Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sorry Sandy Vajayjay... I have bigger fish to fry than you.  

I'll revisit this the eighth or ninth time you whine about it. ;)

Does FloSports give you a discount on your subscription since only 1/2 the OEM’s still race in sno-x? 

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

What is sno-x contributing to consumer sleds? Polaris doesn’t race what they sell in the showroom. Ski-Doo uses a specialized and beefed up version of their consumer chassis and then doesn’t even sell their “race replica” with the same parts the sno-x sled has. Cat didn’t need sno-x to create the Cataylist so…. what is sno-x contributing exactly? 

A couple things developed on the snocross track now found on the Catalyst off the top of my head:

Ratio steering (Cat)

Slide-action skidframe (Cat)

Widely spaced a-arms & tall spindles (Cat)

Rider forward ergos (Doo)

None of the 4 things you listed are recent innovations. They all date back 10-20+ years. The biggest one with rider forward debuted in Duluth in November ‘01 on the REV mod sleds. Now they don’t even allow mod sleds since ‘17. 

That’s my point, current day sno-x is contributes nothing towards the advancement of consumer sleds. 

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Does FloSports give you a discount on your subscription since only 1/2 the OEM’s still race in sno-x? 

no.

they also cover all the MIRA races as well.  do you hate that type of racing too? 

:news:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

18 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no.

they also cover all the MIRA races as well.  do you hate that type of racing too? 

:news:

WTF is MIRA? Sounds like some ovally nonsense even fewer people care about. 

What’s that FLOSports subscription run anyway? Must be pretty spendy carrying such exclusive content like 2 brands and 10 pros competing on snowmobiles. Is it ad free or do you have to sit through the big time, mom & pop local trucking ads? 

4 hours ago, AK440 said:

WTF is MIRA? Sounds like some ovally nonsense even fewer people care about. 

What’s that FLOSports subscription run anyway? Must be pretty spendy carrying such exclusive content like 2 brands and 10 pros competing on snowmobiles. Is it ad free or do you have to sit through the big time, mom & pop local trucking ads? 

where can one see COR and Iron Dog racing? 

https://www.floracing.com/

https://www.flosports.tv/ 

I think it's like $107 for a year.  I also enjoy watching other forms of racing, bull riding, bowling and competitive ribbon dancing with the app.  

#winning :thumbsup:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I think it's like $107 for a year.  I also enjoy watching other forms of racing, bull riding, bowling and competitive ribbon dancing with the app.  

that's a new one..  something you always wanted to do, or have you gotten to dirty old man age?¬¬

how about college, or pro women's beach volleyball?

th-2408617408.jpg.789055aedaf0d0664b8dcdb08948f79a.jpg

th-3942010628.jpg.b95eaba23559d14721d22229b754b2bd.jpg

Edited by krom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, krom said:

that's a new one..  something you always wanted to do, or have you gotten to dirty old man age?¬¬

how about college, or pro women's beach volleyball?

th-2408617408.jpg.789055aedaf0d0664b8dcdb08948f79a.jpg

th-3942010628.jpg.b95eaba23559d14721d22229b754b2bd.jpg

former competitor and state champion here bud... ;) 🏆

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Have you heard of this new thing called YouTube? It’s free and the COR and Iron Dog races are a posted on that site. The bummer is you don’t get to see the big name, sponsor commercials like Larry’s Furniture Barn in downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Did you know he’s always got low, low prices? 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 11:09 PM, AK440 said:

None of the 4 things you listed are recent innovations. They all date back 10-20+ years. The biggest one with rider forward debuted in Duluth in November ‘01 on the REV mod sleds. Now they don’t even allow mod sleds since ‘17. 

That’s my point, current day sno-x is contributes nothing towards the advancement of consumer sleds. 

Wasn't rmotion developed on track?

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

I don’t know what brings me more joy? Watching sno-x circle the toilet faster and faster every year or your pathetic attempts to defend its “popularity”. 

defending it?  maybe, maybe not.

it's far more popular than the Iron Dog though... and Cross Country, but not your mom.  :)

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

defending it?  maybe, maybe not.

it's far more popular than the Iron Dog though... and Cross Country, but not your mom.  :)

Cross country racing is way more popular across the US and Canada than sno-x. There are a ton more local XC races across the snow belt than sno-x. 

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Cross country racing is way more popular across the US and Canada than sno-x. There are a ton more local XC races across the snow belt than sno-x. 

can you back that up with numbers?  :pc: