Check your account email address ×

Auto execs are coming clean: EVs aren't working

• Gold Member
49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Toyota/Lexus have proven the model works since 1997

Ford and GM have built hybrids in the past... but abandoned them as THEY DIDN'T SELL

Dont forget Honda .

Automotive hybrid technology became widespread beginning in the late 1990s. The first mass-produced hybrid vehicle was the Toyota Prius, launched in Japan in 1997, and followed by the Honda Insight, launched in 1999 in the United States and Japan.

PRELUDE IS BACK BABY YEAH !! :3gears:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45633444/honda-prelude-concept-revealed/

F4CF169A-EA8D-4DBD-8066-45D881BCEAA1.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold Member
50 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Toyota/Lexus have proven the model works since 1997

Ford and GM have built hybrids in the past... but abandoned them as THEY DIDN'T SELL

Ford hybrid sales went up big they did their best hybrid sales ever last quarter. They started making hybrid cars/trucks people actually wanted like the maverick and f150 not those shit ass cmax and fusions they use to try and sell. I read 75% of maverick sales were hybrids they can’t even get enough materials to build the things.

• Like 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ford hybrid sales went up big they did their best hybrid sales ever last quarter. They started making hybrid cars/trucks people actually wanted like the maverick and f150 not those shit ass cmax and fusions they use to try and sell. I read 75% of maverick sales were hybrids they can’t even get enough materials to build the things.

The F150 Hybrid fucking rips . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I've a friend with a Cmax platinum... nice little car, no troubles whatsoever and we'll likely be getting it for our daughter to take to college. 

It's not a great looking car... but :dunno:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Dont forget Honda .

Automotive hybrid technology became widespread beginning in the late 1990s. The first mass-produced hybrid vehicle was the Toyota Prius, launched in Japan in 1997, and followed by the Honda Insight, launched in 1999 in the United States and Japan.

PRELUDE IS BACK BABY YEAH !! :3gears:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45633444/honda-prelude-concept-revealed/

F4CF169A-EA8D-4DBD-8066-45D881BCEAA1.jpeg

https://fortune.com/2023/10/25/honda-ceo-ending-partnership-gm-develop-affordable-evs-uaw-strike-automaker/

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

i posted that one above. we got the first hummer ev 2 weeks ago. bringing it down for one last look and it has codes for the battery. we managed to clear it . customer called and said wtf i have onstar telling me i have codes, i don't even have it yet. we managed to deliver it and a stop sell came out the next day fore , you guessed it, battery replacement. of course they have none and are on strike. at least it's not sitting here

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i posted that one above. we got the first hummer ev 2 weeks ago. bringing it down for one last look and it has codes for the battery. we managed to clear it . customer called and said wtf i have onstar telling me i have codes, i don't even have it yet. we managed to deliver it and a stop sell came out the next day fore , you guessed it, battery replacement. of course they have none and are on strike. at least it's not sitting here

Legacy manufacture don’t have the ability to really make all that decent and reliable EV’s…. Hell they have a hard time making decent and reliable ice vehicles

Just now, BOHICA said:

Legacy manufacture don’t have the ability to really make all that decent and reliable EV’s…. Hell they have a hard time making decent and reliable ice vehicles

https://www.businessinsider.com/ford-delays-ev-manufacturing-investment-cars-too-expensive-2023-10

• Platinum Contributing Member
  • Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

image.thumb.png.98f30ec837304fd1174e39ad540e75d7.png

Tesla has seen a sharp decline in recalls so far this year compared to 2022, according to a recent article by Barron's (via Not A Tesla App).

Tesla recalled a total of 3.8 million vehicles in 2022, but only about 439,000 in 2023 so far, with the sharp decline suggesting a significant improvement in Tesla's quality control and production standards.

The steep reduction in recalls also suggests that Tesla has kept the promise made at its Investor Day 2023 to enhance quality control and production standards. If Tesla's recalls continue at the same pace, the automaker is projected to hit approximately 550,000 recalls by the end of the year. 

That's quite low compared to the competition. For example, US automakers (Detroit Three + Tesla) collectively recalled over 16 million vehicles in the US in 2023, compared to 19 million in 2022. Last year, Tesla accounted for 20 percent of all US auto recalls, while now it represents just 2.7 percent of all recalls. 

It's worth mentioning that most Tesla recalls are typically fixed through over-the-air software updates. Tesla differentiates itself from many rivals in that it offers advanced over-the-air (OTA) software update capability on all its vehicles. Since Teslas are software-defined vehicles, the automaker is able to fix remotely some issues that appear on its vehicles.

The OTA updates are cost-effective and efficient for the company, as well as less disruptive for the customer. For example, the recent recall related to a warning light for detecting low brake fluid on certain Tesla Model X vehicles was rectified through an over-the-air software update.

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yep.  Are you suprised?   With how many bailouts and how much in subsidies the big 3 have gotten in their entire existence to make Ice vehicles is it all surprising they struggle at making EV’s?  They struggle most years making ICE vehicles.  The legacy manufactures could all sell themselves for market value and they aren’t worth enough to cover their own debt.  Tesla is the only US auto manufacture that is debt free.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yep.  Are you suprised?   With how many bailouts and how much in subsidies the big 3 have gotten in their entire existence to make Ice vehicles is it all surprising they struggle at making EV’s?  They struggle most years making ICE vehicles.  The legacy manufactures could all sell themselves for market value and they aren’t worth enough to cover their own debt.  Tesla is the only US auto manufacture that is debt free.

Didnt Tesla get all kinds of government handouts?

21 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

not gonna argue that one

First off.  Teslas are shit.

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Hybrid is the way to go . 

No way.  Complexity of both.  Fucking not something I would ever buy.

6 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Hydrogen ICE is the future.

No.  As soon as batteries can get you 400mi in a < 10min charge range anxiety goes away and the charging network while sparse already has an infrastructure.  We are less than 5 years from that which will make most arguments against evs to away