Check your account email address ×

Iron Dog 2024 - the world’s longest, toughest snowmobile race

AK440

On 9/21/2023 at 2:17 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

wager? 

:)

Absolutely! I bet 1/64 worth of Bitcoin you can’t produce a signed letter from Todd Palin witnessed by a state of Alaska Notary that states you have his shocks. Hell, I’ll even throw in the pair of his ex-old lady’s panties I have hanging from the mirror of my Power Wagon.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

interesting as Cains Quest claims... 

THIS IS THE LONGEST AND TOUGHEST SNOWMOBILE ENDURANCE RACE IN THE WORLD

https://cainsquest.com/

:pc:

This will surprise you but even fewer people care about a “race” that features drunk Quebecers trying to find their way around Canada riding touring sleds. 

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Google calculator says 2174.799 miles and the Dog claims 2500. The claim is grandeous enough to warrant discussion though.  

The Dog runs a longer course in recent years making a loop through a bunch of shit hole villages by Kotzebue.

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Lotta Haybalers in those pics ....

I thought they weren't tough enough for the iRoN dAWg 

:snack:

They were so good ISR banned them from back woods, hillbilly race competition in the middle of fucking nowhere. The beavertail cooler was ruled to be an unfair advantage when racing on dirt. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, Boonbocker1 said:

These comments caught my attention as I was certain polaris teams won with a baler.  A quick search proved so.   As far back as 2011 they won with a rush.   Pretty certain a baler also won In the years of 2014, 2015 and 2018

Screenshot_20230922-091917_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-092408_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-094629_Chrome.jpg

@Crnr2Crnr and @AK440

:owned:

:guzzle:

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, AK440 said:

They were so good ISR banned them from back woods, hillbilly race competition in the middle of fucking nowhere. The beavertail cooler was ruled to be an unfair advantage when racing on dirt. 

image.gif.b10c9c59951db001754920e5bd091cf5.gif

Edited by EvilBird

On 9/22/2023 at 10:27 AM, Boonbocker1 said:

These comments caught my attention as I was certain polaris teams won with a baler.  A quick search proved so.   As far back as 2011 they won with a rush.   Pretty certain a baler also won In the years of 2014, 2015 and 2018

Screenshot_20230922-091917_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-092408_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230922-094629_Chrome.jpg

AC won with the barney sled

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

can't be that tough of a race if folks from New Hampshire are doing it.  wonder who their clutch kit sponsor is? 

https://www.wmur.com/article/new-hampshire-iron-dog-pro-class-alaska-race-2024/45356887

They won’t even be competitive. Anyone can sign up for the “pro” class but it doesn’t mean they have to be any good. There are always a few guys who like to piss away tens of thousands of dollars to enter the race and get their asses handed to them. They offer a trail class for guys who want to ride the course during the event to take advantage of the gas stops and support available along the way. With El Niño happening, there is a good chance the race will have limited amounts of snow and lots of bare trail. 

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

They won’t even be competitive. Anyone can sign up for the “pro” class but it doesn’t mean they have to be any good. There are always a few guys who like to piss away tens of thousands of dollars to enter the race and get their asses handed to them. They offer a trail class for guys who want to ride the course during the event to take advantage of the gas stops and support available along the way. With El Niño happening, there is a good chance the race will have limited amounts of snow and lots of bare trail. 

you sure about that...  Last time I looked you had to run the trail class at least once first

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, AK440 said:

I know one of them NH guys he’s from town and as Krom said and what he has told me someone who’s actually done the race you have to do the expedition class before you can do the pro class. He’s done the expedition class a few times but that’s only 1k miles or so not the challenge of the 2500 miles. How many iron dogs have you competed in?

4 hours ago, krom said:

you sure about that...  Last time I looked you had to run the trail class at least once first

Yep. No experience necessary. 
https://www.irondog.org/entry/pro-class-information

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

I know one of them NH guys he’s from town and as Krom said and what he has told me someone who’s actually done the race you have to do the expedition class before you can do the pro class. He’s done the expedition class a few times but that’s only 1k miles or so not the challenge of the 2500 miles. How many iron dogs have you competed in?

Your buddy was given the wrong info. 

17 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Local se mn boys managed 13 in 22!!

IMG_0936.png

Wow. What an accomplishment. They finished 4th from last place. Right ahead of the amputee on team 11 that has no legs. 

I bet they felt amazing after spending $20,000 - $30,000 to get their asses handed to them and barely beat the handicapped team. :lol2:

32 minutes ago, mnstang said:

So if a handicap team finishes 14th place, how is this the most badass race with the most badass riders again?

Because the slogan is the “World’s toughest and longest snowmobile race” that’s why. 

9CE5FBBC-06AA-4696-AC52-E6B7B0203072.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

21 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Because the slogan is the “World’s toughest and longest snowmobile race” that’s why. 

So….how many have you raced in?

20 hours ago, AK440 said:

I think it used to be you couldn't have a pair of rookies race together.

I thought there was something too about having to run the expedition class before you could send it in the big class too.

• Gold Member
21 hours ago, AK440 said:

He’s not really a buddy I barely know him just a guy from town I talk with every now and then with a mutual love of snowmobiling. He is in the pro class this year and has done the expedition race I’ll take his word over yours. Your link also doesn’t state no experience necessary for the pro class anywhere so like I said I’ll believe the guy in the race.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So….how many have you raced in?

He’s raced all of em……

IMG_4144.jpeg

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, AK440 said:

That doesn't answer the question that was asked.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

That doesn't answer the question that was asked.

You’re starting to sound like Jimwit. Show me a race, any sled race in the lower 48 or Canada that is as long, remote, unsupported and travels through and over as difficult of terrain and temperatures. 

Just because stumpy could do it and you can’t doesn’t mean the race isn’t badass. 

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think it used to be you couldn't have a pair of rookies race together.

I thought there was something too about having to run the expedition class before you could send it in the big class too.

Do any of you guys read the info in the links I posted? 

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

He’s not really a buddy I barely know him just a guy from town I talk with every now and then with a mutual love of snowmobiling. He is in the pro class this year and has done the expedition race I’ll take his word over yours. Your link also doesn’t state no experience necessary for the pro class anywhere so like I said I’ll believe the guy in the race.

He’s raced all of em……

Your guy from town doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground. The Iron Dog will take anyone who pays the $3500 entry fee (per racer) to enter the Pro class. Right now there are only 20 teams signed up, the lowest number since the race started in ‘84. If you have a pulse and $3500 they’ll take you.