Check your account email address ×

Another day, another Stop Ride for Polaris ... where's Krom??!?!? LOL

Ahhhh ... gotta love receiving these emails:

Chris,

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected owners of Model Year 2022-2024 MATRYX snowmobiles equipped with PATRIOT 650 and PATRIOT 850 engines because of an increased risk of primary (drive) clutch failure due to post cracking. The failure can cause the clutch or clutch components to be separated from the unit, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers. Our records show you have purchased an affected vehicle. Polaris has informed the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the issue.

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Snowmobile with VIN SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx affected by Safety Recall S-23-06.

Polaris is currently evaluating a repair for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail (and email). This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you.

Owner Next Steps:

• DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE until this safety recall has been completed by your dealer.
  • Visit our Product Safety Recall web page to verify if your snowmobile is impacted by this safety recall. Search for the model or vehicle identification number (VIN) on the site to confirm.
  • Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done by an authorized Polaris dealer. Your local dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator web page.
  • Your Polaris dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, but you may also contact our Polaris Owners Connections Department at 1-800-765-2747 to speak with a representative.

We will keep you updated on our next steps and apologize for the inconvenience. Polaris assures you that we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being a Polaris owner.

-Polaris Snowmobiles

getting close to 7k on mine about due for new clutch!!

Makes me wonder when she's going to self destruct!!!

They making any money on these things with all the recalls???

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Ahhhh ... gotta love receiving these emails:

Chris,

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected owners of Model Year 2022-2024 MATRYX snowmobiles equipped with PATRIOT 650 and PATRIOT 850 engines because of an increased risk of primary (drive) clutch failure due to post cracking. The failure can cause the clutch or clutch components to be separated from the unit, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers. Our records show you have purchased an affected vehicle. Polaris has informed the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the issue.

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Snowmobile with VIN SNxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx affected by Safety Recall S-23-06.

Polaris is currently evaluating a repair for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail (and email). This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you.

Owner Next Steps:

• DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE until this safety recall has been completed by your dealer.
  • Visit our Product Safety Recall web page to verify if your snowmobile is impacted by this safety recall. Search for the model or vehicle identification number (VIN) on the site to confirm.
  • Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done by an authorized Polaris dealer. Your local dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator web page.
  • Your Polaris dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, but you may also contact our Polaris Owners Connections Department at 1-800-765-2747 to speak with a representative.

We will keep you updated on our next steps and apologize for the inconvenience. Polaris assures you that we are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being a Polaris owner.

-Polaris Snowmobiles

Didn't the 800's have these clutch issues few years back?

8 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Didn't the 800's have these clutch issues few years back?

I don't remember an official recall, but yes ... my 2016 Pro-X was affected by the ring gear letting loose.  And it seemed like a lot of guys were claiming they were seeing the same thing.

I plan to treat it the same as the fuel recall.  I'm riding, even if the dealer doesn't have the fix ready.  And if my clutch explodes, I guess that's on me and I'll be SOL

Just checked Vin that I received in the email and the recall effects my 2022 XCR that is getting traded in but not my 2023 VR1

Polaris has determined that some Model Year 2022-2024 MATRYX Snowmobiles equipped with PATRIOT 650 & PATRIOT 850 engines can have an increased risk of primary (drive) clutch failure due to post cracking. The failure can cause the clutch or clutch components to be separated from the unit, posing a potential injury hazard to consumers. 

Number of affected vehicles: approximately 13,000 units globally

Number of incidents: Polaris has identified 99 reports of clutch failure, including nine reports where the clutch components separated from the unit.

Edited by Doug

I haven't run my '23 VIN yet to see, but I'm hoping I'm in the same boat as @Doug with the newer sled being unaffected.  My '22 XCR is, and I haven't sold that yet - guess I may have to hold onto it a while longer.

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I haven't run my '23 VIN yet to see, but I'm hoping I'm in the same boat as @Doug with the newer sled being unaffected.  My '22 XCR is, and I haven't sold that yet - guess I may have to hold onto it a while longer.

Received an email from Polaris with the Vin number of the effected sled.  If you did not receive an email yet your sleds my not be effected.

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I plan to treat it the same as the fuel recall.  I'm riding, even if the dealer doesn't have the fix ready.  And if my clutch explodes, I guess that's on me and I'll be SOL

Yet you still have unabashed hatred/mocking for other manufacturers and riders of other manufacturers.  Even though you gladly put up with losing riding time or warranty from stop rides and all the trips back to the dealer.  On your super expensive new snowmobile.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yet you still have unabashed hatred/mocking for other manufacturers and riders of other manufacturers.  Even though you gladly put up with losing riding time or warranty from stop rides and all the trips back to the dealer.  On your super expensive new snowmobile.

I've not missed a ride yet :dunno:

• Like 1

This guy always seems to have the best explanation for stuff like this, but he hasn't posted anything in a few months:

I put the ADAPT clutch on my 21 Riot, and after a few reports of clutch covers cracking, it makes me wonder how many sleds will be down this year from all of these drive clutch issues.

I think they'll all work through the problems and we consumers will have been clutches because of it.  However, the situation might not be any fun for those affected this next season.

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I've got buddies who ride Cats ... in fact, there will be 3 new Catalyst sleds in our group next season.  So no, I don't have unabashed hatred for riders of other manufacturers.  Do I mock the ones who are blindly brand loyal?  Yep, I do - and that even includes Polaris guys.  And just to be clear, the only lost riding time I had was the slow delivery of my '22 snowcheck.  Well, technically my '23 too but I ended up buying a different sled instead of waiting for my '23 to show up.  I won't be losing riding time this season either as my '23 VR1 that I picked up in March isn't affected by the recall.  The only impact I have to deal with is, either waiting for the recall to be done before selling my '22 - or selling it to someone who knows it will need to be fixed.

Sorry that I don't fit your narrative :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Do I mock the ones who are blindly brand loyal?  Yep, I do -

Oooooooh the Irony...I remember a Cataholic douchbag named LabonteF7 who once thought the sun rose and set on the mothership in TRF... Your still softcore and free entertainment I see...Carry On...

3 hours ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

Oooooooh the Irony...I remember a Cataholic douchbag named LabonteF7 who once thought the sun rose and set on the mothership in TRF... Your still softcore and free entertainment I see...Carry On...

Holy shit?  You're still alive, MelroseMafia?  What'd they do, provide the community iPad at the nursing home for your to use?  I thought your Yamaha undies were bunched up too tight for you to frequent this place?!?!

• Haha 1

Oh boy some old school names getting thrown around :lolz:

When I was just a wee lad I recall seeing many regulars on HCS. I mostly just lurked at the time.... at the risk of derailing this thread, whatever happened to Big Fuse?!?!?

Edited by Premium

10 hours ago, Premium said:

Oh boy some old school names getting thrown around :lolz:

When I was just a wee lad I recall seeing many regulars on HCS. I mostly just lurked at the time.... at the risk of derailing this thread, whatever happened to Big Fuse?!?!?

Think he passed away.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:18 AM, Bontz said:

I've got buddies who ride Cats ... in fact, there will be 3 new Catalyst sleds in our group next season.  So no, I don't have unabashed hatred for riders of other manufacturers.  Do I mock the ones who are blindly brand loyal?  Yep, I do - and that even includes Polaris guys.  And just to be clear, the only lost riding time I had was the slow delivery of my '22 snowcheck.  Well, technically my '23 too but I ended up buying a different sled instead of waiting for my '23 to show up.  I won't be losing riding time this season either as my '23 VR1 that I picked up in March isn't affected by the recall.  The only impact I have to deal with is, either waiting for the recall to be done before selling my '22 - or selling it to someone who knows it will need to be fixed.

Sorry that I don't fit your narrative :thumbsup:

Unabashed hatred oozing from bontz as per usual 

On 7/14/2023 at 9:30 PM, Premium said:

..... whatever happened to Big Fuse?!?!?

14 hours ago, Doug said:

Think he passed away.

Yeah, Ed passed away a couple years ago.  He was as passionate as they come, as far as Polaris stuff goes.  And despite butting heads with him when he became so close with Brock, he's still a guy I would have been happy to share a beer with. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, Ed passed away a couple years ago.  He was as passionate as they come, as far as Polaris stuff goes.  And despite butting heads with him when he became so close with Brock, he's still a guy I would have been happy to share a beer with. 

Will be missed. ALS sucks!

On 7/15/2023 at 9:30 PM, Bontz said:

Fast Eddie, he would come around at least once a year and hang out at Wahl Bros, I'd always take him out for lunch, it was well worth the stories.