Check your account email address ×

Monday was hottest day for global average temperature on record, as climate crisis bites

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

It’s actually kind of awesome watching this all unfold.  It’s a good time from watching people glue themselves to runways to people denying it is happen just like Bill Clinton denying what he did happened.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

Midwest must be on cool side compared to east and west coast this summer?

I’ve seen 92-94 but it’s been a few years.

id say we’re at about as high as it will get this year.days getting shorter nights getting colder.

will roll with the punches and deal with changes as they come.all I know is that throwing money at it ain’t going to change the path we’re on temp wise.

Edited by X2700
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
42 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Pool at same temp it usually is this time of year!!I’ve seen it warmer than this and cooler!!

All good here!😁

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0624.jpeg

Having a tough time breaking 80 in our pool.....have only had a few days over 90..... actually a bit unusual for this area. .....but I certainly know  we are warming globally without a doubt.  Let er rip....:lol: 

Who actually cares about this?  FFS the global elites have been pushing climate change for 40+ years and nothing has really happened adversely to the human population because of it.  Why is this still at the forefront of the news cycle and why do people still think they are going to change it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Who actually cares about this?  FFS the global elites have been pushing climate change for 40+ years and nothing has really happened adversely to the human population because of it.  Why is this still at the forefront of the news cycle and why do people still think they are going to change it.

Funny Sheep Swinging GIF | GIFDB.com

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, X2700 said:

Midwest must be on cool side compared to east and west coast this summer?

I’ve seen 92-94 but it’s been a few years.

id say we’re at about as high as it will get this year.days getting shorter nights getting colder.

will roll with the punches and deal with changes as they come.all I know is that throwing money at it ain’t going to change the path we’re on temp wise.

Damn you for typing out something that uses common sense!!  What's wrong with you?? :lol2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

This summer is much cooler than normal around here.

How dare you talk about only your area. That’s so arrogant. Don’t forget the ppl that suffer from the 100f ocean :lol:

Just my little observation, I'm sure it has ZERO merit among the climate experts here, but driving to Pool league on the opposite side of the Twin Cities last night, when I left my house 15 miles south of the Twin Cities, it was 93 on my car thermometer, as I rolled through downtown St. Paul it read 98, and as I reached my destination another 10 miles to the north of St. Paul, it read 95... 

Just a friendly preliminary observation that can't be verified and has no since when... 

Just now, Mag6240 said:

Just my little observation, I'm sure it has ZERO merit among the climate experts here, but driving to Pool league on the opposite side of the Twin Cities last night, when I left my house 15 miles south of the Twin Cities, it was 93 on my car thermometer, as I rolled through downtown St. Paul it read 98, and as I reached my destination another 10 miles to the north of St. Paul, it read 95... 

Just a friendly preliminary observation that can't be verified and has no since when... 

And guess what temperature reading the "experts" are using when compiling this data?  All to make it look like it is very HOT.

Just now, racer254 said:

And guess what temperature reading the "experts" are using when compiling this data?  All to make it look like it is very HOT.

Here they use the reading at the MSP airport, which is ~5 miles from where my 98 was read, and ~10 miles north of me.