Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

44 minutes ago, AK440 said:

That’ll definitely be super relevant for sales and marketing. It’s just a win win for Cat as snocross has all those big time sponsors like a trucking company I never heard of and a car dealership. I’m like whoa! This is a big time operation. And the price money, hot damn! Some people can win $100 if they place.

funny

repetitive, but funny 

ERX has a busy schedule for winter... :news:

Winter action returns to ERX Motor Park in Elk River, Minnesota with a full-calendar of Grassroots, the Midwest Ride-in, Ditchbanger, Learn-2-Ride clinic, and the ERX Snocross National from December through March. Since the first day the park opened, winter has always found a home at ERX, and this year the ERX crew is ready to make it the best one yet.

What's Next @ ERX: Winter Preview '23 (mailchi.mp)

On 9/16/2023 at 12:09 PM, AK440 said:

That’ll definitely be super relevant for sales and marketing. It’s just a win win for Cat as snocross has all those big time sponsors like a trucking company I never heard of and a car dealership. I’m like whoa! This is a big time operation. And the price money, hot damn! Some people can win $100 if they place.

Yup cause no one has heard of the US Airforce or Amsoil...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

Hard to figure why this guy has such a hard on against snox. If he hates it so bad why click on the thread? Probably failed to ever transfer or too many LCQ's is my guess. Should have had Northstar clutching.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Hard to figure why this guy has such a hard on against snox. If he hates it so bad why click on the thread? Probably failed to ever transfer or too many LCQ's is my guess. Should have had Northstar clutching.

Sno cross is so dead that Sno cross hasn’t even herd of NSP clutching and the automatic wins it will give you. 

11 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Yeah, snowmobiles are the first thing that I associate with the USAF. 🙄 Amsoil… uh huh, the same brand I can buy in a grocery store. :lol2:

10 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

The sno-x sleds have zero influence or association with consumer sleds. Maybe the OEM’s would lower the prices on consumer sleds if they weren’t giving away free sleds to sno-x teams. There is no point to this class of racing anymore. 

3 hours ago, AK440 said:

Yeah, snowmobiles are the first thing that I associate with the USAF. 🙄 Amsoil… uh huh, the same brand I can buy in a grocery store. :lol2:

The sno-x sleds have zero influence or association with consumer sleds. Maybe the OEM’s would lower the prices on consumer sleds if they weren’t giving away free sleds to sno-x teams. There is no point to this class of racing anymore. 

They can’t lower their prices. If they could they would 

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

By that logic no reason for any racing....and all I have to say is fuck that!

especially the Iron Dog

talk about sponsors no one has ever heard of?   

Two guys no one has ever heard of sponsored by Uncle Ted's General Store and Bait Shop in Bumblefuck AK and Wally's Moose Jerky Treats.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

especially the Iron Dog

Two guys no one has ever heard of sponsored by Uncle Ted's General Store and Bait Shop in Bumblefuck AK and Wally's Moose Jerky Treats.

Because all the big name sponsors spend their budget on the gd soo. Everyone has their garbage skidoos hauled away by GFL and uses Alta to rent a skid steer to load them in the gfl truck 

• Confused 1

On 9/18/2023 at 5:43 PM, Deephaven said:

By that logic no reason for any racing....and all I have to say is fuck that!

I didn’t say that. Cross country racing and hillclimb are totally relatable to the consumer sleds available in showrooms.

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

especially the Iron Dog

Try harder. Wits not difficult to find the actual sponsors of the Iron Dog. 

Are you mad that Cat has no presence in the ID because their 600 has proven to be wholly unreliable in the cold temps since they can’t get the mapping right? 

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

I didn’t say that. Cross country racing and hillclimb are totally relatable to the consumer sleds available in showrooms.

Exactly what you said.

On 9/18/2023 at 8:40 PM, AK440 said:

The sno-x sleds have zero influence or association with consumer sleds....There is no point to this class of racing anymore. 

NHRA, Nascar, F1, etc. have nothing to do with consumer cars so there is no point in their class of racing anymore.  Exactly what you said.  Fucking dumb as shit.  

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Exactly what you said.

NHRA, Nascar, F1, etc. have nothing to do with consumer cars so there is no point in their class of racing anymore.  Exactly what you said.  Fucking dumb as shit.  

Reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit is it? 

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

Try harder. Wits not difficult to find the actual sponsors of the Iron Dog. 

Are you mad that Cat has no presence in the ID because their 600 has proven to be wholly unreliable in the cold temps since they can’t get the mapping right? 

well, while I have no disdain for the National Guard... same analogy applies.    imo all forms of racing are beneficial for sled development, aside from water cross.  :lol:

why would I be mad?  isn't half the race on tundra mud?  zero Cat's in the race certainly doesn't make the brand look good though... to the 83 people who care about it.

Cross country and the iron dog are great development strategies for companies in durability/engineering. but it offers ZERO marketing value which is what exposes the sleds and in turn makes money.

Argue it all you want but ROI on the iron dog and cc racing when you see 5% of the track as a spectator vs 10s of thousands of people seeing the sleds up close and the entire track being visible is whats going to gain a company exposure in advertising. 

Hill climb, Ovals (despite it paining me to even mention ovals because no one makes a fucking 440 anymore) and Snocross are the best exposure to snowmobiling in competition form due to is visibility.

it still doesnt stop the companies from pulling marketing money away to put it in a less seasonal market like SXS. Junior from polaris (who runs all of the race dept for polaris) said his budget was getting reduced drastically in snowmobiling because its too seasonal and Polaris sees it. Its not a snocross thing but a snowmobile thing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Cross country and the iron dog are great development strategies for companies in durability/engineering. but it offers ZERO marketing value which is what exposes the sleds and in turn makes money.

Argue it all you want but ROI on the iron dog and cc racing when you see 5% of the track as a spectator vs 10s of thousands of people seeing the sleds up close and the entire track being visible is whats going to gain a company exposure in advertising. 

Hill climb, Ovals (despite it paining me to even mention ovals because no one makes a fucking 440 anymore) and Snocross are the best exposure to snowmobiling in competition form due to is visibility.

it still doesnt stop the companies from pulling marketing money away to put it in a less seasonal market like SXS. Junior from polaris (who runs all of the race dept for polaris) said his budget was getting reduced drastically in snowmobiling because its too seasonal and Polaris sees it. Its not a snocross thing but a snowmobile thing.

you forgot the GdamnSOO... ;)

8 hours ago, fortune46x said:

you left drag racing off the list of sports that has great visibility of the sleds, and makes it easy to see who won

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, krom said:

you left drag racing off the list of sports that has great visibility of the sleds, and makes it easy to see who won

Absolutely , I forgot that all together but admittingly I cant remember the last time I watched a drag race ice, snow, asphalt or grass.

I actually watched the RMSHCA this winter on FLO , kind of slow paced but still was able to experience it from states away.

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

well, while I have no disdain for the National Guard... same analogy applies.    imo all forms of racing are beneficial for sled development, aside from water cross.  :lol:

why would I be mad?  isn't half the race on tundra mud?  zero Cat's in the race certainly doesn't make the brand look good though... to the 83 people who care about it.

What is sno-x contributing to consumer sleds? Polaris doesn’t race what they sell in the showroom. Ski-Doo uses a specialized and beefed up version of their consumer chassis and then doesn’t even sell their “race replica” with the same parts the sno-x sled has. Cat didn’t need sno-x to create the Cataylist so…. what is sno-x contributing exactly? 

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

What is sno-x contributing to consumer sleds? Polaris doesn’t race what they sell in the showroom. Ski-Doo uses a specialized and beefed up version of their consumer chassis and then doesn’t even sell their “race replica” with the same parts the sno-x sled has. Cat didn’t need sno-x to create the Cataylist so…. what is sno-x contributing exactly? 

putting copious amounts of sand in your vagina apparently.   :thumbsup: