Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so nothing you can back up with facts or evidence?  :pc:

I’m not going to do the research for you. It’s an indisputable fact that clubs put on far more XC races than sno-x races. Prove me wrong. You can’t. Why do you think there is a drop in entires for sno-x? There is no feeder program into it. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I’m not going to do the research for you. It’s an indisputable fact that clubs put on far more XC races than sno-x races. Prove me wrong. You can’t. Why do you think there is a drop in entires for sno-x? There is no feeder program into it. 

I'd say club XC races is more of a Canada and Alaska thing.  

I have the "full" Alaska XC race schedule somewhere.  It is quite impressive, but it is a locals/club/town stuff.

Edit: 31+ races.

Edited by racinfarmer

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

so you can't or aren't willing to provide any factual information to back up your assertions? 

Midwest grassroots SnoX feeder series had nearly as many entries as ISOC did, not to mention all the Beatercross races.  

Hit us with some digits Iron Dakk 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, AK440 said:

The NBC news station carries daily coverage of the event on TV. :news:

let's see your obscured AK license plate and the previously requested sled pic.  no need to show the single wide trailer or stack of firewood in the background. 

;)

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

LH-1024x768.jpg

skid changes on the 2018... and that seems to be it.

https://snowgoer.com/latest-news/2024-arctic-cat-zr-6000-r-sx-details-released/31938/

Wow. Sno-x is soooo relevant that Cat isn’t even bothering to race their brand new chassis in that venue. Yet they are racing the Cataylist in COR cross country. Hmmm 🤔 

Must be that they aren’t too worried about the whole 23 people who subscribe to Flo to watch snoX. 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Wow. Sno-x is soooo relevant that Cat isn’t even bothering to race their brand new chassis in that venue. Yet they are racing the Cataylist in COR cross country. Hmmm 🤔 

Must be that they aren’t too worried about the whole 23 people who subscribe to Flo to watch snoX. 

seems they care enough about SX and COR to have sleds available to specific racers...

post that pic yet?

have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family in Minnesota

19 hours ago, AK440 said:

Or because of their need to update the 2022s for season 22/23 because they couldn’t produce them in time for round one last year isr required them to wait a year  

How about the majority of the xc racers getting turned down for catalysts this year … 

• Like 2

ISR sounds like a bunch of fucktards. Cat/Textron is barely scraping by and could use all the publicity it can get. Racing could use all the publicity it can get from having more than just Poo and Doo race each other. Good to see the snowmobile industry working so well together to support the sport. :handjob:

If Textron had any brains (they don’t) they would’ve supported the Iron Dog by providing sleds to the teams. But it’s obvious they have zero faith their belt drive system could survive 2500 miles of XC racing. 

Edited by AK440
Spelling

19 hours ago, AK440 said:

ISR sounds like a bunch of fucktards. Cat/Textron is barely scraping by and could use all the publicity it can get. Racing could use all the publicity it can get from having more than just Poo and Doo race each other. Good to see the snowmobile industry working so well together to support the sport. :handjob:

If Textron had any brains (they don’t) they would’ve supported the Iron Dog by providing sleds to the teams. But it’s obvious they have zero faith their belt drive system could survive 2500 miles of XC racing. 

iron dog gets 0 publicity, the majority of sledders have no idea what it is. ..

Their major media outlet is  somebody's personal blog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

It'd be a waste.  Nobody gives a fuck about the iron dog.

the ID is a unique race and a test of man and machine, won't take that away... is it an event most sledders care about?  no.  they might care slightly more about SX and XC but some dudes on social media going up a hill doing a wheelie has taken attention away from all of them. 

• Sad 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:50 AM, krom said:

iron dog gets 0 publicity, the majority of sledders have no idea what it is. ..

Their major media outlet is  somebody's personal blog

Twokeet the Native takes offense to your post. 

A002EEF6-C876-4999-90F2-8A72DA61BD0D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting locked in here for race weekend.  New Roku hooked up to the garage TV.  Should have all my parts here tomorrow.  Picked up shocks last weekend.  Finally found the Lynx service manual online so I can look up things like toque specs and how to change the spark plugs.  Never even had the hood off this sled!

This is all that needed to come off to remove the shocks.  I'll put the big boy rear spring on when it goes back together.

image.thumb.png.59337abbfb93f642fa2a90d897517306.png

• Like 1