Check your account email address ×

Trump flying high after indictment

• Platinum Contributing Member

Wow!

14% of GOP view Trump more favorably since the recent indictment....pulls further ahead of DeSantis.  Like I said...."he's got this"

Everyone sees this for what it is... it's a lock.. 🔒 and helping his cause.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-desantis-poll-indictment-yougov-b2356666.html

Overall in 2021, an average of 29% of Americans identified as Democrats, 27% as Republicans and 42% as independents. Roughly equal proportions of independents leaned to the Democratic Party (17%) and to the Republican Party (16%). 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx#:~:text=Overall in 2021%2C an average,Republicans and 42% as independents.

Trump can't win the independent vote in 2024 imo.  Biden doesn't deserve the independent vote in 2024 imo.  But if it comes down to these two knucklehead's again in 2024 we're likely going to get another four years of Biden... imo. 

Also imo, a large swath of that 42% don't want Biden or Trump in 2024

Math...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Someday you will understand how polls work and what statistics are....but obviously not yet.  

Why don't you explain it to all of us?  Tell us why no one has reading comprehension or context, instead of your regularly scheduled dismissal of all things you find uncomfortable, like someone who just lost an 8th grade debate team match?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Overall in 2021, an average of 29% of Americans identified as Democrats, 27% as Republicans and 42% as independents. Roughly equal proportions of independents leaned to the Democratic Party (17%) and to the Republican Party (16%). 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/political-party-preferences-shifted-greatly-during-2021.aspx#:~:text=Overall in 2021%2C an average,Republicans and 42% as independents.

Trump can't win the independent vote in 2024 imo.  Biden doesn't deserve the independent vote in 2024 imo.  But if it comes down to these two knucklehead's again in 2024 we're likely going to get another four years of Biden... imo. 

Also imo, a large swath of that 42% don't want Biden or Trump in 2024

Math...

:news:  Independent voters will have an open mind regarding the govt and this admin trying to go after an opponent.   Historically I'd say they question govt more so than anyone.   While I agree that independents always play a huge role in the election they also flip sides extremely easily.   Much more so than typical D or R voters.

https://www.marylandmatters.org/2023/06/14/poll-bidens-independent-voter-trouble-and-a-hypothetical-contest-against-wes-moore/

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-approval-rating-among-independents-alarming-democrats-1797483

A Fox News poll conducted among 1,004 registered voters from April 21 to 24 showed that just 37 percent of independents approved of the job Biden was doing, while 62 percent disapproved.

It was a similar picture in a CAPS-Harris poll carried out from April 18 to 19, which surveyed 1,845 registered voters. That survey found that Biden had a net approval of 38 percent among independents and a net disapproval of 58 percent.

Edited by Highmark

:lol:

Pissed he’s getting so much attention and support all while smiling. Hahahahahaha

Jake Tapper scolds CNN producers for showing Trump with Miami supporters: 'That is enough of that'

28 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Trump is done….but yeah send him some cash….lol

Do you have a bunker prepared... just in case?

Make it a 3 bedroom, there are a couple in here who would gladly pay some serious bank for the space....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:news:  Independent voters will have an open mind regarding the govt and this admin trying to go after an opponent.   Historically I'd say they question govt more so than anyone.   While I agree that independents always play a huge role in the election they also flip sides extremely easily.   Much more so than typical D or R voters.

https://www.marylandmatters.org/2023/06/14/poll-bidens-independent-voter-trouble-and-a-hypothetical-contest-against-wes-moore/

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-biden-approval-rating-among-independents-alarming-democrats-1797483

A Fox News poll conducted among 1,004 registered voters from April 21 to 24 showed that just 37 percent of independents approved of the job Biden was doing, while 62 percent disapproved.

It was a similar picture in a CAPS-Harris poll carried out from April 18 to 19, which surveyed 1,845 registered voters. That survey found that Biden had a net approval of 38 percent among independents and a net disapproval of 58 percent.

neither Trump or Biden have done anything terribly appealing to independent and moderate voters since 2021 imo.  an issue as I foresee for the R's is that while Biden may attempt to run to the middle to win over enough moderates and independents, Trump absolutely will not.  his appeal to people like myself and others I converse with has actually gotten worse since 2020.  the majority of these folks also loathe the prospect of a rematch of these two.  as I've said previously and imo, the best path for the R's to take the presidency, keep the house and even have a chance at the senate is to dump Trump and nominate a moderate to defeat Biden.  the only players in the field I see filling that more moderate role in the current primary field would be Haley, Hutchinson or Christie.  at the moment, I don't see them taking out Trump or Desantis as the overall tone of the republican electorate has seemingly shifted further to the far right.  

in my opinion...

39 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

neither Trump or Biden have done anything terribly appealing to independent and moderate voters since 2021 imo.  an issue as I foresee for the R's is that while Biden may attempt to run to the middle to win over enough moderates and independents, Trump absolutely will not.  his appeal to people like myself and others I converse with has actually gotten worse since 2020.  the majority of these folks also loathe the prospect of a rematch of these two.  as I've said previously and imo, the best path for the R's to take the presidency, keep the house and even have a chance at the senate is to dump Trump and nominate a moderate to defeat Biden.  the only players in the field I see filling that more moderate role in the current primary field would be Haley, Hutchinson or Christie.  at the moment, I don't see them taking out Trump or Desantis as the overall tone of the republican electorate has seemingly shifted further to the far right.  

in my opinion...

A lot can happen between now and the election.   One real wildcard is the 1023 on Biden and bribing.   If and that's a big if something serious would come from that the dems are in a huge dilemma.  It may force Biden to withdraw his candidacy.  Is Kamala willing to not run which I don't believe she will be because I for sure don't think she can win.  If she is I think Gavin Newsome becomes a very dangerous candidate to the GOP and to America in general.  I still think much of it comes down to economic conditions come election time.   Independents vote with their wallet over other issues more so than hardline D or R's.  Take the plandemic recession away and I still firmly believe Trump wins in a landslide in 2020.        

Edited by Highmark

31 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

in my opinion...

What a load of bullshit. Some of Trump's policies/changes were fantastic for biz owners, especially tax changes. Democrats can't stand small business and a perfect example of that is the current Employee Retention Credit. The Democrat fuck stains didn't include businesses that are sole proprietors in the ERC and alot of people who are independents are biz owners. Biden admin. fucked sole proprietors on that one, now explain to me how Biden is trying to win over independents? Fuck Democrats......scum of the earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

A lot can happen between now and the election.   One real wildcard is the 1023 on Biden and bribing.   If and that's a big if something serious would come from that the dems are in a huge dilemma.  It may force Biden to withdraw his candidacy.  Is Kamala willing to not run which I don't believe she will be because I for sure don't think she can win.  If she is I think Gavin Newsome becomes a very dangerous candidate to the GOP and to America in general.  I still think much of it comes down to economic conditions come election time.   Independents vote with their wallet over other issues more so than hardline D or R's.  Take the plandemic recession away and I still firmly believe Trump wins in a landslide in 2020.        

I'd tend to agree with the majority of your statement aside from the Trump 2020 aspect.  As I see it we all lose if Trump or Biden is elected again.  

Much to do with the economy and inflation has more to do with the federal reserve actions than it does with who's sitting in the oval office.  We'll see what Jerome does today.  One thing I have been happy to hear from a few candidates is discussion around the solvency and future of social security and medicare.  Economics and future funding (taxes) must be part of the debate for 2024 as financial uncertainty drives voters to vote one direction or the other as well.  

9 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What a load of bullshit. Some of Trump's policies/changes were fantastic for biz owners, especially tax changes. Democrats can't stand small business and a perfect example of that is the current Employee Retention Credit. The Democrat fuck stains didn't include businesses that are sole proprietors in the ERC and alot of people who are independents are biz owners. Biden admin. fucked sole proprietors on that one, now explain to me how Biden is trying to win over independents? Fuck Democrats......scum of the earth.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952a495ef61352461bcd

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

😉🤣

We'll see.... If he gets a fraction of those things accomplished,it's still better than the alternatives

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'd tend to agree with the majority of your statement aside from the Trump 2020 aspect.  As I see it we all lose if Trump or Biden is elected again.  

Much to do with the economy and inflation has more to do with the federal reserve actions than it does with who's sitting in the oval office.  We'll see what Jerome does today.  One thing I have been happy to hear from a few candidates is discussion around the solvency and future of social security and medicare.  Economics and future funding (taxes) must be part of the debate for 2024 as financial uncertainty drives voters to vote one direction or the other as well.  

Bullshit, there's no way Trump will be worse than the pile of excrement that currently resides in the WH.

More bullshit :lmao:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

As always the choice comes down to who is better/worse and in our current system that likely will mean between Biden or Trump.   IMHO that's an easy call when looking straight at the policies.  Biden is much worse for the country.   

16 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Bullshit, there's no way Trump will be worse than the pile of excrement that currently resides in the WH.

More bullshit :lmao:

please stop foaming at the mouth 

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

As always the choice comes down to who is better/worse and in our current system that likely will mean between Biden or Trump.   IMHO that's an easy call when looking straight at the policies.  Biden is much worse for the country.   

it will also depend upon the house and senate.  if Trump would happen to win but dem's took both houses he'd be a lame duck or have to attempt everything possible under executive order.  lot of possible scenarios could come into play there.  to accomplish his goals of 'draining the swamp' he's not going to be able to accomplish any of what he claims without both houses and overwhelming support, which he's unlikely to get as the far right of either house isn't comprised of a majority of far right actors.  he was unable to accomplish it from 2016-2020 and I suspect he'd have less chance doing it in another single four year term.  most of what Trump says and claims is primarily appealing to the unintelligent an uneducated.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

please stop foaming at the mouth 

it will also depend upon the house and senate.  if Trump would happen to win but dem's took both houses he'd be a lame duck or have to attempt everything possible under executive order.  lot of possible scenarios could come into play there.  to accomplish his goals of 'draining the swamp' he's not going to be able to accomplish any of what he claims without both houses and overwhelming support, which he's unlikely to get as the far right of either house isn't comprised of a majority of far right actors.  he was unable to accomplish it from 2016-2020 and I suspect he'd have less chance doing it in another single four year term.  most of what Trump says and claims is primarily appealing to the unintelligent an uneducated.

Well when you shit out of your mouth, you're going to get called out on it. It's habitual with you.

More bullshit, only emotional libtards like yourself concentrate on his words. Intelligent people concentrate on his policies/actions. 

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Well when you shit out of your mouth, you're going to get called out on it. It's habitual with you.

More bullshit, only emotional libtards like yourself concentrate on his words. Intelligent people concentrate on his policies/actions. 

I'd hardly call him a liberal. He's not a Trumper nor am I. We are smart enough to know Trump isn't the answer.

• Like 2