Check your account email address ×

Dodge new electric truck… less stupid than a lightning?

Rod

7 hours ago, akvanden said:

Awesome idea. Not sure why this wasn’t thought of awhile ago. Get the towing/speed benefits of electric while never running out of power as long as you have gas.

I had mentioned about someone doing this exact thing during a discussion with Ben, but of course he thought it was a dumb idea. I talked to the Ram b0ys, and boom, my idea became reality. Hopefully the patent cheques will start arriving soon, along with Bens apology.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I had mentioned about someone doing this exact thing during a discussion with Ben, but of course he thought it was a dumb idea. I talked to the Ram b0ys, and boom, my idea became reality. Hopefully the patent cheques will start arriving soon, along with Bens apology.

Royalties?

Edited by nascarmike
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

You’re a fucking retard lol , you mentioned solar panels and wind turbines in trucks too 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this has been done before, and no one bought them

https://www.autonews.com/assets/pdf/ca713241015.pdf

but, I applaud hybrid over full on EV

Different. The volts gas engine is hooked into the driveline. It isn’t on the new Ramcharger. Runs on electric motors 100% of the time.

My daughter has a Mitsubishi Outlander that works like this. Batteries are smaller, it has a 20 - 25 mile range on electric. Then the gas motor starts, and she can go till she runs out of gas. 

It's AWD, with an electric motor front and back. No transmission, gas motor only charges. 

For running around town, taking kids to school, or going to the office, she rarely needs the gas motor. It has been reliable for four years, and drives very much like any other car, but quiet. It works very well for her needs. 

10 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Different. The volts gas engine is hooked into the driveline. It isn’t on the new Ramcharger. Runs on electric motors 100% of the time.

just referring to the ice making the juice... 

Just now, Deephaven said:

Considering the current Ram turns into a failing rust bucket at less than 50k, not sure 200k is a logical comparison.  It should be easily done, but no way in hell I'd trust stellantis to pull that off.

My 19 Ram has 49,800 miles on it, stays outside and is still minty.  Ask Snake about his 2010 F150.  :lol: 

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

weird it needs a v-6 just to run a generator

It takes a lot of power to generate enough electricity fast enough to keep up to on demand needs 

think about it. It needs at least that v6 to keep up to power demands if it has a traditional guideline. There’s no free lunch 

only way a smaller engine would pull it off was if you were doing parked recharges