Check your account email address ×

Did the feds burn down Maui?

• Platinum Contributing Member

Don't know about how the fires started but days after the fire and the Governor standing there saying the land my be aquired for affordable workforce housing (which he has pursued in the past) was a bit strange and lacking empathy.  

"I'm already thinking of ways for the state to acquire that land so that we can put it into workforce housing, to put it back into families, or make it open spaces in perpetuity as a memorial to the people who were lost," Green said while standing amongst the rubble.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

Lahaina was the place you went on Maui to spend money, eat, shop, etc.  I got engaged there.  It's a destination.  Why take that and turn it into affordable housing?

Thats what they say   now.     nfw thats what happens.    they will take the land and build what the rich want.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Don't know about how the fires started but days after the fire and the Governor standing there saying the land my be aquired for affordable workforce housing (which he has pursued in the past) was a bit strange and lacking empathy.  

"I'm already thinking of ways for the state to acquire that land so that we can put it into workforce housing, to put it back into families, or make it open spaces in perpetuity as a memorial to the people who were lost," Green said while standing amongst the rubble.

Insurance companies are refusing claims due to some bullshit zoning noncompliance.

Well of course the feds did!  Same as the twin towers they blew up and its got to be the same as the election riggers that rigged the last TWO elections.. The first one they fucked up on. EVERYTHING is a conspiracy!  Its true I said it

10 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Well of course the feds did!  Same as the twin towers they blew up and its got to be the same as the election riggers that rigged the last TWO elections.. The first one they fucked up on. EVERYTHING is a conspiracy!  Its true I said it

This post isn't as outlandish as some things I've read here :lol:

It's Pizzagate 2.0. First they put the pineapple on the pizza then they tried to manipulate the price of pineapple.  The WEF punished them for not following the plan. AC pm'd me the details.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Power lines likely caused Maui’s first reported fire, video and data show

KULA, Hawaii — At 10:47 p.m. last Monday, a security camera at the Maui Bird Conservation Center captured a bright flash in the woods, illuminating the trees swaying in the wind. “I think that is when a tree is falling on a power line,” says Jennifer Pribble, a senior research coordinator at the center, in a video posted on Instagram.

“The power goes out, our generator kicks in, the camera comes back online, and then the forest is on fire.”

At that exact moment, 10 sensors in Makawao, a small, rural town in the East Maui region of Upcountry — where the Conservation Center is located — recorded a significant incident in Hawaiian Electric’s grid, according to data from Whisker Labs, a company that uses an advanced sensor network to monitor grids across the United States. The bright light in the video was probably an “arc flash,” something that happens when a power line “faults” — meaning it has come in contact with vegetation or another line, or gets knocked down, releasing power, usually through sparks, according to a Whisker Labs official and other experts.

4 hours ago, old indy said:

Thats what they say   now.     nfw thats what happens.    they will take the land and build what the rich want.

Following Katrina, developers came with government money and “rehabbed” the area. Then they raised the rent just high enough so people were stuck there. Basically a hostage situation. 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I see you're parroting what John Podesta said today.  He's a shameless scumbag.

We alternate between record floods and record fires and you still won’t admit you are wrong about climate change.