Check your account email address ×

fellow Sconnies...

wtf is going on with deer carcasses hit by vehicles on the interstate being left for predation and not being cleaned up from the side of the road?  did I miss something? 

during lunch jumped on 51/39 North and smack dab in the middle of the left lane is a doe wadded up in a ball along with someone's driver side mirror. 

during my travels I've seen some particularly gross ones the crows and critters have been predating upon.  

• Gold Member

Short staffed maybe. See them here too but usually they get cleaned up or dragged in the woods. Monday I saw a big one in the break down lane left side of 89north little before turkey pond looked like it was dead for awhile. There was a dead deer off the side of the road all summer last year on the 101 on ramp in Milford by McDonald’s.

It's the liberal way of bitching about money so they just cut that part out of the budget to see if people will bitch so they start funding a $65k employee again to pick up deer carcass. They changed this a couple of years ago.  Don't bother me and it keeps the pita people crying.

I remember a few (Mabye many) years back on Hwy 29 over by Chippewa Falls, there were so many deer carcasses they brought a snow plow out to at least blow them off the shoulder into the ditch... 

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wtf is going on with deer carcasses hit by vehicles on the interstate being left for predation and not being cleaned up from the side of the road?  did I miss something? 

during lunch jumped on 51/39 North and smack dab in the middle of the left lane is a doe wadded up in a ball along with someone's driver side mirror. 

during my travels I've seen some particularly gross ones the crows and critters have been predating upon.  

You are supposed to pick it up and roast it up for dinner. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dsupercat said:

It's the liberal way of bitching about money so they just cut that part out of the budget to see if people will bitch so they start funding a $65k employee again to pick up deer carcass. They changed this a couple of years ago.  Don't bother me and it keeps the pita people crying.

I do know the responsibility transferred from the DNR to DOT when Walker was in office, but there's a lot of carcasses I've seen deep in the ditch that appear to have been there since he left.

58 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Means the deer population is up.  

so insightful... 

hopefully there's an uptick in wolves then as well. 

bet you have one of those yippy little lap dogs,  or a cat?  yeah, you come off as a cat person.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Been bad across the border also.

deer everywhere but at least they are getting picked up!!

took one out couple mornings ago!!

IMG_0449.jpeg

Did it shit all over your truck when you hit it??? Number 224 is on the boss’s shit list today lol

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Means the deer population is up.  

Or hunting is down, I know around here (just like sled registrations) is way down

Edited by Rigid1

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of traumatized flatland FIB children after this weekend that are going to need counciling if they don't start dragging the mayhem off the road tonight.

think of the children... 

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so insightful... 

hopefully there's an uptick in wolves then as well. 

bet you have one of those yippy little lap dogs,  or a cat?  yeah, you come off as a cat person.

It is.  I travel the entire state and my unscientific deer study is Highway 21 between Coloma and Tomah.  Road kill is noticeable by site and smell when the population is up.  

Allergic to cats. Two dogs 70 and 75 pounds.  

Anything else? 

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Or hunting is down, I know around here (just like sled registrations) is way down

Same here, used to see many, many Deer hunters each season, last 2-3 years have been less Hunters.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

It is.  I travel the entire state and my unscientific deer study is Highway 21 between Coloma and Tomah.  Road kill is noticeable by site and smell when the population is up.  

Allergic to cats. Two dogs 70 and 75 pounds.  

Anything else? 

shocked quite frankly... what kind of bulbs do you use for headlights to avoid them all? 

you still strike me as a cat person... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

shocked quite frankly... what kind of bulbs do you use for headlights to avoid them all? 

you still strike me as a cat person... 

OLED. It’s the next trend 

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Went through Pennsylvania on our way to Georgia last fall and counted over a dozen road kill deer.