Check your account email address ×

Motorcycle rider deaths are out of control

4 deaths in 4 accidents in the last week in my little state. 2 caused by speed, one caused by a driver in a truck fleeing a traffic stop and one by apparently someone texting while driving who crossed the center line and head on into the biker. Fuck me guys, please be careful and ride defensively! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If bikes weren't so easy to purchase there wouldn't be so many biker deaths.  They should probably be banned. 

Way too many biker deaths from motorcycle violence, time to ban all assault motorcycles!!! :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, toslow said:

Should be graduating cc,s along with licenses.

Should not be allowed to buy a litre bike on a new license 

Should be the same thing for legal limit of alcohol. Why should I be subjected to a .08 when I can drive better than most while I’m at a .18 but some 21 year old blonde college chick who shouldn’t be driving sober is allowed to have 3 white claws and drive legally even though she’s hammered at a .07?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Should be the same thing for legal limit of alcohol. Why should I be subjected to a .08 when I can drive better than most while I’m at a .18 but some 21 year old blonde college chick who shouldn’t be driving sober is allowed to have 3 white claws and drive legally even though she’s hammered at a .07?  

I have a 30-40 minute commute everyday and 90% of the vehicles I pass people are looking at their phones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Buddy of mines daughter who thinks she's smarter than everyone, about 25 yrs old, never had a motorcycle, goes out and buys a brand new Sportster.  Within a week, she fails to negotiate a corner (cuz they handle like fuck and she has no skills), and slams her unhelmeted body into a granite curb.  That one cost her a week in the hospital, a kidney and her spleen, along with a sweet scar she'll have for the rest of her life.  I've owned motorcycles most of my life, and I generally avoid the street these days because of all the fucksticks looking at their phones or just not paying attention.

• Like 3

Around here, it's just as much about deer as it is distracted drivers.  I've considered a bike for years, just because my commute is about 80 miles round trip and the gas bill gets painful when gas prices are where they're at.  But that 40 mile stretch is mostly farm land and plenty of deer to deal with.  There's been several deaths around here the past couple years because of bike vs. deer accidents.

• Like 2

Lots of friends gave up riding or barely ride anymore too busy and too dangerous.  

Around here quite a few riders like to hug the double yellow lines, seems a stupid practice to me.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Only you can try to justify why it should be legal for you to drive drunk……..your a piece of work….lmao

• Gold Member

I gave up bikes 10 years ago between idiot drivers, wildlife and mostly my lack of self control I knew what the outcome would eventually be. I think about getting back into it often but it probably only be a dual sport to just bomb around the dirt roads and trails around here.

16 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Around here, it's just as much about deer as it is distracted drivers.  I've considered a bike for years, just because my commute is about 80 miles round trip and the gas bill gets painful when gas prices are where they're at.  But that 40 mile stretch is mostly farm land and plenty of deer to deal with.  There's been several deaths around here the past couple years because of bike vs. deer accidents.

I should have added animals too.  A deer got a buddy of ours some years back.  Guy was an enduro champ, and a top shelf rider.  Still killed him on his way to work one day.  I've had a few run out in front of me too, but thankfully I wasn't going very fast and was able to avoid them.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, 800renegaderider said:

I gave up bikes 10 years ago between idiot drivers, wildlife and mostly my lack of self control I knew what the outcome would eventually be. I think about getting back into it often but it probably only be a dual sport to just bomb around the dirt roads and trails around here.

I always avoid main thru fares when possible. I'll take my truck or suv for just going somewhere. Bike is for exploring.

• Like 3

Just now, 800renegaderider said:

I bought a 23 year old KTM enduro off a buddy of mine last year, low hour and he hadn't ridden it in 20 years.  Its perfect cuz all i do is putz around the farm roads and local trails with it.  Has electric start and a Rekcluse, a regular lazy mans trail bike.  I didn't pay much for it, so if I only ride it a few times a year, I don't feel like money is depreciating in the garage.  But it scratches the itch when I get it.  When I didn't have a bike in the garage, it was always itching.  Its street legal too if I wanna rip down to the gas station with it.

• Like 3

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I always avoid main thru fares when possible. I'll take my truck or suv for just going somewhere. Bike is for exploring.

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I bought a 23 year old KTM enduro off a buddy of mine last year, low hour and he hadn't ridden it in 20 years.  Its perfect cuz all i do is putz around the farm roads and local trails with it.  Has electric start and a Rekcluse, a regular lazy mans trail bike.  I didn't pay much for it, so if I only ride it a few times a year, I don't feel like money is depreciating in the garage.  But it scratches the itch when I get it.  When I didn't have a bike in the garage, it was always itching.  Its street legal too if I wanna rip down to the gas station with it.

Pretty much what I was thinking something little older, cheap and street legal. Plenty of dirt roads/class 6 roads and trails around here to explore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

A good portion of bikers are only 1 or 2 steps above EV drivers in their attitudes.

Theyre like cops 

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, Snake said:

A good portion of bikers are only 1 or 2 steps above EV drivers in their attitudes.

Maybe it's your attitude that sucks.

17 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Maybe it's your attitude that sucks.

Nah, pretty sure it's the 'look at me as I wind it to 12,000 rpm' on a city street/rev my Harley so I too can experience the sound of low horsepower.....

Now that I think of it... on par with EVs... :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Nah, pretty sure it's the 'look at me as I wind it to 12,000 rpm' on a city street/rev my Harley so I too can experience the sound of low horsepower.....

Now that I think of it... on par with EVs... :lol:

Says one BMW isn't enough guy.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Says one BMW isn't enough guy.

:lol:

I don't do any of the shit I just mentioned. I drive them no different than I would a pick up.

You don't get 20.4mpg out of an X5M driving like it was a Ninja 1100... :lol:

No such thing as too many BMWs.... one for winter driving, one for top down summering and one for taking cross country cause you don't have to work anymore....

Always looking for deal on an older enduro but even older ones pulling big $ now!!

like to hit north shore forest roads and trails!!lots of exploring to be done!

we hit a lot of them on atv but like to hit more of them and quicker with enduro!

too many guys getting killed around here on street bikes lately.hate to preach helmets but at least three I know of would be here today if wearing one!

nurses call them traveling organ donars!