Check your account email address ×

the states pushing for 14-year-olds to serve alcohol

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@HSR - could you be any bigger POS with your drama?  You're just pathetic the way you pick and choose who you're going to go against and preach whatever narrative suits you for the day.  I can just about guarantee had Deephaven or the other Steve posted what I did, you'd have kept your mouth shut.  It's getting more and more clear why ckf has to step in and fight your battles so regularly, ya worthless twat.

FWIW - I wouldn't have a teenage kids serving beers in some biker bar FFS, let alone a bar in and of itself.  But around here, there are places known as BAR & GRILLS where it's primarily family oriented where people who dine sit down and are served food AND DRINK.  I wouldn't have any issues with my daughter serving alcohol in that environment.  If you have a problem with that, go smoke another bowl and be a fucking Karen in some other thread.

And before you say it, let me beat you to your next response:  DERP!!  Sorry that you don't like this place & how it's run.  Maybe you should find another forum!! DERPITY DERP!!!

Nore would anyone with half a brain.  Family restaurants are fine to serve alcohol once an adult id's.  Get a good tip for once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Applebees is a bar/restaurant, Texas Roadhouse is a bar/restaurant Olive Garden is a bar/restaurant. 

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Applebees, Olive garden :lol: come back when you have a point FFS. Have you EVER been in a real "bar" SMFH :lmao: Olive garden JFC!!!

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

My kids waited tables at the local family restaurant when they were in high school. It wasn't the kind of place where you had a 'bar full of grown half drunk men' to be concerned about.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

I have no issues with that style of setting:bc:. I don't think the issue is with kids becoming alcoholics.

How many personalities live in your head?

Edited by Doug
  • Haha 3

If I'm in a bar/lounge with the guys there's a few things I like in a waitress.

Of legal age

Good looking

Efficient 

and Flirty

How she scores in each category determines her tip.

That's just my personal opinion, you guys do you.

I can't even fathom going to a Hooters and having a 14 year old serve me. No thank you.

Here I thought it was Mainecat and Snowrider who set the bar for levels of stupidity.  Congratulations on taking it to a whole new level Queen Steve :lol2:  Tries to be edgy, or argumentative, but just comes across DUMB A F

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

People eat at those places?  That's fucking gross.

I do 🤷‍♂️ 🫣.

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Of legal age

Good looking

Efficient 

and Flirty

I can't even fathom going to a Hooters and having a 14 year old serve me. No thank you.

I don’t think anyone here is saying at all 14yr olds need to be serving brews at twin peak, hooters, tilted kilt or the shot girls at the tittie bar 😂 I think you know this though just trying to start shit. I think everyone is talking family type places like that disgusting Texas Roadhouse place or whatever local bar&grill place you have I’d have zero issue with my kids serving brews there. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I do 🤷‍♂️ 🫣.

I don’t think anyone here is saying at all 14yr olds need to be serving brews at twin peak, hooters, tilted kilt or the shot girls at the tittie bar 😂 I think you know this though just trying to start shit. I think everyone is talking family type places like that disgusting Texas Roadhouse place or whatever local bar&grill place you have I’d have zero issue with my kids serving brews there. 

That all depends on how the laws are worded. Frankly I see zero reason for kids that age to be working in that kind of environment unless it's their family business. There has to be better jobs for kids that age. My boys had no issues finding work at those ages growing up without having to deal with peoples BS every day. People can be rude no matter what age person they are dealing with.  

I find the fact that people think it's a good thing ludicrous.

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

That all depends on how the laws are worded. Frankly I see zero reason for kids that age to be working in that kind of environment unless it's their family business. There has to be better jobs for kids that age. My boys had no issues finding work at those ages growing up without having to deal with peoples BS every day. People can be rude no matter what age person they are dealing with.  

I find the fact that people think it's a good thing ludicrous.

Laws?

The laws that let kids much younger get irrivesable surgeries.

You're good with that though.  Hey if only you could blame a priest.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, HSR said:

That’s many kids first job is in a restaurant though because of flexible hours. Obviously there needs to be a certain type of establishment they can be allowed to wait in though.

1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

That’s many kids first job is in a restaurant though because of flexible hours. Obviously there needs to be a certain type of establishment they can be allowed to wait in though.

Did you read the link in the first post and what they are proposing though? I have a feeling some haven't.

Moving the typical age norm of 18-21 down to 14 seems a little extreme IMHO

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Did you read the link in the first post and what they are proposing though? I have a feeling some haven't.

I skimmed cause I’m lazy and it’s Wisconsin haha but ya serving alcohol at 14. Again don’t care if a bartender pours a beer and some 14yr old walks it over with the appetizers and other nonalcoholic drinks at a family type restaurant. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Many restaurants still haven’t recovered from Covid. Maybe this will help staff them. I was younger than 18 and bar backed sometimes at a popular place on the lake here. First job was in a restaurant at 14 I rode my bike to a mile or so away

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I skimmed cause I’m lazy and it’s Wisconsin haha but ya serving alcohol at 14. Again don’t care if a bartender pours a beer and some 14yr old walks it over with the appetizers and other nonalcoholic drinks at a family type restaurant. 

I think if the proposal listed just restaurants then cool, but adding bars/lounges I disagree with.

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Many restaurants still haven’t recovered from Covid. Maybe this will help staff them. I was younger than 18 and bar backed sometimes at a popular place on the lake here. First job was in a restaurant at 14 I rode my bike to a mile or so away

I wish we could say kids are as safe as in our time but I don't think that is true.

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

I wish we could say kids are as safe as in our time but I don't think that is true.

I don’t think so. The dot Indians here have zero respect for women or girls 

I can't imagine sending my 14 year old to work for these wages and have to hussle for tips.

These sub-minimum wages are legal in every state that’s now lowering its alcohol service age: in Iowa, the so-called tipped minimum wage is $4.35 an hour. In Michigan, it’s $3.84, and in Wisconsin, it’s just $2.33.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I can't imagine sending my 14 year old to work for these wages and have to hussle for tips.

These sub-minimum wages are legal in every state that’s now lowering its alcohol service age: in Iowa, the so-called tipped minimum wage is $4.35 an hour. In Michigan, it’s $3.84, and in Wisconsin, it’s just $2.33.

Let the parents decide 

the less that’s up to the state, generally the better 

would I let my daughter sling beer in a bar at 14? Nope 

in a restaurant? Sure 

• Like 1

Numbers at bars and taverns have been on the decline for years. Millennials and gen z’s aren’t into patronage like boomers and Gen Xers. It’s only going to get worse. Wanting to employ 14 year old boys and girls where old people are being served alcohol stinks like desperation. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Numbers at bars and taverns have been on the decline for years. Millennials and gen z’s aren’t into patronage like boomers and Gen Xers. It’s only going to get worse. Wanting to employ 14 year old boys and girls where old people are being served alcohol stinks like desperation. 

Well two things I can see are to blame. One, social media allows people to connect without a physical venue 

and 2, and this is due to lesser intellects like you, is the cost. It’s crazy expensive to have a time at a bar. It’s one of those things where higher tax rates end up being less tax collected 

I doubt I even go to a bar once per year 

43 minutes ago, HSR said:

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Of legal age

Good looking

Efficient 

and Flirty

Questioned above if of age and answered above by one of them.

Good looking and flirty is border line Creepy old man category.  Nice and curtious would do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HSR said:

Well, you think this is about exposing kids to drunkards and being exposed to sexual innuendo.  Maybe that's how it goes in po-dunk, hickville, Canada?  Down here, kids can actually work in venues where it's OK to serve families food & drink when they take their families out to eat.  It's not some meth dealing, show your titties, biker bar, or Hooters type of environment, where they have a chance to earn decent tips.

What's next?  You gonna criticize my oldest kid, who runs the beer cart and bartends at the golf course?  She probably make more per year than you do, and she only works about 4 months a year.  And that's strictly based on the tips she earns.  Stop being such a c-u-Next-Tuesday :news:

• Like 1

My kids were working for tips in the restaurant. With the tips, they were making $12 - 14 an hour as I remember, in the 2006 - 20012 time frame. A good step better than minimum wage at that time, and they learned valuable lessons about customer service, dealing with people, what it's like to have a job, and personal responsibility. Most of that is worth more than the money they made in my opinion. 

We had dinner at that restaurant a few weeks back, with my daughter. The owner stopped by, and had some really nice things to say about her and her brother during their time there. 

The tipped minimum wage is pretty meaningless in a restaurant, the waitstaff makes most of their money on tips. 

In fact - not to change the subject - I think its wrong for all of the coffee shops, where the staff gets full minimum wage, probably more, then asks for a 10 - 20% tip on top of that. It becomes unfair to real waitstaff, and is a money grab. 

• Like 3