Check your account email address ×

Iron Dog 2024 - the world’s longest, toughest snowmobile race

AK440

I’m guessing it is Cat since they talk about a new chassis that was supposed to be available? https://www.irondog.org/news/pro-class-teams-gear-up-for-40th-running-of-iron-dog

Cat still using MY 18 sleds in sno-x is ridiculous. Not to provide Cataylist 600’s to racers in the Iron Dog seems like a lost marketing opportunity but I suspect they don’t have faith in their new belt drive or chassis or engine mapping to feel competitive. It would look way worse if none of the Cat’s finished, you know, like the first year of the game changing, terrain dominating ‘10 Rush 600. :lol2:

My guess is it is Polaris holding out on sleds as they already have a numerical advantage and their fast teams have sleds. I suspect with the low entires for this years race there are a number of Joe Blow or Twokeet the Native, nobody teams who expected Polaris to just provide discounted sleds simply because they wanted to race the Iron Dog but had zero race experience. One of the big AK Polaris dealers who sponsors the race only got 6 Cross Country 600’s. They usually get quite a few more. 

Vasser said it appears there is an industrywide shortage of race sleds that has left some want-to-be pro racers scrambling to find the machines they need to compete. 

“We’ve heard talk about new chassis that were coming that didn’t and teams that thought they were getting sleds (it’s not uncommon for racers to have sleds provided at a discount), who didn’t,” he said. “I would speculate from what I’ve heard, that as many as 28 sleds could be used for teams to practice and race that just don’t appear available.”

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

This is a list, a list that names the fastest riders in the world. A list that no member of this forum will ever be on.

https://www.irondog.org/news/2024-iron-dog-race-24-teams-enter-race

CAC7A405-B708-4209-B4C5-7F0CBF08F0F5.jpeg

you forgot to mention there's no Arctic Cat's on the list.

how do you know there's no racers or former racers here? 

;)

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you forgot to mention there's no Arctic Cat's on the list.

how do you know there's no racers or former racers here? 

;)

So what you are saying is that the arctic cats are incapable of finishing.  Makes sense.

35 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

A shortage of race sleds or the manufacturers aren't handing out sled discounts like they did 5 years ago?

I'm going with the later.  

SHORTAGE OF RACESLEDS.

The Iron Dog did a press release that there is a shortage of race sleds. That has way more credibility than what some rando says on a sled forum.

58 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Lots of barely used ones for sale

Guys spend thousands $ on the entry fees alone to race the Iron Dog. They are going to cobble together a pair of matching race sleds along with identical practice sleds with used shit from Facebook marketplace.

6 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Cobble.  That's funny.  Better question is what is the advantage of new?  Personally I would rather have known than new.

Why would anyone want to spend the time, effort and money to race 2,500 miles for 7 days on used shit? 

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

I don't see Crying Bitch there......

You two faggles couldn’t handle trail riding trails in AK, much less entering the old man expedition class in the race. Fucking no talent, bar hopping, burger eating, beer swilling shit talkers that ride gay ass groomed trails through farmer’s fields. 

4 hours ago, Deephaven said:

The racers go through everything before hand regardless.  I personally would rather have something I built.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :smack: Buy used sleds that already have wear and tear, chassis and suspension components that have already been stressed and then expect the second hand shitbox to hold up for 2500 miles of XC racing. 

10 hours ago, AK440 said:

You two faggles couldn’t handle trail riding trails in AK, much less entering the old man expedition class in the race. Fucking no talent, bar hopping, burger eating, beer swilling shit talkers that ride gay ass groomed trails through farmer’s fields. 

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :smack: Buy . 

And you'd still be trying to catch up on your clapped out 95 xlt special with a 488 fan and 0.75" track.

15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The XC racing down here is just on lakes and flat soybean fields.

Lots of good tight sleds for them down here.

Due to a bunch of wannabe posers buying sleds off the race programs just so they can look kewl in front of the bar. 

On 9/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

:roflcrying:

not his first post, this is snowbikes are the future dude that was trying to teach you how to ride moguls... :thumbsup:

little does he know I have a full set of Todd Palin's shocks... not that I'm bragging.  :lmao:

I would rather be banging on Todd Palins old lady, as tough looking as she is.

Edited by Frostynuts
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

1 team just posted their 4 new Polaris Cross Countries to the Book.

Shortage of race sleds?

Two race and two practice sleds. Are you confused?