or pickup truck lately? $25K is fucking chump change. Try not being poor, life is a lot easier. 

19 minutes ago, AK440 said:

It’s ONLY $25K, seriously WGAF? Have you priced a top of the line SXS or pickup truck lately? $25K is fucking chump change. Try not being poor, life is a lot easier. 

Damn ... you got me man.  I better get back to my burger flipping and hoping to land that shift manager promotion!!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Explains why you ride an antique nytro

You won’t have to worry about sleds for too much longer as all your trails get shut down. Besides that, who the fuck is so stupid to live next to a lake as their only access to their riding area? 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

You won’t have to worry about sleds for too much longer as all your trails get shut down. Besides that, who the fuck is so stupid to live next to a lake as their only access to their riding area? 

What? We expanded our trails. Three clubs. Membership grew 20 plus %.

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Lol.  Find better access than Lake Minnetonka while being less than 20min from downtown or the airport.

• Like 2