Check your account email address ×

Jason Aldean song being cancelled

11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well maybe that company should get to know who their customers  and audience are...just a thought. Instead of caving to the woke crowd

Bad move... no doubt about it,but hey, their choice:thumbsup:

Their choice indeed although the rest of your post sure sounds like you want them to do what you want.  That is the opposite of freedom and exactly what you don't like about the libs.  Keep being a hypocrite.

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Your smug liberal soy boy bonafides are noted.

Lol, says the guy highlighting his libtardiness in the thread.

Is their a prerequisite of everything being black or white if you are a magatard?

4 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Their choice indeed although the rest of your post sure sounds like you want them to do what you want.  That is the opposite of freedom and exactly what you don't like about the libs.  Keep being a hypocrite.

Is their a prerequisite of everything being black or white if you are a magatard?

Libtardiness?  Hey I couldn't be more pleased.  CMT is taking it on the chin over this, and many other country stars are standing in solidarity with Aldean.  All the woke bullshit and cancel culture tactics are getting thrown right back in their faces.  Works for me.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yup...Bud light had that freedom as well......another who didn't realize who their customer base was. Didn't work out too well. Bad decisions sometimes come with freedom.  Oh well

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Poor Deepfaggot.   Still doesn't understand shit.

Remember back in the day when musician actually wrote good music and entertained instead of using their talent as a platform for politics? Back when music was good and not this shit they put out nowadays. That was good times, now they feel they should use their influence in politics. What's worse is the sheep that eat it up.

STFU and just sing FFS, leave the politics out of it.

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

Remember back in the day when musician actually wrote good music and entertained instead of using their talent as a platform for politics? Back when music was good and not this shit they put out nowadays. That was good times, now they feel they should use their influence in politics. What's worse is the sheep that eat it up.

Yet when Hollywood and the woke musicians were spinning their narratives you didn't say shit. 

Now that the right is fighting back you want to call them out.

Go fuck yourself moron. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HSR said:

Remember back in the day when musician actually wrote good music and entertained instead of using their talent as a platform for politics 

You didn’t live through the 60 and early 70 i take it 

Edited by toslow

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

You didn’t live through the 60 and early 70 i take it 

I'm not Woolie's age :lol: Let's keep it to the last 50 years :thumb:

Were the videos political then:dunno:

17 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nope. That was way before my time. 
I think Elvis was the first musician to be victim of the cancel culture. Music has always represented the counter culture in America until recently. 

I do remember when people would like a song or not and not give any thoughts to the lyrics. Maybe a little ahead of its time. Weird that he would later yell at other people for not embracing the media hysteria. :news:

8C9E00E0-433E-42A1-B359-1C65E1033B0B.jpeg

I just feel when celebrities/entertainers use their stature to push their beliefs they are overstepping. Stick to what made you famous and it wasn't their politics. 

Heck I cancelled Tom Cruise after his rant on TV jumping up and down on a couch and preaching scientology. No use for the man now. I just think different than most I guess :dunno:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I just feel when celebrities/entertainers use their stature to push their beliefs they are overstepping. Stick to what made you famous and it wasn't their politics. 

Heck I cancelled Tom Cruise after his rant on TV jumping up and down on a couch and preaching scientology. No use for the man now. I just think different than most I guess :dunno:

Where the fucck have you been.  That's the entire msm narrative you dumb fuck.:lol:

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Cold War said:

I do remember when people would like a song or not and not give any thoughts to the lyrics. Maybe a little ahead of its time. Weird that he would later yell at other people for not embracing the media hysteria. :news:

8C9E00E0-433E-42A1-B359-1C65E1033B0B.jpeg

Ya a shit load of music is political and has been for decades. Rage against the machine is the band that comes to mind for me that was big when I was growing up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

You don’t understand the pushback and why, at this point?  You don’t understand who Laura Ingraham was writing about 20 years ago when she wrote “Shut up and Sing”?   Not surprised.

3 hours ago, HSR said:

:lol:

standing-ovation.gif

download.jpeg.jpg

Hey you’re the one who made bet.  You made a dumb statement.  Be better.

2 hours ago, HSR said:

I'm not Woolie's age :lol: Let's keep it to the last 50 years :thumb:

Were the videos political then:dunno:

You’re 10 years younger and have a typical mindset of a retiree on a fixed income.  10 years ago I was still racing motocross, you sit in a rocking chair on your front porch:lol: 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

I do remember when people would like a song or not and not give any thoughts to the lyrics.

This is what I'm talking about, when growing up and partying we listened to music to have a good time and enjoy it.The Cars, Tom Petty, Boston, Skynrd, Red Rider the list goes on and it was because we liked the music not the message it was trying to portray. I may be narrow minded due to the genre of music we listened to.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

This is what I'm talking about, when growing up and partying we listened to music to have a good time and enjoy it.The Cars, Tom Petty, Boston, Skynrd, Red Rider the list goes on and it was because we liked the music not the message it was trying to portray. I may be narrow minded due to the genre of music we listened to.

I'll give credit where credit is due ... some good tunes played by those bands.  But you're forgetting Van Halen (more so with Sammy than DLR)  

Oops just remembered, I may have lied a bit. Back in the early 90's I was throwing a house party after the town street dance, about 75 people in the house, more in the yard, cops at either end of the street and I had Fight for Your Right cranking through the 901's and EVERYONE was arms in the air singing the song, inside and out. Cops actually found it funny!!! So the Beastie Boys need some credit.

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

People just didn’t read into lyrics and get hurt.  Brown sugar, under my thumb???? Cmon man.  They used to play GNR one in a million on the radio. :lol: It would cause convulsions today.  John cougar was a very political guy, just no one understood the lyrics.  Pink houses, blood on the scarecrow. 

20 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Ya a shit load of music is political and has been for decades. Rage against the machine is the band that comes to mind for me that was big when I was growing up.

Yeah, he’s another one .  Went from fuck you I wont do what they tell me to ……we should do what they tell us!!!!! 🙄

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cold War said:

People just didn’t read into lyrics and get hurt.  Brown sugar, under my thumb???? Cmon man.  They used to play GNR one in a million on the radio. :lol: It would cause convulsions today.  John cougar was a very political guy, just no one understood the lyrics.  Pink houses, blood on the scarecrow. 

38 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Those songs were hits for their musical merit not the message and it was a subtle message and then people loved musicians for the music they provided not the message they are trying to sell.They didn't need controversy.

I recall U2 getting cancelled for trying to push their politics.

9 minutes ago, HSR said:

Those songs were hits for their musical merit not the message and it was a subtle message and then people loved musicians for the music they provided not the message they are trying to sell.They didn't need controversy.

I recall U2 getting cancelled for trying to push their politics.

Sometimes a song is just a song and a movie is just a movie. :dunno: