Check your account email address ×

Snocross 2024

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

KC purchased everything from all finish - semi trailer, snow guns, groomer etc.  Kc already had all of this stuff but it was a package deal all or nothing and they wanted the trailer.

Considering in the glory days of snocross all you had was quadina and planet x , now you have the Klim compounds (planet x) Rc motorsports in wisconsin, northern power in michigan , and ERX for practice tracks (I know kc has a practice track as well but I dont know if its open to the public) , I'd say things are holding together just fine...

Kc has never had a pro rider that I am aware of, it was always Evan and a pro lite rider.

Makes since. Their current trailer they had/have for sale is pretty old. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Silly season sure is in full swing.

Ishol to Skogquist

Cottew to Thene (what does this do for the family team?)

Those are the two that stood out.

Cottew being Polaris and Polaris pulling funding having ramifications?   Going to be a lot of Doo's and lot less Poo's and Cat's on the track this year 

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cottew being Polaris and Polaris pulling funding having ramifications?   Going to be a lot of Doo's and lot less Poo's and Cat's on the track this year 

how can you have less cats on track than last year?

• Haha 3

Yurk is part of a new team, still on a Cat.  Talked with the folks at Thene and bought a few things, nice people.  Elias' old mechanic (didn't catch his name) showed me their rig and I got to BS a little bit with him about all the work he has to do after @fortune46x tears all his stuff apart.

Met Carl Schubitzke at the ISOC trailer.  Remember watching him race when I was in high school.  Sounds like there may be a few of us flagging in Duluth this year?

image.thumb.png.cb7659debef7c5af8ec1dc7623f8ec48.png

• Like 1

Summary of all the changes.  Good to see the talent from Pro Lite moving up to Pro this year.  Should make for some better racing.  Would be nice to get to the point they had to race their way into the Pro Final.

1. Elias Ishoel – newly signed with the Skogquist Race Team, departing Thene Motorsports.
  2. Emil Harr – staying with Judnick Racing Polaris on a new contract.
  3. Kody Kamm – newly signed with the Judnick Polaris team after the shutdown of Hentges Racing
  4. Hunter Patenaude – back with Scheuring Speed Sports.
  5. Francis Pelletier – newly signed to Thene Motorsports Ski-Doo, departing Warnert Racing.
  6. Adam Peterson – back with Team LaVallee Polaris
  7. Daniel Benham – Signed with Woodies after All Finish Racing shut down.
  8. Logan Christian – retired.
  9. Petter Narsa – Rumors are floating that he may not return to the U.S. Won’t be back with the Skogquist Race Team.
  10. Aki Pihlaja – No official word yet on his status. Competed for Green Mountain Ski-Doo team last year.
  11. Cole Cottew – Joining Thene Motorsports Ski-Doo team, leaving his family Cottew Racing Polaris effort.
  12. Travis Kern – Returning with Cottew Polaris team.
  13. Gustav Sahlsten – Signed with new Elite Motorsports Ski-Doo team after fill-in work with Green Mountain last year.
  14. John Malmstrom – After racing as a fill-in for an injured racer last year, there’s no official word on whether he’ll return to North America.
  15. Oskar Norum – Signed with KC Motorsports Polaris team after the shutdown of Hentges Racing. Was injured early last season.
  16. Jacob Yurk – Signed with Kyllo Racing Team Arctic after All Finish Racing shut down.

Other Notables

1. Jordan Lebel – Back with Warnert Racing Ski-Doo team but jumping up to the Pro class after dominating Pro Lite.
  2. Ryley Bester – Back with Team LaVallee Polaris team but jumping to Pro after finishing second to Lebel in Pro Lite.
  3. Evan Daudt – Turning Pro with Boss Racing/True North Motorsports (Ski-Doo) after racing Pro Lite for KC Motorsports in recent years.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Summary of all the changes.  Good to see the talent from Pro Lite moving up to Pro this year.  Should make for some better racing.  Would be nice to get to the point they had to race their way into the Pro Final.

1. Elias Ishoel – newly signed with the Skogquist Race Team, departing Thene Motorsports.
  2. Emil Harr – staying with Judnick Racing Polaris on a new contract.
  3. Kody Kamm – newly signed with the Judnick Polaris team after the shutdown of Hentges Racing
  4. Hunter Patenaude – back with Scheuring Speed Sports.
  5. Francis Pelletier – newly signed to Thene Motorsports Ski-Doo, departing Warnert Racing.
  6. Adam Peterson – back with Team LaVallee Polaris
  7. Daniel Benham – Signed with Woodies after All Finish Racing shut down.
  8. Logan Christian – retired.
  9. Petter Narsa – Rumors are floating that he may not return to the U.S. Won’t be back with the Skogquist Race Team.
  10. Aki Pihlaja – No official word yet on his status. Competed for Green Mountain Ski-Doo team last year.
  11. Cole Cottew – Joining Thene Motorsports Ski-Doo team, leaving his family Cottew Racing Polaris effort.
  12. Travis Kern – Returning with Cottew Polaris team.
  13. Gustav Sahlsten – Signed with new Elite Motorsports Ski-Doo team after fill-in work with Green Mountain last year.
  14. John Malmstrom – After racing as a fill-in for an injured racer last year, there’s no official word on whether he’ll return to North America.
  15. Oskar Norum – Signed with KC Motorsports Polaris team after the shutdown of Hentges Racing. Was injured early last season.
  16. Jacob Yurk – Signed with Kyllo Racing Team Arctic after All Finish Racing shut down.

Other Notables

1. Jordan Lebel – Back with Warnert Racing Ski-Doo team but jumping up to the Pro class after dominating Pro Lite.
  2. Ryley Bester – Back with Team LaVallee Polaris team but jumping to Pro after finishing second to Lebel in Pro Lite.
  3. Evan Daudt – Turning Pro with Boss Racing/True North Motorsports (Ski-Doo) after racing Pro Lite for KC Motorsports in recent years.

hence, 'silly season'

@krom posted the updated 2024 BRP SX beta in the Cat big bore thread.  looks like they just keep on moving forward while the green team is again on 2018's 

:(

link to Doo's new racer beta

https://www.freedomsledder.com/index.php?/topic/59690-new-cat-big-bore/&do=findComment&comment=1625084

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Didn't ask, figured I was already pushing my luck with a rig tour.

I'm surprised another team would take him on, short of coming with money.  He doesn't strike me as a pro class racer.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Probably money 

As in the old man isn't kicking out enough?

Or maybe another rider came with a better deal for the team and he was the odd one out at the end of it.

Edited by racinfarmer

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm surprised another team would take him on, short of coming with money.  He doesn't strike me as a pro class racer.

As in the old man isn't kicking out enough?

Or maybe another rider came with a better deal for the team and he was the odd one out at the end of it.

As far as someone made it cheaper to race than they could 

16 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Yurk is part of a new team, still on a Cat.  Talked with the folks at Thene and bought a few things, nice people.  Elias' old mechanic (didn't catch his name) showed me their rig and I got to BS a little bit with him about all the work he has to do after @fortune46x tears all his stuff apart.

Met Carl Schubitzke at the ISOC trailer.  Remember watching him race when I was in high school.  Sounds like there may be a few of us flagging in Duluth this year?

image.thumb.png.cb7659debef7c5af8ec1dc7623f8ec48.png

Ryan Duncan , great guy even though ill never admit it , crabby old bastard.

14 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Wonder why Cottew went to a different team?

My understanding was he rode the skidoo last year and really felt good on it and wanted to change, Jeff didn't or is still in contract with Polaris (I didnt ask) and Cole needed to do something he felt would give him a better shot at winning so he went to another team. Its not the end of the road of Cottew motorsports , there's no animosity between Jeff and Cole (his son) and he and Missy support Cole 100% in his new ride.

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Or, who's his wife racing for?

@fortune46x

Shes still with 13 motorsports.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I saw this when I got on facebag this morning

378327184_802533351877284_1858245360283163250_n.thumb.jpg.ce7623876528cdcccaf4837f4236eaa6.jpg

one single cat in pro open... in the glory days of snocross on top of it and 10 racers in a final..

is TH's sled in the pic rider forward or an ass dragger?  :roflcrying:

36 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

updated 2018's... again.

That’ll definitely be super relevant for sales and marketing. It’s just a win win for Cat as snocross has all those big time sponsors like a trucking company I never heard of and a car dealership. I’m like whoa! This is a big time operation. And the price money, hot damn! Some people can win $100 if they place.