Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Have you had it of any sweet jumps? 😂

Or over 30mph?

granted this thread is supposed to be about Arctic Cat's new big bore... which clearly it no longer is, but there's a lot of skilled small bore riders in here (except Jimbo) and if a 500 is good enough for Roger Skime... ;)

Roger could probably still outride most obese bYG b0aR owners.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Not the point, but you knew that. 

ok genius...

how do you push start a vehicle with an automatic transmission? 

can you buck start a modern vehicle with a manual transmission?  

how do you start a SkiDoo with a dead battery, if it's not tipped over? 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ok genius...

how do you push start a vehicle with an automatic transmission? 

can you buck start a modern vehicle with a manual transmission?  

how do you start a SkiDoo with a dead battery, if it's not tipped over? 

Just made you look foolish. Now I can go back to my day. Classic idiot take.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I wasn’t spending 2 grand for a shitty computer controlled one setting shock. Iact sleds and riots were the easiest to find. If it was like the mag used in gm sports cars or brp products then it would be worth getting 

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I wasn’t spending 2 grand for a shitty computer controlled one setting shock. Iact sleds and riots were the easiest to find. If it was like the mag used in gm sports cars or brp products then it would be worth getting 

Surprised nobody's come out with a dsc type adjuster thats electronic yet. With the basic iact system in place you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to do

36 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It's three settings. ;)

I'm surprised how little that adjustment gets changed.  I don't ride the ATAC sled a whole lot, but it's rare to move the setting. The shocks are kinda meh and certainly work better with big guys.  They seem to get the shocks moving enough to get travel and notice the difference.

It seems like a cool feature, but it's a poor choice for myself with the current setup.  I'd love to see Cat do a little fine tuning.  They could knock it out of the park with the simple bar adjustment process on the IACT sleds.  Add some manual adjustment to the presets and let users toggle between setting that work for them. 

It still blows me away that I have had the best luck with a sled they call the RR.  The name throws people off.  Those shocks are actually adjustable.  I can set them up for my weight and ride harder with way less effort.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It's three settings. ;)

It still blows me away that I have had the best luck with a sled they call the RR.  The name throws people off.  Those shocks are actually adjustable.  I can set them up for my weight and ride harder with way less effort.

QS3 (3 position) makes sense for the masses ... on the brothers RXC having the rebound adjustment makes them easier to dial in better, but not as accurately as DSC.  

this said, I'd bet most people would be/are best served with just the three simple positions as most would actually make their sleds worse with high/low/rebound options.  

Lynx/BRP dealer guy I've gotten to know a bit said most of the XRS and big bump sleds he sees customers come in with are just a mess of adjustments and improperly set up.