Check your account email address ×

Stand back and stand by

31 minutes ago, Plissken said:

here's the free CNN version, because Fox didn't have anything up yet when I heard about it.  :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/04/politics/proud-boys-seditious-conspiracy-verdict/index.html

Text and Signal messages highlighted in the indictment suggest that Tarrio was preparing for a “revolution,” and reviewed documents that set forth a plan to occupy a few “crucial buildings” in Washington, including House and Senate office buildings around the Capitol. 

During the trial, using messages and videos posted by the defendants and other members of the group, prosecutors laid out the case that the Proud Boys, animated by Trump and his election lies after the 2020 defeat, began calling for violence and revolution against the incoming Biden presidency.

Members of the group saw Biden and others on the left as a threat to the country, according to prosecutors, and messaged one another about the need for “war,” “revolution,” and firing squads for traitors.

On January 6, 2021, prosecutors said, many of the defendants didn’t attend Trump’s speech that day but instead began a march to the Capitol.

Proud Boys were at the front lines of the mob on Capitol grounds and were there when the first barriers were breached. Prosecutors have alleged that leaders of the group riled members up and communicated with them, through hand signals, to move ahead.

After rioters had arrived at Senate wing doors of the Capitol building, Pezzola used a police riot shield he stole during the attack to break open a window, prosecutors said, which rioters entered the Capitol through.

Defense attorneys have argued that their clients never had a plan to storm the Capitol and stop the electoral college vote that day. The messages and videos show nothing more than stupid, vulgar rhetoric, defense attorneys said, hardly a seditious plot against the US government.

Often teetering into disarray with legal battles, evidentiary disputes, sealed hearings, countless calls for a mistrial and several shouting matches with the judge, the trial concluded Tuesday with the final closing arguments from defense counsel and federal prosecutors.

During the trial, jurors listened to testimony from multiple officers who defended the Capitol on January 6 as well as FBI agents who investigated the Proud Boys and testimony from several Proud Boys members including two of the defendants, none of whom said there was ever a specific plan to take the Capitol.

The countless delays, brought on by newly unveiled evidence and informants, a juror who believed they were being followed, and internecine squabbles among attorneys pushed a trial originally estimated to last five to seven weeks to stretch across four month. 

Etc.  

Great job Trump, Fox and Friends

I still fail to see any difference between the rioting on Jan 6th and many of the 500+ riots that occurred in the name of BLM. Federal buildings were firebombed...whole city blocks burned. The lack of prosecution of antifa radicals is astounding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

I still fail to see any difference between the rioting on Jan 6th and many of the 500+ riots that occurred in the name of BLM. Federal buildings were firebombed...whole city blocks burned. The lack of prosecution of antifa radicals is astounding. 

There is no difference except for the duration of the riots. Trump caused Jan 6th and democrats backed the BLM riots. Both sides should be held accountable. 

13 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Speaking of BLM and zero consequences…..

In April 2014, hundreds of BLM officers attempted to round up Bundy’s cattle, which had been grazing outside his ranch in Bunkerville even though he no longer held the grazing rights. Dozens of supporters drove in from other states to defend Bundy’s ranch, and in a pivotal confrontation, some perched on an Interstate 15 overpass with guns aimed at federal agents.

BLM called off the roundup, and several attempts to prosecute Bundy and his sons failed. Idaho man Todd Engel, who was sentenced to 14 years in prison for his role wielding a rifle, sued the federal government for $100 million in September 2021 after his case was dismissed.

But Cliven Bundy said he does not recognize any federal government oversight of county land, and continues to graze at least 500 cattle in the area.

19 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The building that was involved is the difference. Still not sure about the whole unarmed insurrection or why they didn’t burn that one to the ground 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

There wasn’t a lack of persecution though.

The Associated Press reviewed the documents of more than 300 federal cases involving protests following the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers on May 25, 2020. The outlet found that over 120 people have pleaded guilty or were convicted of federal crimes including arson, rioting, and conspiracy. More than 70 of the people in the cases received an average of 27 months in prison and at least 10 people have been sentenced to five years or more in prison. 

30 minutes ago, Plissken said:

There wasn’t a lack of persecution though.

The Associated Press reviewed the documents of more than 300 federal cases involving protests following the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers on May 25, 2020. The outlet found that over 120 people have pleaded guilty or were convicted of federal crimes including arson, rioting, and conspiracy. More than 70 of the people in the cases received an average of 27 months in prison and at least 10 people have been sentenced to five years or more in prison. 

Over 500 riots and city blocks burned...and 10 people got 5 years. Sorry but that isn't making your case IMO

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Can you see the difference between someone breaking in your house to steal from you and someone breaking in to murder you?

18 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Can you see the difference between someone breaking in your house to steal from you and someone breaking in to murder you?

How many people were killed 6th vs the BLM riots? As far as I know the only person killed was a white unarmed girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

How many people were killed 6th vs the BLM riots? As far as I know the only person killed was a white unarmed girl.

I don't know how many were killed during the riots. There were over 10,000 arrests after the BLM riots though.  The point I was making is that the Jan. 6 idiots tried to stop the transfer of power, the BLM idiots were rioting about unarmed people being killed, neither is acceptable but the intent was different. 

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

Over 500 riots and city blocks burned...and 10 people got 5 years. Sorry but that isn't making your case IMO

500 :lol:

Sounds more like the amount of city blocks in Flint with lead poisoning where only one was found guilty and they only got a year of probation.  

On 5/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, SkisNH said:

simple

BLM riots were predominantly people of color

J6 were predominantly white people

see any difference now? 

1790854419_200(1).gif.f1c1b28f745159dc5ab2c144ee26a071.gif

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

On 5/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, SkisNH said:

Of course.  Because you’re a knuckle dragging moron. 

The difference???  A president encouraging it on TV and tweets. Race riots vs a fucking coup?  Huge difference.. ANYONE thinks different is a fucking coward and NOT a American.. Do I agree with the race riots NO  not at all.. But the difference is huge.. And the founding fathers would have hung every piece of shit at the capital and put orange man in jail. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

The difference???  A president encouraging it on TV and tweets. Race riots vs a fucking coup?  Huge difference.. ANYONE thinks different is a fucking coward and NOT a American.. Do I agree with the race riots NO  not at all.. But the difference is huge.. And the founding fathers would have hung every piece of shit at the capital and put orange man in jail. 

Yeah , leftists never encourage violence.  :lol:

• Haha 1