Check your account email address ×

Fox News host's '$90 Turkey' claim mocked as prices plunge in 'Thanksgiving miracle'

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, SkisNH said:

So you paid $60.00, but can't believe in NYC it might be $90.00?

Dude lives in Utah.  

New York - don’t give a fuck what they pay.  Not a big deal if it is $90 - I spend more than that regularly on different meat cuts.  Point is the fucker is exaggerating the situation. 

3 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

probably trying move the inventory from last year:pc:

Aldi's inventory is probably new but mine was still from last year.  Just smoked one last weekend I bought there on a sale last year. 

Turkey is so much messing around.  It's a pain in the ass to prep, brine, cooking it sucks, and at the end of the day it isn't any better than a Costco rotisserie chicken for $5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Aldi's inventory is probably new but mine was still from last year.  Just smoked one last weekend I bought there on a sale last year. 

Turkey is so much messing around.  It's a pain in the ass to prep, brine, cooking it sucks, and at the end of the day it isn't any better than a Costco rotisserie chicken for $5.

but it keeps the womenfolk out of our hair for a few hours.....

Update: just picked up some fresh ground Italian sausage and celery... going to make two batches.  One for me with, and none for everyone else.

also... gravy or cranberry chutney?

I prefer the chutney the wife makes, the simpletons can eat gravy from a jar.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

$90 turkeys? Only a fucking moron would pay that. They’re a disgusting animal. 

KId that works for me is always broke. Yet every yr he buys a farm fresh turkey for $5.99 a lbs.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:44 AM, Mainecat said:

Fox News host's '$90 Turkey' claim mocked as prices plunge in 'Thanksgiving miracle'

A Fox News host’s claim he spent $90 on a Thanksgiving turkey is getting tremendous pushback and mockery as economists note the price of turkeys, gas, airplane travel, and even complete Thanksgiving Day dinners have all dropped in what one jovially declared a “Thanksgiving miracle.”

“We went to go buy a turkey today — it was $90 for a turkey,” former Republican U.S. Congressman turned Fox News host Jason Chaffetz said Monday (video below).”The price of stamps is up 32% in the last four years. But it’s all a choice by Joe Biden. That is what Bidenomics is.”

Chaffetz was roundly mocked, with many posting ads from their local grocers showing the price of turkeys this Thanksgiving, which CNBC and others report is actually lower than last year. “On average, Americans can expect to pay $35.40 for a 15-pound turkey this year — an average of $2.36 per pound,” FinanceBuzz reports. “At more than $50 per bird ($52.85), Hawaii has the highest average turkey prices of all the states. In the contiguous U.S., Minnesota and California tie for the highest average price at $41.85.”

“Almost everything on the Thanksgiving menu is lower – prices for cranberries have dropped 18%,” CNBC reports. “But the main reason for the decrease is due to the star of the show — the turkey. This year, a 16-pound turkey is averaging $27.35, down 5.6% from a year ago.”

Inflation dropped from 9.1% annually in June of last year to 3.2% annually last month — inflation in the month of October was zero.

https://www.alternet.org/fox-news-hosts-thanksgiving-miracle/

I paid .97lb for fresh yesterday on sale. 

IMG_1848.jpeg

Facts don’t matter to the Trumpsters. 

8 minutes ago, Bontz said:

They don't matter to blindly biased liberals either.  Congrats on owning that distinction every bit as much :bc:

That’s bullshit you’re spewing :thumbsup:  Your cultish stupidity doesn’t apply to everyone. 

11 hours ago, SnowRider said:

That’s bullshit you’re spewing :thumbsup:  Your cultish stupidity doesn’t apply to everyone. 

That broken record response of yours used to be funny, but now it's pretty much like you .... it's just stupid.  Steele Dossier, anyone?  "Big Guy" money?  Hunter Biden artwork for 6-figures?  LOL  The list goes on and on .... and on.

Edited by Bontz
  • Like 1