Check your account email address ×

Americans trust former President Donald Trump to handle the economy more than President Joe Biden, and that includes independent voters

Pete

:pc:

Americans trust former President Donald Trump to handle the economy more than President Joe Biden, and that includes independent voters, a recent Suffolk University Sawyer Business School/USA TODAY poll found.

Most, 59 percent, disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy. Perhaps what is worse for the 80-year-old president is the fact that 67 percent of independents and one-third of Democrats believe the economy is actively getting worse under his leadership.

When asked who they trust to better the economy, Americans chose Trump by a double-digit margin.

Forty-seven percent said they trust Trump to make the economy better, compared to 36 percent who said the same of Biden. That gap is even wider among independents, as 46 percent trust Trump to improve the economy, compared to 26 percent who chose Biden — a 20-point gap.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/09/16/poll-independents-trust-donald-trump-more-than-joe-biden-to-fix-economy/

• Platinum Contributing Member

Trump's been ahead in that category for a long time.  Also more and more independents siding with Trump along with an improved% of Black voters.  24 on track to be an outright bloodbath.  

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Trump's been ahead in that category for a long time.  Also more and more independents siding with Trump along with an improved% of Black voters.  24 on track to be an outright bloodbath.  

You keep saying that but when asked if they want Biden and Trump both gone 75 % say they do.

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

You keep saying that but when asked if they want Biden and Trump both gone 75 % say they do.

If 75% don’t want either, then every poll after that is who sucks less, essentially. Nothing anyone should be cheering about.

1 hour ago, akvanden said:

If 75% don’t want either, then every poll after that is who sucks less, essentially. Nothing anyone should be cheering about.

Pretty much. This never gets discussed though of course.

12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

Well, looks like "75%" will be disappointed. :bla:  Maybe they will eventually get over it and realize they have no other choice.:gun: :lol:Or maybe they will carry on like babies to the very end.:baby:

But hell yeah, I'm cheering 🥂:thumbsup::bc::dance:

We are still 4 or 5 months out from the first primaries and we have no other choice but to choose Biden or Trump?  There's still plenty of time for a lot of things to happen. Especially when the supposed only choice is between a couple of old guys.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

Exactly and when the Dems pull the plug on Biden all that fake Trump cheer is gone.  

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Exactly and when the Dems pull the plug on Biden all that fake Trump cheer is gone.  

The resident parrot jumped off the Trump ship for awhile when he thought RFK had a chance. There's a small core of Trumpers who will hang until the end and go down with the ship.

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

We are still 4 or 5 months out from the first primaries and we have no other choice but to choose Biden or Trump?  There's still plenty of time for a lot of things to happen. Especially when the supposed only choice is between a couple of old guys.

If the D's decide to retire Biden from running, I think its safe to say they're going to pull out another establishment candidate, and I don't think that will change the dynamic much at all.  As for the Rs, Trump is still the lead polling candidate, and he's not going away.  

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

If the D's decide to retire Biden from running, I think its safe to say they're going to pull out another establishment candidate, and I don't think that will change the dynamic much at all.  As for the Rs, Trump is still the lead polling candidate, and he's not going away.  

You've said that 100 times already.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

A lot can happen in 5 months. Nothing is guaranteed in life.

No doubt, but unless they assassinate him, I don't see how he's going away.  Works for me.  And all that will accomplish is making him a martyr.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

No doubt, but unless they assassinate him, I don't see how he's going away.  Works for me.  And all that will accomplish is making him a martyr.

LOL, the only way he is going away is if he is assassinated? He could have a heart attack or health issue at his age.  Or would that be considered an assassination too from his followers? 

Like I said, a lot change before any nominations are wrapped up.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

good thing Obama handed him such a robust economy so Trump had spare time to reign in the debt, balance the budget and drain the swamp.  

9_9

loling.gif.3b8a19c350dce553f4727f3b5f7f1b95.gif

You forgot cheap gas when the world shut down because of covid.

Edited by Steve753

4 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well, looks like "75%" will be disappointed. :bla:  Maybe they will eventually get over it and realize they have no other choice.:gun: :lol:Or maybe they will carry on like babies to the very end.:baby:

But hell yeah, I'm cheering 🥂:thumbsup::bc::dance:

Lol…you’re a dupe aren’t ya?