Check your account email address ×

Repo’s rising

49 minutes ago, Snake said:

Wife has had me stopping, looking at trucks.

What the fuck are they smoking, $50k plus for a fucking XLT....

Not sure, but at least your wife has brains.  Need at least one in every couple or you are fucked.

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Not sure, but at least your wife has brains.  Need at least one in every couple or you are fucked.

Yes, she was smart enough not to get jabbed and told the government to screw.

Glad you can recognize smarts, sad you don't use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a question.  If you buy an EV that qualifies for a 7500 tax credit, and it gets repossessed, do you still get the tax credit?  I think anyone can see where I am going with this.  If you can get away with it, buy an EV, get the 7500, then let it get repossessed without one payment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I have a question.  If you buy an EV that qualifies for a 7500 tax credit, and it gets repossessed, do you still get the tax credit?  I think anyone can see where I am going with this.  If you can get away with it, buy an EV, get the 7500, then let it get repossessed without one payment.

Wife says as long as you have the vehicle thru the end of the year you are filing your taxes you can take the credit.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

Good financial planning. Go try that and report back how it works out. 

• Haha 4

RV lots up here are bursting at the seams.

Bought at a premium I suppose and the market isn't there anymore.

There will be a bloodletting at some point at the wholesale level.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, racer254 said:

Lol why would anyone with good enough credit to buy a new car go through all that for 7,500 bucks.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Lol why would anyone with good enough credit to buy a new car go through all that for 7,500 bucks.

Criminals do all sorts of things for peanuts.  Why would someone rob a convenience store for 500 bucks?

Edited by racer254

• Gold Member

Tax credit only applies if you have enough tax obligations to cover the credit.  That eliminates the overwhelming majority of Americans from getting the EV tax credit or most from getting the full tax credit. Very few Americans have enough obligation to take advantage of the tax credit

Edited by BOHICA

Lots of new stuff bought at or above premium during Covid. It’s all coming to a head PLUS many don’t need 2 new vehicles as many are working from home.

Sleds are starting to take a hit too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voodoo said:

RV lots up here are bursting at the seams.

Bought at a premium I suppose and the market isn't there anymore.

There will be a bloodletting at some point at the wholesale level.

I don't get it either.  Same here in CT.  So much inventory, and I am just not seeing them move off the lots very fast.  Resort towns along the coast seem a lot quieter around here too this summer.  Consumer Discretionary sector allegedly is still thriving, I'm not seeing it here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

That is in Canada. Northern NB 

Look at prices in southern Ontario 

base model sierra with steel wheels and base trim is starting at 61

Edited by toslow